Love at first sight

Love at first sight

Jonghyun experienced love at first sight when he was seventeen.


It was just like any other school day. Jonghyun was smoking on the rooftop of the school, the place where no one was allowed to go but him, when suddenly a voice sounding as smooth as honey reached his ears from behind.

“Smoking is not good for your health”.

Jonghyun sneered, crushing the last bit of cigarette with his steel heel shoes and prepared his fists to smack down whoever it was for stepping their feet into the place that was his. He turned around , hands automatically clutching to the other person's uniform shirt, fist raising“Are you ing stup...?” He froze as a pair of dark beautiful brown orbs, wide and full of fear, met with his own eyes.  

Before him, was what Jonghyun would call an absolute angel.  

 

Jonghyun wanted to ask him who he was, what class he was in, why haven't he seen him in school before and most of all, what he was doing on the rooftop that he clearly claimed as his, Kim Jonghyun's, in front of the whole school. But instead, his fist loosened as it made its way towards the other's cheek, his heart pounding loudly in his ears as he caressed them gently.  

Be mine” was the first thing that came out of his mouth.  

The other's mouth was wide open, confusion written all over his face and Joghyun struggled hard to avoid the overwhelming urge to kiss him senseless right then and there. When the other boy finally comprehended the whole situation, after about thirty seconds of gawking, he gasped loudly and wiggled out of Jonghyun's hold only to be pulled back again hard against Jonghyun's chest. 

Jonghyun tucked some of his hair behind his ears and whispered hotly into them “I want you to be mine”, making sure that he made himself clear this time. After a short moment of silence, the boy unexpectedly pushed Joghyun in the ribs, more harder than intended, causing him to fall on the ground.  

I'm so sorry” The boy mumbled and ran away from the rooftop, leaving a dumbfounded Jonghyun behind.

Jonghyun wasn't sure why the boy apologized. For pushing him away? For giving butterflies in his stomach? For making his heart beat like crazy? He really wasn't sure. But there was one thing he was perfectly sure about.

 

He was in love.

--------------------

After doing a good amount of research, Jonghyun found out that the 'angel' that he met on the school roof was, Lee Jinki, a new transfer student from the US. That explained why he was on the rooftop that day, because no one in the school dared to disobey Kim Jonghyun. 

But Jonghyun liked to think It was fate. 

He made stealing Jinki's heart the mission of his life from then on.

He followed Jinki everywhere, even going as far as changing his whole timetable just so that he could be in Jinki's class for every single subject. Jinki tried ignoring Jonghyun as much as he could but it wouldn't really work if you had someone staring at your face the entire time. Jonghyun kept on asking Jinki questions so that they could form a conversation but nothing seemed to work. Jinki decided he would reply to Jonghyun's questions with a nod or a word no more than that so that he would just go away thinking he is boring or something.

But no, Jonghyun wasn't the one to give up. In fact, he took Jinki's reaction in a entirely different way. He thought that whatever he was doing right now wasn't pleasing enough.
 

Which is why he appeared on the stage in the middle of the school assembly with a big bouquet of flowers. 


He snatched the microphone from the head teacher and snapped. “ I want all of you to know that Lee Jinki is mine and no one else's. Touch him and you're dead.” And he dramatically walked over to where Jinki was seated and held up the flowers “I love you Lee Jinki. Let's date”.

Jinki blankly stared at the flowers and then Jonghyun's face and left the assembly hall with a loud slam of the door.  

Wow, I've never seen Jinki like that before”, Jonghyun heard someone say. He glared at them before following Jinki outside. 

“Jinki! Jinki just stop for a second and at least tell me why you can't date me for 's sake.” 

Jinki turned around, cheeks red with anger, which Jonghyun failed to notice as he carried on “Am I not perfect enough? I have good looks, money and every thing else that a person would die for. What else do you need? Just tell me. I'm ready to do anything for you”

 Thwack! Jinki punched Jonghyun right on the nose. He was actually aiming for the face but that's not the point. “I can never love someone as arrogant and self-centred as you, Jonghyun” He simply said before turning to leave.  

Realisation hit Jonghyun hard. 

Was he arrogant and self-centred?

The answer was simple.  

 Yes, he was.  He always had been.  

I can change!” He was quick to say it, before he even realised he did, almost sounding desperate  

Prove it” demanded Jinki. 

He was just gone like that.

 

Jonghyun took the challege.

--------------------

 Jonghyun wrote a letter on how much of a bastard Lee Jinki is and decided commit suicide after two years of waiting. 


“Jonghyun stop being such a kid and get back down here!” Jinki screamed his lungs out to Jonghyun, who's standing on the terrace of Jinki's four-floor apartment, with a large bottle of almost finished beer in his hand. The front of the apartment crowded with people and even news reporters with cameras. How did they even get here? 


“Lee Jinki, you heartless bastard!” Jonghyun hiccups taking another sip from his beer, “Din't you say that you will go out with me if I change? Did I not ing change for you? Did I not turn into a nerd for you? Did I not take off my ear studs and dye my beautiful blonde hair to plain black for you Lee ing Jinki?”, he pointed at Jinki “Oh and did I mention those ugly geeky glasses?” Jonghyun asked looking generally at the crowd's direction.  

Never mind. And you all know what he did? Hey kid, you wanna know what he did?” He asked to a random boy standing terrified by what he is seeing. But he nods anyway. “When some girl with a pretty face blond hair and a S-line body , this totally went after her. I saw him hugging her with my own eyes. Jinki you ing jerk, if I knew you had a thing for blonde haired people I wouldn't dyed my hair in the first place.” He heard the crowd awwing at this. “ Thank you my people” 

Jonghyun we can talk about this” said Jinki hoping he would just listen to him.

“Shut your mouth. I don't wanna freakin talk. I'm letting the whole world know today what you did to me before I die right here right now in front of your apartment.” His voice cracked as he took another sip “He wants to talk after breaking my ing heart. Ah ah ah, and don't ever think that I'm leaving you alone after this. My ghost will come and you every night.”

Jinki flushed red. There is only one way left to stop Jonghyun now.

 “Jonghyun”

Shut up. I don't wanna hear it” Jonghyun covered both of his ears with his hands.

  “I love you” Jinki mumbled.

I said I don't wanna in...wait you what?”  

I SAID I LOVE YOU SO COME THE DOWN” Jinki shouts this time for the whole world to hear.   

Jonghyun stood there gaping like fish and pinched himself just to make sure that this was real. When he felt the pain a smirk broke on his lips.

  Say it again and I'll come”

No you sappy idiot. I said it twice already”

“If you don't say it, I swear I'll jump” Jonghyun threatened moving towards the edge of the building, the smirk still plastered on his face.

Jinki takes a deep breath.

“I love you I love you I love you I love you. happy now?”

“Did you all hear that? He totally confessed to me. Hey hey hey you, news reporter person, did you record that in you camera? Is this live?”

 

Jinki buried his face on his hands. He can't believe he just did something as embarrassing as this.

 He hate Jonghyun. 


When Jonghyun came down from the top of the building, he dragged Jinki , threw him to the bed and ravished his body for the whole night, making sure that every bit Jinki is marked as his and only his.

 

And they lived happily ever after.

The end.

(“Woah!! Wait a minute, don't just end it like that. What about that blond girl you hugged?”


 

That was my sister Jonghyun. She returned from the US so thought to pay me a visit because we haven't seen each other for such a long time.”

“Oh”

“Yeah”

“I'm sorry for saying all those things to you back there”

“It's alright. Can we just get on with it now?”)


Thank you for reading.