- 1

Unnatural Secrets

BOOM! BOOM! The ear-splitting sounds of thunders roared through the night sky. Lightning was flashing every now and then and the sound of the rain pit-pattering on my windows woke me. Something definitely felt wrong. The floors creaked as If someone was walking on them, but I was living with my best friend. My best friend was sleeping soundly next to me. Having the urge, I sat up on my bed looking down on the floor in front of my bed frame.

“OH MY GOD DUDE WAKE UP” I screamed while vigorously shaking my best friend. There were two huge feet sticking out under my bed, with grey/black hair growing out of them completely covering the creature’s skin. I was still shaking Sunni, the sleeping beauty beside me who decided to not wake up at a time like this. She didn’t even budge one bit! Shaking harder than before, the feet under my bed started moving its toes! Deciding that sleeping beauty Sunni was never going to wake up; I crawled back under my blanket only exposing my head waiting for whatever it is to happen. Something or someone started scratching the bottom of my bed, its fingernails making the horrid sound. The footsteps got closer and the creaking of the floors got heavier. Looking out the window beside you, the full moon was shining brightly.

“Please… Please let me be safe” You silently prayed.

“GRRRRRRRAAAAAA”

Turning your head you found your wide awake best friend and the door being slammed opened. A pack of wolves just rushed in and surrounded the both of you. You were suddenly being lifted up and from under your bed another wolf emerged. Too shocked to say anything, you just stared at them in awe. They all had the same colored fur and red eyes; the only thing that told them apart was the signs on their paws and forehead. The one that emerged from your bed had a flying dragon sign while the one beside him had a fire sign. The rest had signs on their foreheads that you couldn’t tell what they were.

  In just a second, you and your best friend found yourselves in the woods. You recognized the place as somewhere deep in the woods. The house was beautifully decorated, almost as beautiful as Hogwarts you could say. You both were in ‘Guestroom #1’ as labeled behind the door. There were only two beds that were joined together and you both laid there just like how you did at home. The same positions before you teleported. Then there came the slamming of the door once again, barging in were 6 humans and 6 wolves. Each had different signs on their foreheads while the humans only had the signs on the top of their hands. The 6 wolves transformed to humans too.  But the only thing that was missing was Sunni, she was suddenly gone and in the hands of one of those boys. You counted mentally and there were twelve boys, the one in the middle had held Sunni by her neck.

“One. Two. Three. WE ARE ONE. Hi we are EXO.”

All of them spoke in unison while bowing. Your first language was English so you understood them perfectly, but due to you and Sunni’s dreams to become an idol and wanting to open a café in Seoul, you two have been staying in Seoul for the past 4 years.

 “Annyeonghasaeyo Sehun imnida. This is Luhan, Suho, Kris, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Xiumin, Chen, Kai, D.O, Tao and Lay. “

The guy with rainbow hair that stood next to you introduced his friends one by one.  As he pointed to them one by one, they bowed when being introduced.

“I’m sorry but why are you holding my best friend in that manner?” You could tell Sunni was starting to have a hard time to breathe and her neck was sure to leave a handprint later on.

“She’s not natural” Kris, the one who held Sunni replied. “Erm, I’m pretty sure she is. We’re both humans, but you guys are … you guys are wolves!” You defended.

“What a bad friend you are Sunni! Don’t tell me she doesn’t know? “Sehun interfered. “Tell me what? I have no idea what you’re talking about and I’m totally lost here!” All of them chuckled and stared at you in disbelief. “While if you already didn’t know, she’s unnatural. How you may ask? She’s a vampire. “Kris replied. You don’t know what was it, but something about his voice and his eyes made you really attracted to him. Like he was totally y. ‘DAMN this isn’t the time to think about this stuff! What’s up with my hormones gosh.’

