Happy birthday

A BTS Post-birthday drabble

"Where were you earlier?" He asks, voice above a whisper. They cannot afford to be caught, not when everyone's retired to bed and fast asleep.

 

There's no response. He steps closer to the figure sitting on the counter, to the one who he's been looking for the whole day. He stops short when they're inches apart, barely touching. He looks up just in time to see the other look away.

 

"Yah. Jungkookie-ah," He whispers, voice almost cracking because it hurts when the one you love doesn't even look at you anymore. He noticed for the past few days Jungkook has been running away when he's close, only politely answering when asked. He was never this distant, and they were certainly never like this. He wonders what changed. 

 

"Please. Look at me," There must be something in his voice that made Jungkook turn to him. Maybe he heard his heart breaking? Or his world shattering under his feet? Either way, he's glad Jungkook's looking at him now.

 

"Why are you avoiding me? Has hyung done something? Said something? Please tell me," His voice suddenly cracks at the last sentence. He doesn't realize a tear had escaped his eyes until a finger was wiping it away.

 

"Hyung, you shouldn't be crying. It- it's your birthday," Jungkook feels tears also well in his eyes when he sees Jimin cry because of him. He never meant to hurt the other, and because of that he cursed himself for being stupid and selfish. He bites his lip, cups a cheek and forces Jimin to look up at him.

 

"I wanna know why you're avoiding me, Jungkook," Jimin leans in, brackets himself within Jungkook's legs and places his hands on Jungkook's thighs.

 

Jungkook squirms, a flush on his cheeks, but doesn't push away.

 

"I- I-" Jungkook falters and bites his lip. Jimin stares at it, thinks he wants to do the same thing with it.

 

"You're what?" Jimin raises an eyebrow that disappears into his hair. Jungkook holds back a laugh.

 

"I.." Jungkook breathes deeply. It's now or never.

 

"I was jealous," He spills and feels his face abnormally heat up and his ears turn red. He hides his face in his hands, refusing to look up.

 

He hears a soft chuckle and peaks through the gaps in his fingers. The nerve of this guy!

 

"Yah! What are you laughing at, huh?" He punches Jimin in the arm but hurts his hand instead. Damn those muscles! I think I broke my hand T_T

 

"Why are you so cute?" Jimin pinches his nose then grabs his hand, soothing a thumb over his knuckles. He looks up to se Jimin smiling at him, warm eyes crinkling in amusement, and he blushes.

 

"I am not cute!" Jungkook pouts petulantly and it reminds Jimin of how old he truly is. It hurts to see how much Jungkook is forced to grow up and be mature. Such innocence shouldn't be taken away from anyone.

 

"Yes you are, my dear dongsaeng. Besides, who are you jealous of anyway? Taehyung?" He's meant to tease but the blush on Jungkook's cheeks becomes redder and he can't help the amused chuckle that escapes him.

 

"You were jealous of him? Oh that is epic," A -eating grin threatens to split his face into two. Jungkook looks at him with that infamous what-is-funny-you-idiot face of his. He grins wider.

 

"Are you done laughing at me? Because I'm going to sleep," Jungkook moves to get down the counter but Jimin wouldn't budge, strong hands coming up to grip his waist.

 

"You're not going anywhere. Not until I get my birthday wish," Jimn inches closer and their breaths mingle.

 

"What b-birthday wish?" Jungkook curses himself how his heart stutters with his voice, how he melts under Jimin's warm gaze.

 

And before Jungkook could react..

 

"This," Jimin mumbles against his lips, shuts his eyes, and closes the distance between them.