The Game

Russian Roulette

Stepping forward she caressed the black table, carefully dragging her fingers across it, her black pumps clicking against the cracked floor as she made her way over towards the light switch. Flicking it on, the chandelier above the table flickered and lit the dim room. Tossing her bag onto the table carelessly she started pulling the necessary amount of chairs around the table.

            The chairs were still empty when she took her spot in the center facing the door. Reaching into the black purse she pulled out a 6 shot revolver and placed it gently on top of the table.  She sat silently, her dark make up hiding all the fear floating around her eyes.

            Her footsteps were quiet her shoes softly clicking. The chains hanging off her leather pants bounced clanking with every step, it was the only sound that let others be aware of her presence. Pulling open the door she quickly stepped into the dim room. Her hands shoved deep into her two toned leather jacket. She didn’t even worry about shutting the door letting it slam shut.

            The red hair girl glanced up to see the familiar blonde approaching her. “Narae.” The words rolled off her tongue dripping with hate.

            “Boa.” The blonde replied, a smirk painting against her lips as she pulled out a chair to the right of Britt. Sitting down she crossed her legs glancing over at the other her hands were neatly folded with her chin resting against them.

“What was it this time?” Boa asked staring at the girl who covered herself in thick eyeliner.

“A bet,” Narae mumbled only to receive a suspicious glance from the red head, “so what?” She shrugged, turning to the door as it squeaked open.

“Tell me what kind of bet. Tell me Narae...” She pestered.

            “Just stop!” Narae yelled frustrated at Boa.

            “What’s going on here?” Both girls looked up to see the slim tall figure approaching them.

            “Junhyun…” The words slipped through both of the girls lips as Junhyun sat down on the other side of Boa. Her straight long black hair thrown over both shoulders, her bangs neatly pinned back. Her black shirt had the sleeves pulled up and her frail wrist covered thickly in bracelets.      “Hello Narae and Boa.” The younger nodded to the girls just as the door creaked open making a presence know of another female who was entering the room.

            Her legs shaded by the tight red pencil skirt. The tan dress top hung loosely over her shoulder, still hugging her in the right places, the gold necklace resting over her collarbones and her chocolate locks pulled up into a tight bun with her bangs pulled away from her flawless face.

            “Hey didn’t expect to see you guys here to early. Especially you Junhyun.” She glanced around the room claiming the seat to Junhyun. Bohyun bit her lip. She could just kill Junhyun now. It’s all Jess’s fault. If only she didn’t bring her younger sister last game.

                        “Hey there, Bohyun.” The older sister stared at the dark hair girl in front of her.

            “Hey Juhyun.” She spat looking around the room noticing four other girls. One was bound to die.

            “Looks like you brought another player. Too bad we only asked for one more.” Lifting her hand Junhyun aimed the .22 revolver at Bohyun’s sister’s head. Before Bohyun could react the gun fired and the small girl’s body fell to the hard floor.

            “Minhee!” Bohyun screamed out tears already rolling down her cheeks, scrambling to the body Bohyun scooped up her sister and held the body close to her. She was shaking. Junhyun was the only person she trusted but yet she killed the only family she had left; ever since that day Bohyun wanted nothing more to see the young girl dead.

“Things like this aren’t a big deal to me Bohyun.” Junhyun spat crossing her legs and looked over to Narae.  Her hair was pushed aside and Junhyun could clear see the sweat starting to form. Everyone was staring at the empty seat then the door. They were missing one more player. Then they could finally start the game. Boa slowly her lips as Bohyun folded her hands and cracked them before leaning back in her chair.

            The sound of the door screaming out brought everyone’s attention to the last player, who pushed the door farther open. Her hips swayed from side to side as she walked in. Her caramel locks pulled back into a high ponytail curled loosely and thrown carelessly over her shoulder. Her black sweater tightly clinging to her, her pants seemed to shine in the dark room one side was white the other side black. Her lace up heels clicked harshly against the cracked concrete floor.