“I know you can’t resist my voice and my iness but it’s no joke, she’s a vampire. How bad has she been? Keeping this secret from you since she found out … Nine years ago?” ‘WAIT WHAT?! Did he just read my mind-‘“Yes I just did” ‘and nine years ago?! That was the beginning of our friendship!’ You thought as you stared at Sunni mouth slightly agape. “I’m sorry I never told you! I thought if I ever told you you would think I was scary and never be my friend again! I’m so sorry!” Sunni yelled back while trying to fight for her breath.

“Vampires are unnatural. They are our enemies. Werewolves and vampires don’t mix well. There was a legend of our ancestors. They fought against werewolves for peace since they were damaging our land and the Vampires won over the werewolves. There was never peace between werewolves and vampires since then.” Lay explained in fluent Chinese, which Sunni and you both understood perfectly as well.

  “Wait so … How did you read my mind?!” You asked while looking at each of them. “Werewolves have the power of reading minds. Oh and I know you’re wondering about these logos we have on our hands too. They’re signs that differentiate us individually. It’s our strength. For example, my sign is something like illuminati. But it’s not. My power stands for teleportation, and that’s how you two ended up here. “Kai explained.

 “But… why are we even here? KIDNAPPED!? “You half yelled at the werewolves, “We were supposed to live our dreams! We’re both trainees at YG Ent. ! AND debuting in a month! What about our Café? And the fact that its full moon tonight and you guys are all wolves and Sunni is a vampire! Are y’all going to eat me or something? I’m not on the menu tonight okay! I have school tomorrow and my parents are waiting to see me debut in a month’s time! My members are training hard and….” You just couldn’t continue and started sobbing violently. Your dream, your future, were they going to be shattered just in a second after you trained so hard to live them? 

“Hey hey! Calm down! We’re not going to eat anyone for dinner okay?! We’re werewolves not cannibals! “As soon as Kris said that, he released Sunni and you proceeded to sigh in relief. “Come with us now, dinner is served.” Xiumin announced and slowly the guys started filing out of the room one by one. Sunni’s fangs appeared and she suddenly gained strength, looking at you right in the eye.  She smiled slightly and walked out of the room too. It was just you and Kris in the room; you climbed out of the bed and walked out of the room too, letting the y wolf tail behind you. You were all led to a big room. The interior had a gigantic chandelier that lit the entire room, the table was a long rectangular white table with white cloth on it and several candle stands along it. The chairs had tall back-supporters which reached over your head. Dinner was served. There was steak, lots of meat and pork. No vegetable or healthy thing was in sight, everything was meat. There was really nothing you could eat since you were on a diet. But surprisingly, you were served a plate of steak topped with baked beans and cabbage as vegetables. Then came Kris, he stood behind you and tucked a napkin on the front of your shirt. “I knew you’d be on a diet, considering the amount of fats you have in your body right now. Enjoy your meal, bon appétit.” He said before returning to his seat beside you and transforming into a wolf once again. ‘Jerk.’ You thought to yourself, earning a glare from everyone at the table.  “I’m so sorry bon appétit everyone!” and the feast began. The wolves began digging into their meals, it was so messy! Bones were thrown everywhere and sauce was splashing onto your clothes thanks to the monster beside you. Sunni was eating as per normal, with a knife and a fork slicing the steak. You started eating too but as soon as you ate a piece of steak, everyone was done! They were starring at you and anticipating at what was your next action. Food was then served again, the same one they ate just now. And yet again, they started digging in.

  You were soon done with your food as well, and feeling a little thirsty you asked. “Can I have some water please?” A servant placed an empty glass in front of you, and came Suho.  He rushed to your side and the logo on his paws and forehead lit up. Wondering what it was you just kept starring at the wolf beside you. After about five seconds or so, he regained his normal self and gave you a growl before returning to his seat. Turning back to your glass, your jaws dropped apart. Your empty glass now was filled with red liquid. You then stared at everyone at the table with a disturbing look on your face, “What –“you were being cut off by Kris. “Its fruit punch not some damn blood. We’re werewolves and vampires don’t spit out blood they take in!” Tasting it, he was right. It wasn’t some kind of human blood, there was no copper or coin taste but it tasted sweet. Too sweet for your liking actually.  “Erm guys? You haven’t answered my question though… Why am I here? I mean I get that Sunni is a vampire as well but why are WE here?”

