Chapter 2

When in Doubt

Everything Jieun's management thought was going to happen, happened. The story that all the reporters were going along with was that Eunhyuk had with Jieun when she was a minor.

It was ridiculous. Just from a photo, a fictional novel could be written. In this particular picture, Jieun suddenly got a whole new image.

"Is that what people look like after ?" Jieun asked the people in the conference room, making everyone blush. After hearing that question, they were sure the rumors weren't true.

"Jieun, watch your language." Shin Wonsoo, the CEO of LOEN said exasperatedly, massaging his temples. They had been getting calls all morning and he was exhausted.

It turns out Jieun wasn't too hurt by the rumors. Of course there were things that were being said that hurt(she was human after all) but she wasn't going to let people who didn't know what happened get to her. She understood what happened, her boyfriend understood what happened, and her close friends, family, and even the people in the company didn't misunderstand her after she explained what happened. Everyone knew her too well and for too long to know that she wasn't someone that would flaunt her life, if she had one. She also didn't flaunt her personal connections.

 This time just happened to be an innocent mistake. Jieun had been friends with Eunhyuk for so long, she just wanted to reveal it. It was something to replace the fact that she couldn't go public with her own relationship. Infinite is gaining more and more popularity, going public with a relationship was a 'no no.' Unfortunately being the Nation's Little Sister meant that she had to be cute and innocent. Losing her title could be the fall of her career.

"How are we going to get pass this?" One of the employees asked at the meeting. "Everyone is thinking the worst of Jieun right now and there is no way the press is going to believe a word we say."

"SM Entertainment doesn't think it's worth it to be worried about this." said Wonsoo. "Let's just send out a press release and go from there. Jieun ah, you're not allowed to use your Twitter for a while. I also want you to just continue with your schedule. Don't let any of this affect you."

"Yes, sir." said Jieun.

"Jieun, please refrain from doing things like this again. I don't have the energy to scold you right now so you're lucky." Wonsoo got up and left the conference room. Jieun let out a huge sigh. She walked over to the entrance of the conference room so she could bow and apologize for causing trouble for everyone.

--------------------------

Myungsoo walked into his room, went on his laptop, searched something, slammed his laptop shut, stomped into the living room and did the whole process over and over and over again. Sungjong could vouch for it, he witnessed the entire thing.

"Is he being totally adorable?" asked Jieun. She was on the phone with Sungjong and he was narrating Myungsoo's actions.

"You would call it adorable, I would call it weird."

"Why is he doing that?"

"He's pissed. He's been reading negative comments about you all day and it's been bothering him."

"Aww… he’s so sweet. What did I do in my past life to deserve such a perfect boyfriend?"

"Oh gross. You're being all sentimental. Are your hormones out of whack? You don’t sound like the Lee Jieun I know. Are you pregnant?"

"YAH! LEE SUNGJONG! THAT IS SO NOT FUNNY!" Sungjong laughed his off. Myungsoo ran to where Sungjong was and asked excitedly,

"I heard Jieun! Where is she?" Sungjong's reason for laughing switched from Jieun to Myungsoo.

"Gosh, you guys are a weird couple. You're perfect for each other."

"She's on the phone? Give me!" Myungsoo charged at Sungjong but Sungjong kept pushing him away with his feet.

"I asked you if you wanted to talk earlier and you ignored me! I'm talking to Jieun now so go away! This is my phone!"

"YAH! LET ME SPEAK TO MY GIRLFRIEND!"

How could Myungsoo forget how strong Sungjong was?

Sungjong pushed Infinite's visual and ran into his room, locking it.

"SO- JIEUN AH! LET ME TELL YOU WHAT MYUNGSOO WAS DOING WHEN HE THOUGHT HE WAS ALONE THE OTHER DAY. YOU WILL HAVE A TOTALLY DIFFERENT VIEW OF HIM AFTER THIS!" Sungjong teased, yelling so Myungsoo could hear him.

"YAH LEE SUNGJOOOOOOOOONNNNG!!!!"

-----------------------------------------

"How are you holding up, hyung?" asked Myungsoo. He was in Eunhyuk's dressing room before a show they both had scheduled.