            “Seems that everyone’s here, so I guess I'm the last player.” She glanced around the table her eyes falling onto Junhyun. She could feel the tension between her and Bohyun. Bohyun hates Junhyun but yet they were sitting next to each other. Biting her lip she pulled the chair out that happened to be next to Narae and Bohyun. Both hands against the table she slowly dropped herself into the chair.

“It’s nice for you to finally show up, Jiwon.” Boa mumbled rolling her eyes.

“It’s time to test my luck, let’s begin.” Jiwon spoke, a sadistic smile appearing across her pale lips.  Boa reached down picking up the revolver that was lying on the table. Opening the cylinder she released six bullets from their beds. The clanking sound of the bullets against the table earned all the girls attention. Boa’s slender fingers gently took one out of the pile and placed it back into the gun. Looking around the table she quickly spun the cylinder. The ticking sound was passing by faster than time. With a single flick of her wrist it clicked shut and she looked down at the gun.

“No one bails… We all play. If we are lucky we all will go home. But one of us will die tonight.” Boa’s chocolate orbs flickered over to Bohyun who nodded slightly, ‘Junhyun will pay…’ Bohyun thought as she clenched her teeth. “I'm up first.” Boa lifted the gun to her head. Her bracelets slowly sliding down her wrist as her thumb pulled back the hammer. She could feel her heart pounding as she held the tightly. ‘Get this over with…’ Boa encouraged herself and pulled back the trigger.

Click. She let out a sigh of relief. She managed to get free of the bullet; she couldn’t help but to smirk as she passed the revolver to Narae. Forcing the lump down in Narae closed her eyes tightly inhaling and exhaling slowly. With shaky hands the blonde pulled the gun up to her head. Her scared eyes bounced from face to face.

“Hey baby, I’ll count to three and pull.” Boa nodded towards the nervous girl and she only returned the nodded. Steadying her hands the red head started counting. “One,” Narae pushed the gun harder against her head, “Two,” She pulled the hammer back, “Three.” Narae pulled only to hear the click telling her she had won the bet. Setting the gun down Narae let out a weak laugh before passing the gun over to Jiwon, who she carelessly picked up the gun staring at it with a smug smile.

“Scared?” A voice called out next to her. Turning her attention she nodded, slightly ignoring Bohyun’s comment. “If you say you aren’t scared, you're lying.” She said dryly. ‘My breath is getting quicker…’ Jiwon thought, biting her thumb then lip Jiwon pulled the hammer quickly and didn’t hesitate to place it against her head and pull the trigger. That soft click was music to her ears. Turning her wrist upward she dropped the gun into Bohyun’s awaiting hand.

“If it’s not you I’ll die anyways.” She whispered into Junhyun’s ear only to see fear cross the younger’s face. Placing the gun in her lap she opened the cylinder making sure no one saw her mysterious actions. She noticed it was suppose to fire on herself. ‘Now is my chance, I can get my revenge.’ Shifting it one to the right she smiled, realizing it was finally going to be over. Closing the cylinder she pulled the gun back up to her head and pulled the hammer. Releasing along breath she pulled the trigger and that click meant it was finally coming true.

Junhyun shifted uncomfortable in her seat. As she stared at the gun Bohyun placed in front of her. “That last moment where everything is on the table, if that doesn’t work, it’s over.” Nat spoke softly to Junhyun. She was already showing sympathy to the girl. It was a 50/50 chance she would die.

“I have nothing to lose…” Junhyun cried out, tears beginning to brim.

“Don’t hesitate…” Bohyun cooed her smile tormenting Junhyun. ‘I’m afraid that I will lose. My throat is tightening, my heart is numbing. It’s over...’ Juhyun bit her lip as she pulled the hammer. Placing it gently against the side of her head, her hands wouldn’t stop trembling. She was terrified.

“With your hand just aim, and pull.” Bohyun ordered as Junhyun pulled the trigger back, “Bang…” Bohyun whispered with the sound of the gun going off.