“Oh god how lost is this soul?!” yelled Chen suddenly. “Well I don’t know what you’ve been doing your entire life but you’re a fairy. No, not those scary looking fairies but you’re the kind fairy! Your mother was the queen of Apagenia (pronounced a-pah-ge-neah). Apagenia is the capital of Rasclemaz (pronounced ras-cleh-mah-z) but your mother’s sister, Queen Krystal wanted the land for herself. Apagenia was ruled by Queen Hana, your mother and her sister, Queen Krystal. But for her own selfish ways, Queen Krystal locked your mother up in a dungeon. She’s been locked up for over two hundred years. The Vampires are the army for Queen Krystal while the werewolves are the army for Queen Hana. EXO was sent by Queen Hana, she secretly sent out a letter to us wolves. And that’s why you are here; apparently you are the only one who can free her. We have to go over to Apagenia and start making the place shine! You’re a fairy that’s filled with the power of everything since your mother is Queen Hana. You can do anything so you’re supposed to do everything! Plant flowers; bring smiles and laughter back to the faces of the netizens there and just do anything you can to bright up the capital!” Baekhyun and Chanyeol both explained. It’s like they were twins, completing the sentence for each other.

“But… My parents are still in Canada! My Dad’s currently in LA for a business trip!” you cried out not believing whatever the two guys just said.

“Look kid, after your Mother’s been in the dungeon you were being thrown out by her sister. Apparently she drank red wine which is poisonous to us all and she became evil! You were thrown into an orphanage and your so called “parents” in Canada right now are you parents that adopted you. You have wolf brothers because your Dad is a werewolf. For a fairy to marry a werewolf, it’s forbidden. Well at least that’s what the legend says, but now it’s legal. You have two brothers, Hyunsik and Kim Kibum or better known as Key. Meanwhile, they’re waiting for you in Rasclemaz. So if you’re done with your meal Tammy, we’ll be on our way to Rasclemaz, Apagenia.” After the word ‘Apagenia’ left D.O’s mouth, Tao whistled and eight dragons were peeping through the windows starring at all 14 of you. “WAIT! Before we do anything, how do you guys know my name?!” Sehun scoffed before explaining, “How did you think we know? We were sent by your mother how could we not know?!”  Then in a flash you guys were teleported and standing in front of the eight dragons. “Damn, can’t you give us a warning before you do that each time? I feel like I have no clothes on while teleporting, gosh.” Sunni said while straightening her Pikachu PJs. Rolling his eyes, Kai assigned us in twos and threes to a dragon each. Kai and D.O were taking the red dragon, Baekyeol to the black dragon, Xiumin and Chen to the purple one, Luhan to another black one, Sehun to a grey one, Suho and Sunni to another purple one, Lay and Tao to a green one and finally, You and Kris to a completely black dragon with only a few turquoise and lavender stripes on its wings. Then they all took off leaving you screaming for your life. One thing for sure, you were afraid of heights. Heck, very afraid. Looking down the second level of a shopping mall already felt like you were halfway up to Mount. Everest!

  Kris was the one controlling the dragon, left with no choice your arms naturally wrapped around his waist when the dragon took off. It was lucky he was sitting at the front, or you would’ve seen his tomato red blushing face. “So…. Where did all of these dragons come from Kris? “You asked, breaking the ice. “They’re all mine. I have twelve in total. The other four are working with your brothers at Apagenia. I have the power of a flying dragon, that’s why they were given to me by your mother. I don’t know why the rest didn’t have animals though; they only had their powers as a gift. See the logos on the dragon’s wings and foreheads? “You turned and noticed they had signs on their wings too. “That’s how we identify them too. This one is my dragon as you can see; it has the same sign as I do. The rest of the dragons each have a sign that is the same as one of the EXO members too. I gave them the dragon since I couldn’t handle 12 dragons on my own.”  He said while turning back once in awhile to look at you.

