13.

Amor et Magicam (Love and Magic)
Please log in to read the full chapter

This is totally driving me nuts.

What is really going on here?

Seriously, as much as I want to get a good grasp on things, I can’t for what’s happening right now is beyond my capacity to think and understand. I’m surrounded with every weird things possible but this is weirder.

“Are you sure you’re not talking to me?” I asked him after a while.

He looked at me strangely “No”

All I can do is stare while trying to connect myself to him. It’s so odd coz when I heard him I’m not connected to him at all (I gave up coz I’ve been trying since this morning and failed).

“Are you alright?” he asked worriedly “You suddenly turned pale”

Snapping back to my senses, I shook my head and forced a smile “I’m good….don’t worry about it…uhmmm…” I swallowed hard then gasped for air (thinking is really stressing me out).

“Can I go home already? Believe me…I still want to stay and bond with the whole team but…I suddenly don’t feel well”

He looks doubly worried after hearing what I just said and touched my forehead to check if I’m having a fever.

“I’m going to get your things inside then drive you home…wait here” he stood up and was about to walk back to the restaurant already when I grabbed his hand.

My body reacted so strangely the moment my hand touches his. I felt my body tingled which rarely happens.

For goodness sake! I just held his hand, why does it seem a big deal?

He looked at me then at our hands. From my tight hold, I loosened it but when I was about to release it already, he held mine tightly and stared straight into my eyes.

Now it’s more than being tingly all over, I felt “electricity” from my head to foot. This is insane.

With my face feeling so hot, I faked a smile and removed my hand from his which he let go easily. From being comfortable to total awkwardness, this is not good. I really have to leave already.

“You don’t need to drive me home…I can manage” I said without looking at him.

He sighed “Just wait here” then walked back to the restaurant.

He showed up after a few minutes with my things in hand.

“Come on” he said but I didn’t move an inch.

I know that it’s rude to turn down someone who just wants to make sure you’ll make it home safely and is worrying about you but I really don’t think that I can last long with him around. As a matter of fact, I don’t even know if I can still work for him.

“Sophia” he walked towards me then crouched in front “Do you think I can just let you go home by yourself knowing that you’re not feeling well? Please….come with me now and I’ll get you home in no time”

His eyes and his voice can make me bend no matter how I want to stand firm in my decision of not giving in to him. I don’t want to do anything with him for I know that if this goes on, things might screw up and if that happens, it’s not just me who’s going to be in trouble but him as well.

None of us are talking while on the way to the apartment. His humming became music in the journey while looking out the window with a blank mind.

“We’re here” he said and pulled up in front of the building.

I unbuckled my seatbelt then smiled awkwardly at him “Thanks for the ride…I’m going now…drive safely”

He smiled then nod “I will…rest well and if you’re still not feeling well tomorrow…don’t push yourself to work...alright?”

How thoughtful.

“Don’t worry about me….I’ll be fine by tomorrow…see you” I said then slide out.

Walking straight without even looking back, I recalled all that I heard from him and from the way it looks I can tell that even he himself can’t understand why he’s “drawn” to me.

If only I can tell him that I have the possible answers to his questions.

“SURPRISE!” Cousin Sun almost gave me a heart attack when she popped out the moment I opened the door.

“Gosh!” I exclaimed with my hand on my chest “What are you doing here?”

She let me in and I plopped myself on the couch “I tripped on visiting….so here I am….anyway…how was it?” she asked.

I buried my face on the leather throw pillow “AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

“Golly!” Cousin Sun said in shock “What the heck!”

“Something happened that is driving you completely nuts right now” I heard Ava said and felt her jump on my .

In her cat form, she sat comfortably on my while I gather my thoughts up to be able to tell them everything that happened to me today.

“Spit it out now” Ava said after a while “Keeping it in will just make you crazier”

“I can’t understand…what is happening here?” Cousin Sun who doesn’t know a thing about these craziness, said.

I shook my , making Ava lose her balance and fall on the floor “OUCH!” she shrieked.

I sat up then sighed heavily “I’m in bad need of help”

“Oh please…don’t tell me that you used your powers carelessly” Cousin Sun said and I shook my head.

Telling the whole story from the beginning to the latest to someone whose comprehension is not that fast is hard but I was able to make my cousin understand everything that made her crazy as well coz like me, not in her wildest dreams have she seen me being in this situation.

“So…this…” she said with her index finger going round and round “has happened to a goddess before”

I sighed then nod “Yeah”

“Ok” she took a deep breath then exhaled heavily “You see…I don’t think there’s something to worry about here”

“Why is that?” Ava asked curiously.

“Yeah…why is that when it’s so obvious that what I’m destined for is going to screw me up?” I asked.

She sighed then chuckle “Guys! You said it yourself…human-witch binding is a

Please log in to read the full chapter