You're the Best :)

[OneShot] Best I Ever Had

“Are you telling us that Kwon Jiyong, The G-DRAGON, BIGBANG’S Leader and the Best Male Artist of the Year… is finally admitting that he is in a relationship?”

“BWOH?!”

“CHEONGMAL?!”

“G-DRAGON-SSI?!"

“Yes…” Jiyong bashfully covered his face with his two hands and nodded. He fanned himself with his right hand and said, “Yes, I am in a relationship. And in love with the most wonderful girl in the world!” 

“OMO! Everyone, I know this is not new to all of us, especially to those who are avid viewers of Strong Heart. But wow. This is a One of A Kind Confession! I just love it when YG artists come out here. We get to learn a lot! I guess it’s not just Seungri who’s our favorite guest now! Seunggi-yah, you should take a page from his book! You must confess like G-Dragon over here!” Kang Hodong said energetically.

Ever since Strong Heart changed back to its old emcees and old show format, a lot of idols have gone to the show, choosing to appear in this program because of the fun entertainment and familiarity. It became easy for the idols to share about their lives as the emcees felt more familiar to them. And the show regained their old viewers and even attracted a lot more because of this.

“Aigoo. Hyung!” Seunggi said with a shake of his head, “Maybe, next time.” 

The crowd reacted, “Aww! Seunggi-ssi!” 

“Next time… Next time…” Seunggi just gave them his beautiful smile and the crowd listened again, “But G-Dragon-ssi, I think we all want to know who this girl is.”

“Yes!”

“Is she a model?”

“Is she an actress?”

“I bet she’s Miss Korea 2009!”

“No, I bet it’s that Japanese Model!”

“Is she an idol too?”

“Yes.” Jiyong finally answered.

“WHAT!?”

“WHO? Is she part of a girl group?”

The crowd went wild. Even the other guests started standing up from their seats to get a better view of the shy Jiyong.

“WOWOW! This is something big! For the past years whenever you are involved in a scandal you always deny it. Whether you’re with a model, an actress or a beauty queen, you always dismiss the scandal and say that she is just a friend! I wonder what does this girl have or do to have you G-Dragon as a boyfriend?” Hodong started.

“Yes, that is true.” Seunggi continued. “We really want to know. Who is this wonderful woman that you are talking about?”

“Lee Chaerin, also known as CL. 2NE1’s Leader. My One and Only Baddest Female.” 


---

To say that Kwon Jiyong was not nervous is an understatement. Monday night, he had to shoot for the Strong Heart episode to be shown on Tuesday night. And because it was a rushed episode the cast had to stay to monitor if ever some part will go wrong. When he was cleared to go, he had to practice for his comeback stage on Mnet’s Thursday show then he was called for another rush recording in the studios. 

Gah. He is so tired... more than tired. It’s already really late afternoon on Wednesday when he got to come home. 

And he’s not just tired. He’s also scared of what his Chaerin will say. He’s so sure that she has watched the show last night. 

“Chaerin-ah! I’m home.” He said with a grin. 

He really loved doing that when he comes home to her. It makes him feel so at home, feels like his coming home to his wife. Well soon, he’ll call her his wife.

“I’m in the kitchen oppa! Just making dinner!”

And we get another wide grin from him. Home with his wifey plus dinner especially made by his wifey and all for him? BEST NIGHT EVER! 

“Hey baby!” 

He caught Chaerin reaching for something on the top shelves when he went to see her, a perfect opportunity to give her a hug from the back. 

“Hi Oppa.” 

Aish, she’s so busy she won’t even look at him. Oh no… is she mad?

She moved back to what she was cooking with Jiyong still hugging her from the back.

“Why are you quiet baby?” he said while resting his chin on her right shoulder.

“Huh? I’m not. I’m just trying to figure out if this taste is enough.”

“Really? Let me try.”

“Here.” She scooped some sauce with her pinky and offered it up to him. “Is it okay?”

He grinned at her and said, “This is why I want to marry you.” 

She playfully slapped him, “Silly oppa! Now go set the tables please.” and went back to her cooking. 

“Okay.” but before he left he placed a quick but sweet kiss on her cheek. 

Jiyong is puzzled. Is she mad or not? She seems okay. But her answers are very short.

Aigoo… was I wrong in confessing like that? I did tell her that I think it’s time.

Once they are settled they began eating their delicious dinner.

“You know Oppa I had a very weird day today.” 

Oh no, is she going to yell at me now?

“Huh? Why is that?” 

“Well, everyone that I met today said ‘I’m very happy for you’, ‘Congratulations’, and ‘You guys are so brave!’. I don’t understand why they are saying that to me. Even the stylists and coordi unnies! I’m so confused. I didn’t think we won an award… do you know what’s going on?”

SHE DOESN’T KNOW ANYTHING? I just freaking confessed the biggest news of the year and my girlfriend does not know anything?!

“You seriously don’t know anything? You haven’t even heard the news? Or receive calls or texts from your friends or from your members?!”

“Uh, no. My phone battery died and I left the charger here at home. I’m charging it now that’s why it’s still turned off. I’m sorry I couldn’t check on you the whole day.” She answered innocently. 

“YOU FORGOT TO CHARGE YOUR PHONE!?”

Chaerin was surprised. Jiyong never shouted at her, even when he’s really mad. This time it looked like he is mad but it’s more like he’s very surprised and worried. What’s going on?

“Oppa don’t shout at me! I’m sorry okay!” 

“I’m sorry. I’m not shouting at you. I’m just really surprised. Usually your phone won’t even leave your hand and you choose a really bad timing to forget to charge it. And you obviously didn’t watch my show—“

By now Jiyong was already pacing back and forth in front of her, busy with his ranting. And Chaerin was getting really worried about his reaction. What is he trying to say?