  It was about three hours into the flight and you felt your eyelids starting to droop. Hugging onto Kris tighter, your head was rested against his broad shoulders and you fell asleep. Feeling a heavy weight on his shoulders, Kris turned his head to find you sleeping. “Goodnight sweetheart” he said softly, while smiling and soaring high into the sky with the other dragons on the way to Rasclemaz.

 

   “Hey, wakey wakey sleepy head” You heard Kris mumble as he shrugged his shoulders, hitting your head in the process. Groaning, you slowly opened your eyes. Taking out your phone, it read 3.40p.m. “Don’t bother with your phone’s timing; Rasclemaz’s clock is 8 hours faster than the timing in Korea. So it’s basically 11.40 p.m. right now, deal with the jet-lag. “He simply stated. Flabbergasted and knowing he can read minds, you thought ‘so much for being a jerk’. Smirking he replied, “Its bad enough I have to deal with a newbie.”

“I don’t know what’s worse Kris, being on a dragon high up in the sky or being stuck with you for the rest of the night.”

  “You know fatty, maybe you could start calling us oppas instead of just our names. You do realize we’re all older than you, even Sehun. “

  “I and Sehun are both 19, he’s just born two months earlier than me!” You defended, clearly offended of how he addressed you and thinking you were really young.

  “Hold on, we’re about to land in Apagenia and I wouldn’t want Flames to be lopsided due to your weight.” He announced while you guys were already nearing the ground. There were not many people walking in the streets of Apagenia since it was almost twelve midnight.

“Flames... is that your dragon’s name?” You asked while he simply nodded. ‘Cheesy’ you thought. Walking on the dragon’s right wing, you jumped slightly but missed your step. You closed your eyes waiting for the impact to come but it never came, opening your eyes slowly you found yourself on top of a wolf that didn’t have any signs on his paws not forehead. Letting you down safely, two wolves stood in front of you and bowed, while EXO transformed to be wolves again and instead, bowed to the two wolves in front of you. The grey wolf in front of you started introducing himself first, transforming back to a human form in order to talk to you.

“Hey, you must be Tammy. I’m Hyunsik and this is Key.” He said while pointing to the red wolf beside him. “His fur is red simply because our mother has given him a potion to drink when he was young. That potion will help him in battles, fights, hunger, anger and some super-natural powers. He looks really angry but he’s totally kind because of the potion he drank. He has some anger management problem sometimes but it’s not much of a deal. Shall we get to work?” you smiled while the whole pack just stared at you with their red bloodshot eyes. “You’re supposed to get on one of them. Choose sweetheart.” Sunni whispered into your ear. Looking around, you decided to get on Kris while Sunni got on Kai. Kris was the most reliable as you rode with him on a dragon, without falling and was asleep throughout ¾ of the ride. He growled after you got on him, signaling to the rest as they started to run through the gates of Apagenia.

  There were about nine guards at the gate of Apagenia with different weapons in hand. There was also a sign that read ‘Only werewolves, wizards and fairies allowed.’  Wizards? Well no one mentioned anything about wizards! There were lots of interesting things in Apagenia surprisingly. So many stores with beautiful clothes, shoes and bags! ‘I should do some shopping here sometime!’ you thought while smiling. You passed by the mayor’s house, town and also streets where people were living. You noticed each time you passed by a store or a house, people would wake up and be at their windows or doors cheering. You only saw fairies and wizards waving and cheering, but no werewolves. Deciding to keep the question for later, you smiled as you saw the smiles of people. ‘Bring smiles and laughter back to the faces of the netizens there.' 