"I've been okay I guess. I feel pretty bad when people are making jokes about the situation and Jieun's the only one that is really being made a fool of. To get through the joke, I have to make jokes myself and I feel like I'm making Jieun look worse. But what can I do?"

"It's not your fault. I'm sure Jieun understands. She put you in a tight spot."

"She's amazing though. This is probably the worst thing that could happen to an idol with a innocent image. But instead of hiding and making the situation worse, Jieun's living up to it. She's not hiding away, she's continuing with her schedules with a smile. My fans... I admit have been giving her tons of crap. I'm sure her own fans have even her. But she doesn't let any of this affect her. I'm really proud of her." Myungsoo nodded and smiled. He agreed with every word.

"How did I get so lucky?"

"How did you get lucky? It's more like how did she get lucky? You're a great guy, Kim Myungsoo. You stuck by her and didn't misunderstand her. My girlfriend on the other hand, misunderstood. Jieun went over to her house herself to beg for forgiveness. Jieun's lucky my girlfriend loves her."

Myungsoo just smiles. Jieun and I are both lucky that we found each other.

-----------------------------------------

Myungsoo notices that Jieun looks more than happy lately. She has lost a lot of fans (there's no doubt about that) but it seems like this is the happiest he's seen her. When they go on dates, her smile never goes away and that's how he likes to see her.

"I'm moving forward." said Jieun when he asked her why this was. "This is my chance to break away and start doing music I like. You can start fanboying over Suzy again; she still has the innocent image."

"You’re not jealous?" Myungsoo asks, slightly pouting. Jieun grins seeing how cute he is.

"Should I be?"

"I like when you’re jealous. It's cute."

"You want me to be jealous of Suzy. Suzy. My best friend, Suzy. You're kidding me, right?"

"I kid you not."

"I repeat, should I be jealous? If you want to pursue Suzy, I'll break up with you." Jieun says, this time it's her turn to pout.

"Jieun ah~" Myungsoo whines, this whole thing back fired on him. "I only say she's my ideal type so that I can bother you!!" Jieun lets go of his hand and is now frowning at him. "It's like how you always say Taeyang sunbaenim is your ideal type and I'm nothing like him! Now that we're on that subject, how could you let him get so close to you? How could you show him how much you like him? You don't do that to me!" Jieun felt her phone vibrating as Myungsoo was talking and smirked.

"Taeyang sunbaenim?" she answered the phone. Myungsoo turned to Jieun with his eyes wide.

Yah, Lee Jieun. You're with your boyfriend again, aren't you? Stop pretending like I'm Taeyang sunbae! It was Suzy.

"Meet up? When?" Myungsoo crossed his arms and glared.

Aigoo. You two are too funny. But yes, I want to meet up! I miss you!

"I miss you too." Jieun said, sincerely. Forgetting for a second that she was pretending it was Taeyang. Myungsoo grabbed the phone.

"SHE'S MINE!" Myungsoo yelled into the phone.

"Yah! Kim Myungsoo OPPA! Don't yell at me!" Suzy yelled back. Jieun grabbed the phone and laughed like crazy.

"He was being mean, Suzy yah." Jieun whined.

"Break up with him already! I know these two guys we can double date!" Suzy joked, knowing Myungsoo was listening.

"You should stop being friends with her, Jieun ah." said Myungsoo pleadingly. "She's ruining our relationship!"

"Jieun will always pick me over you!" shouted Suzy. When Jieun ends the call with Suzy, she smiles and puts her hand on Myungsoo's cheek.

"You're adorable." she told him. Myungsoo grinned cheekily. "But I won't get jealous, I trust you too much."

"But I like when you're jealous." he says childishly. Jieun pinches his cheek lovingly.

It was only during the beginning stages in their relationship which was about a year ago that Jieun got jealous. It was a feeling she hated. She didn't like when Myungsoo repeatedly said Suzy was his ideal type and she didn't like it when other idol girls would flirt openly with him. A little more into their relationship, she realized she didn't have to be jealous. Myungsoo always showed her how much he cared for and loved her.

-------------------------------------------

A/N: So here's some fluff. I'm not sure how many times I wrote this chapter, I don't know how I feel about this. The original draft had angst and more complicated stuff. Hopefully you all liked this chapter!