“Oppa I’m sorry I—“

“No! I can’t believe this! Your promise you’ll watch and monitor all my TV show appearances, and now you don’t even know what’s happening. And here I was very nervous to come home—“

“Oppa, why what’s wrong?”

“— And you didn’t even know what was happening? I was nervous and yet happy that finally! Finally we got to say it! We opened up and now it’s like this! Aigoo! I should have not done that! Oh no—“

She could not understand anything so she too got up from the table and walked to him. 

“Oppa!” She tried to shake him by his arms, “Oppa, Why are you being so angry?”

Jiyong just looked at her then checked his watch, “It’s 7:30. Watch the news. YG just announced 2ne1’s disbandment.”

“WHAT!? WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?” 

With that, Jiyong angrily (well he’s trying to look and sound angry but in truth he’s just nervous) went to their room and Chaerin immediately ran to their living room to open the TV.

---

“And for tonight’s Celebrity News, We just had our biggest confessions of the year. Probably, this will be the biggest celebrity confession for a while. We are talking about G-Dragon’s confession from last night’s Strong Heart episode. I’m sorry ladies but it looks like G-Dragon is out of the market. And who is this special girl that caught his One of a Kind heart? It’s 2ne1’s Leader, Seoul’s Baddest female, CL! Here’s a clip from last night’s Strong Heart episode."

“WOWOW! This is something big! For the past years whenever you are involved in a scandal you always deny it. Whether you’re with a model, an actress or a beauty queen, you always dismiss the scandal and say that she is just a friend! I wonder what does this girl have or do to have you G-Dragon as a boyfriend?”  Hodong started.

“Yes, that is true.” Seunggi continued. “We really want to know. Who is this wonderful woman that you are talking about?”

“Lee Chaerin, also known as CL. 2NE1’s Leader. My One and Only Baddest Female.”

“CL? WOW! THIS IS HUGE!” 

“What? It’s CL noona? But I really like her!”

“You guys look good together!”

“She’s a lucky girl!”

“No, I think I’m the one who’s lucky. I found the most wonderful person to love and who loves me back.”

Lee Seunggi and Kang Hodong were both listening intently, “That is really sweet G-Dragon-ssi.”

“Would you like to say something about her?” Seunggi asked.

“Yes.” Jiyong nodded shyly.

“Oh! I’m going to sit in front. I need to watch this from the front. This will really be a sweet one coming from a great composer!” a comedian from the back row called out.

“Me too!”

And so, all the ones from the back went to wide space in front of Jiyong while some of the guests moved closer to his seat. This is the first time that this happened!

“Aigoo, this is really making me shy…” Jiyong adjusted his clothes and continued, “I really tried not to like her, not to fall for her. But it was really hard. As I spent time with her, in the studios or during practices, I learned that we shared the same interests. We have a same way of doing things. I know it just looks like we’re really alike or we act like we’re siblings. People say that opposites attract and we’re like the opposite of opposite,” he let out a laugh because of his silly words, “It is silly right? But that’s how I knew how much she completes me. I know that she will understand me. I know that because we feel the same way. I know we are definitely in love, and we intend to stay that way. I know this is a surprise for our fans and followers. And I know that not everyone will accept us. But I love her. And she loves me. Don’t worry VIPs, BlackJacks we’ll take care of each other. Please continue on supporting us.” 

With that Kwon Jiyong stood up from his seat and made a 90 degree bow to everyone.

The crowd, albeit teary eyed, stood up to clap for him and to congratulate him.


“That was a really sweet confession! And G-Dragon was declared to have the strongest heart that night! Congratulation G-Dragon-ssi and CL-ssi! We wish you all the best! And that is all for tonight, stay tuned to E-news! See you tomorrow night!”

---

Chaerin was close to tears when the news ended.

She didn’t even know. And she feels bad that she acted that way.

Aigoo. This Oppa is just too unpredictable.

And right on time, Jiyong comes out of the room, hiding something on his back. 

“Have you watched it? What do you plan to do after your disbandment?” he said while he raised his eyebrow. 

“You are such a pabo Oppa!” Chaerin ran to him and wrapped her arms around his neck to hug him tight. “But you are the sweetest,” she whispered to him before pulling back to give him a sweet kiss on the lips.

Jiyong holds her waist with his left arm and hands her a gift with his right hand.

“Here, this is for you.”

The gift was wrapped with a Rilakkuma designed wrapper and a ribbon. When she opened it, inside the Rilakumma box was a Chrome Hearts bracelet.

“I had this customized for you. Seeing how much of a Chrome Hearts fan you are, I asked them to make a special pair for us. See?” He shows her his left wrist.

Chaerin looked at the gift and looked up to him, now she’s the one with a silly grin on her beautiful face.

“Thank you Oppa. Can you help me put it on?” 

He put it on her and said, “Happy First Anniversary Chaerin. You are one of the best things that has ever happened in my life. And what I said in the show is true, I’m really lucky to have you.” 

Chaerin hugged him again. “I have the sweetest boyfriend in the world!” and gave him deep kiss, “I am very lucky to have you too Oppa. I love you.”

“I love you too.”

After some more hugging and some more kissing, they continued with their unfinished dinner.

“Uhm, Oppa…”

Jiyong wiped some sauce from the side of her lips with his thumb, “Hmm?”, and went back to eating his food.

“What about Sajangnim?”

Jiyong suddenly let go of his utensils, "Oops. I totally forgot about him."

“YAH!”

Now it’s his turn to give sheepish smile, he just laughed and said, “We'll deal with that later.”

---


A/N: Aaaah, it's been a while. Smile-Gene and Tin