When the Storm Comes

Storm

The sky of this evening seems to be not bright, knowing some small dark gray cottons hanging there slowly move and form a big one until it spreads and covers the whole sky. The cold wind takes this chance to blows the trees and makes them dance passionately into the rhythm. The lightning shows off its sparks every now and then, and it becomes a sign for the thunder to roar its existence. Droplets of water touch the ground one by one, causing small puddles on it. Soon enough the droplets call its relatives and they decide to go down at once, making a loud sound as the rain pours down and drenched all things below them.

 

Many people who is still outside runs to the nearest shelter, hiding themselves from the nature's anger. Some of them are brave enough to walk through the attacks only by umbrella on their hands, but that doesn't help them a lot since the wind ruins their shield and makes them give up.

 

Some people who is in their home probably already shuts the windows and turns on the heater. Few of them maybe are afraid to do anything and just can curl their body, shut their eyes tightly, and cover their ears with their palms.

 

And one of that kind of people is Youngjae.

 

He actually doesn't know why he hates or is afraid, to be exact, of this weather. He always find himself lets a shocked scream as the thunder does the same. His heart is beating really fast; making his palm rubs his chest as he tries to control his shaky breathing. He curses inwardly for being such a coward in this situation. He can't stop mentally slapping himself as he bites his lower lip, preventing any tears fall down. He is afraid, too damn afraid to be alone in his apartment now. The weather outside isn't getting any better, even the lightning and thunder more with a collaboration of light show and solo drum performance which makes no sense for him. He covers his ears, not wanting any other things make him down but suddenly his phone lets out a loud ring. Abruptly running to the desk, he grabs it and taps the answer button without looking at the caller ID.

 

"H-Hello?"

 

"Baby? Are you okay? I'm still on my way right now. I'll be there on few minutes."

 

Youngjae's lips turn upward and sudden warmth runs over his body only by hearing the other's worried voice.

 

"O-Okay... Be safe..."

 

He hears some noises on the other line before he hangs up and puts his phone on his chest, letting out a deep sigh. He isn't that afraid anymore but still he doesn't want to be alone. Not going to think for the worst possibility on this kind of weather, silently he prays for the other to be there soon. He walks to the kitchen to take a glass of warm water. He still has a half glass of it when suddenly the thunder once again cries out, making him chokes and his eyes shut. He instantly bends down and ducks his head, covering his left ear with his left palm and lifts his right shoulder to cover his right ear as he is still holding the glass on his right hand. He starts to shaking again and this time he really lost his temper. He shouts a name that he really wants to be with now. He hears some muffle sounds but not clear because his ears are still covered. His eyes open in shock as he feels a pair of cold and wet arms wrap himself tightly.

 

"God! Baby! I'm really sorry..."

 

His stiff body slowly melts down because of the other’s embrace. He releases his hand and shoulder from his ears and gives the male a hug. He can't help but cries as he drops his head on the other's shoulder.

 

"I-I a-am afra-aid..."he tries to say it but the uncontrollable sobs make him chokes and can't speak clearly.

 

"Ssshh... Don't be... I'm here now..." the older draws soothing circles on his back, trying to calm him down.

 

He nods lightly, trying to stop his tears, "D-Don't lea-ave m-me..."

 

The other pulls away and puts hand on his chin, lifting it so that he can see his face, "I'm not leaving you and I won't leave you..." he smiles and wipes the tears on the younger's cheeks before gives a soft peck on his nose.

 

Youngjae is still pale but his face turns a shade of pink upon the elder's action. He only gives quick nods and smiles. The other helps him to stand up and walk slowly because his feet are still wobbly. He puts down the glass he is still holding on the kitchen sink. They walk to the living room and sit down on the couch. The older excuses himself to change his soaked clothes into a dry one, reassuring the blonde that he will be back in a minute. Youngjae only mouths okay and the brunette runs to his bedroom like there's no tomorrow. The younger rubs his arms, trying to get rid of the cold temperature. He takes a glance to the window beside him and sighs as the rain doesn't calm down even just a bit. When he hears the other's steps, he turns his head to the source of the sound, smiling at the things that he brings: blanket, iPod and headphone. He pulls his body from the couch to help the older but suddenly his worst nightmare comes. He can't see anything but darkness. He lets out a loud gasp that the older can hear clearly.

 

"Baby! Don't move! Stay there! I'll search for any lights and candles!"

 

The blonde plumps back down to the couch, his hands searching for a cabinet beside it. His breathe becomes heavier, panic runs over his body. He is afraid if he couldn't find what he needs. Once his hand finds the cabinet he pulls the first drawer, searching for a small bottle that can save his life.

 

"Baby! Ssshh... Calm down... I'll search it for you..." the other comes with two candles on his hands. He puts it on the table in front of the couch so that Youngjae isn't trapped on the darkness anymore. The younger starts to find calmness, he looks at the candles and takes a deep breath. The older continues the blonde's mission to find the bottle. He pulls the drawers one by one, narrows his eyes to each drawer and finally finds what he needs.

 

"Here, baby..." he gives it to Youngjae who takes it and closes his eyes, inhaling it deeply. He knows that the younger can't be separated with the inhaler since he has asthma and it will be worse if he's on the darkness like this. Youngjae ever forgot to bring his inhaler and unfortunately the electricity went out, making his condition worsened. He collapsed. As a good partner, the older won't let it happens again. He will stay beside Youngjae as much as he can. He has to be the guardian of the fragile boy.

 

Once he sees Youngjae's breath starts to be normal, he silently stands up and makes his way to the kitchen. He takes two cups from the kitchen cabinet and a kettle from the other cabinet. He turns on the stove, pours some amount of water into the kettle and boils it. He puts some kinds of powder into the cups. After few minutes he thinks that the water is warm enough, he pours it into the cups and stirs it. Youngjae slowly opens his eyes and turns his head to the older who is walking away from the kitchen, holding two cups on his hands. The brunette smiles and puts down the cups on the table, beside the candles. He walks to the other side of the table, grabbing something from the floor and sits down beside the younger. He takes the younger closer in his embrace as the younger leans his head on the elder’s shoulder who is now wrapping themselves on the thing he grabbed before and puts something on their ears to bring themselves to the dreamland.

 

Some people don’t care about themselves and just run hastily to their home, ignoring the loud screams of the thunder and the water shots of the rain. They want to arrive home as soon as possible and make sure that their lovers are okay. Some people don't turn on the heater to make themselves warm. They make two cups of hot chocolate, wrap themselves in a thick blanket, cuddle to each other and put their headphones on while listening to music from the iPod until they totally fall to their dreams.

 

And one of that kind of people is Daehyun.

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

I know that I'm so greedy to write, thank you <3

I haven't updated my first fic and suddenly I wrote this one. I hope you guys can understand me :3

I promise I will update it on few days maybe? LOL

Please ignore some errors okay ;)

 

Hugs,

Daevil