Love Rain

Love Rain

 

After a long day of activities and games, it’s finally the time for us to go home. Don’t get me wrong, this day was great and I enjoyed everything we did, but I really want to lay down on my bed right now and sleep.

 

We were supposed to eat our snacks before going but it started to rain so the organizers of this Team Building told us that we should just eat in the bus. They’re worried that if it rained harder, it would be difficult for the buses to travel. The staffs distributed the foods and we, the students, started walking towards the buses. I approached Hayoung and told her that we can share my umbrella but she told me that she’ll walk with Yookyung. I asked the others the same thing but their answers are all the same; they’re walking with someone. It’s okay, I don’t really mind walking alone.

 

I looked around the place while walking and I really loved the scenery. The trees, the plants, everything is green and beautiful. I will definitely draw this later!

 

I continued looking around, then I noticed a presence beside me. I looked at my right side and I saw a guy walking without an umbrella. "Excuse me, if you want, we can share this umbrella." I said then gave him a timid smile. I’m not really the type who talks to strangers and offers them to share with my umbrella, but this guy is not a total stranger since we go to the same university.

 

The guy looked at me and smiled. “Sure. Thank you. Here, let me hold it.” He stood beside me and I handed him the handle of the umbrella. 

 

We walked side by side without a word.  Everything was okay until Chorong unnie, who was walking with Bomi unnie in front of me and the guy beside me, turned around and saw me walking with someone. She grinned and tapped Bomi unnie’s shoulder. Oh no! Not Bomi unnie!

 

Bomi unnie looked at Chorong unnie and asked her what’s wrong. The latter pointed at us- me and the guy beside me- and Bomi unnie’s eyes almost popped out. “Naeun-ah! Who’s that?” She asked while pointing to the guy beside me. I covered my face with my hands. Ugh! Unnie is so embarassing!

 

"Unnie! Just.. Ugh! Nevermind." Oh, gosh. This is really embarassing.

 

"Naeun-ah! Who is that?" Bomi unnie asked again and thank God, Chorong unnie dragged her.

 

"I’m sorry about that." I mumbled and I heard him chuckle. I am so gonna strangle Bomi unnie later. 

 

I almost believed that they’re done embarassing me, then I looked at them again and Chorong unnie winked at me. Oh god. Who am I kidding? This is far from over. They won't stop asking questions about this guy later. 

 

The others- Eunji unnie, Hayoung, Yookyung, and Namjoo- who are walking behind me, noticed the guy walking beside me.

 

"Naeun unnie? Who is he?" I heard Namjoo asked but I didn’t dare look back and answer her. Because actually, I don’t know how to answer the question. "Uh, excuse me? Uhm. Can you turn around so we can see your face." I know that she was talking to the guy beside me ‘cause there are no other students walking here. And I think the guy beside me sensed that Namjoo was talking to him, so he turned around and faced them.

 

"Hmmm?"

 

Then I heard them giggling. Gosh. Can this get any worse?! I kept calm. I need to keep calm. I’ll just let this girls pay later.

 

"Unnie, he is really good-looking and very close to your type!" Namjoo exclaimed.

 

Can someone please stop this girl’s mouth?! “Namjoo-ah.” I turned around and glared at her. She covered her mouth with her hand and giggled.

 

We continued walking and when I thought that they stopped bullying me, Hayoung spoke. “You know, Naeun unnie is really nice. She takes care of her dongsaeng and unnies.”

 

"Hayoung-ah. Stop it."  

 

"Really?" The guys beside me asked and I could almost hear him smiling. I covered my face with my hands once again.

 

"Yes, and she’s really smart. She’s one of the smartest student in their department." Eunji unnie added. I really want to disappear right now. Why are they doing this to me?  

 

"She’s also a very good artist. You should see her drawings, they are really good." Namjoo who couldn’t keep her mouth shut, added. Tsk. Fine. I’ll just let them do whatever they want. I’ll just let them enjoy embarassing me.

 

"Hey, stop it." I heard Yookyung say and I almsot jumped in joy. Finally! Someone’s taking my side! I looked back at her with a big grin on my face. But the grin on my face disappeared when I heard her say, "We’re disturbing their time together. We better leave them alone." And with that, the girls ran passed us while laughing. Aish.

 

And for the second time, I apologized to him. “I’m really, really sorry about that.” So this is what I get after being nice and offering someone to share with my umbrella.

 

After a few minutes, the guy beside me started asking questions.

 

"What program are you taking up?"

 

"Architecture. And you?"

 

"Photography."

 

"Really? Wow. That’s nice!" I really admire photographers and how they are able to capture beautiful pictures.

 

"Is it? Uh, what year are you?’

 

"I’m in my third year. And you?"

 

"I’m in my last year." He answered then smiled at me, I smiled back. I don’t usually get comfortable with a person I just met but this guy is an exception. We talked about trivial things until we reached the busses. “Thank you, miss.” He smiled at me and got on bus #1. 

 

I got on bus #2 and just like what I expected, the girls are waiting for me to spill the beans. I sat beside Chorong unnie and the interrogation began.

 

"Who is he?"

 

"How did you meet him?"

 

"Are you dating already?"

 

"How long have you known him?"

 

"How long have you been dating?"

 

"Stop! What are you guys saying? We are not dating. This is the first time that I’ve seen him." I told them everything. Everything. Starting from the moment that I saw him then the things that we talked about. They were so excited though there’s no reason to be excited. I don’t really get them sometimes. Sigh.

 

"So, what’s his name?" Eunji unnie asked. Right, his name. I didn’t ask that one. But hey, it’ll be awkward if I asked him that since he didn’t ask mine.

 

"I don’t know." I answered.

 

"Eyyyyy!" They frowned at me and told me that I should’ve asked him. Huh, like I’d do that. But I would really like to know what his name is.

 

                                  ~*~

 

A few weeks has passed since the Team Building and I haven’t seen the guy in school. It feels weird ‘cause whenever I’m walking in the hallway, I look around- which I rarely do- to check if he’s around. Sigh. Why am I even looking for him?

 

It’s a rainy afternoon and I am just pure unlucky because I left my umbrella in my room. Great. How am I going to go home now? I stayed at a waiting shed while waiting for the rain to stop. I was watching the raindrops then someone stood next to me. 

 

I looked at the person beside me and I saw a guy opening his umbrella. “If you want, we can share this umbrella.” The guy faced me and smiled. Wait, why does this feel so fami- Oh! It was that guy last time!

 

"So?" He cocked his head and he chuckled.

 

And for some reason, I found myself smiling back at him. “Sure.”

 

"By the way, my name is Myungsoo. I forgot to introduce myself last time." He offered his hand and I shook it.

 

"I’m Naeun." I smiled at him again.

 

"So, let’s go?"

 

I nodded then the two of us walked side by side under the umbrella for the second time, under the rain.