Chanyeol’s words came ringing into your head. Does this mean that they were always solemn and glum before I arrived? Stupid Tammy, of course! If not, why would Chanyeol even mention that?! Knowing that Kris read your mind, he growled for you to look up. And when you did, you were already entering the gates of Apagenia’s palace. You noticed that the flowers and trees that were planted in Apagenia were all rotted and black. The flowers all curved downwards, as if they are sad too.

The castle was creepy, family portraits of the royal family were hung all over the walls. The castle was glum and had not much of a color to it, and that’s when you saw it. A single portrait of you and Queen Hana, you were in the arms of your mother looking all young. ‘Queen Hana and her 3 months old daughter, Minzy.’ Was what it wrote.

Sunni came beside you and explained “Your real name is Minzy though, Tammy was just a name given by your foster parents.” The next portrait took you both by surprise. It was a profile of you with every single detail about you. Your birth date, your foster parents, best friend, etc.

“Sunni I think Queen Krystal is a stalker or some sort. So creepy oh my god.” Laughing lightly at your comment, you guys reached an icy cold room. There in the middle sat a woman dressed in a thick coat, her throne was not really grand at all. Her cloak reached the ground, there was a beautiful crown resting on the crown of her head while a pretty tiara was on a red fluffy pillow beside her. Apagenia’s castle was not as royal as you would expect it to be. No gold tiles or expensive things. It was somehow similar to the house you were in before you came to Rasclemaz. Setting you down, you walked to the front of her throne with Hyunsik and Key. She was about 5’9 when she stood in front of you. “Are you cold? I should turn the heater up higher right? Urgh I don’t know why it’s so cold when it’s only fall!” She said while getting up and rushing over to the heater to turn up the heat.

“Ahh! EXO is here I see. How are you?” She asked while EXO bowed to her in response. EXO was being fed some food and they were at the back of the room, feasting while you talked to her. She wasn’t as mean as you thought she was, but more of funny. “Oh! Those bedroom slippers! They’re so beautiful and cute! Haha! Oh yes, and I forgot. Who are you?” She asked while starring at your Stitch bedroom slippers. “She’s our sister, Minzy.” Key and Hyunsik both responded.

  Immediately, her friendly eyes became strawberry red and she was glaring at you. “I heard a lot about you. “She said coldly and continued, “Are you here to bring Apagenia and Rasclemaz back to life? Well we already have a life. So I wonder, what are you doing here?” Trying to sound as brave as you can, you answered her “Well, I’m going to bring this city back to its real life. I’m going to bring smiles to people’s faces, I’m going to make the flowers full of colors and bloom once again, I’ll bring color back to this city. Like how it was before you took over. “Completely ignoring you, she asked you a question once again.

“I won’t banish you from this land but I hope you know whatever you’re doing is risking your life. Against your own will, would you like to see your Mother?"

Knowing your answer, she walked out the room with four guards behind her. Your brothers, EXO and you trailed along. All of you were led down a never ending staircase, into a basement and through an indoor aquarium.  The aquarium consisted of small fishes, dolphins and killer whales. Luckily there weren’t any sharks or you’d be scared to life! All of you had to take a gigantic lift that was located inside the aquarium, with transparent glass. You could clearly see the black and white whale swimming beside you following you up.

Ding.

The lift signaled that you reached. Stepping out, the atmosphere wasn’t right. It was completely dark, there were only guards against the walls and between their heads was a torch. You had to walk to the end of the hallway with EXO and your brothers along with Queen Krystal. It took forever to get there! Reaching the last dungeon, you could clearly see your Mother through the glass with a crystal ball. The walls all around her was glass too, exposing the aquarium to her. “That’s her.” Spoke Queen Krystal.

“She was here for over two hundred years. That crystal ball helps her to see if anyone is in trouble, and if someone is, she will send either wizards or werewolves to help that person. Food is served to her thrice a day, so don’t you worry about her health. I knew she wanted to send a letter to you guys, so I let her. It will be against her own risk anyways. If you all fail, she’ll be trapped in that dungeon for as long as I live. For all you know, I’m a Vampire. I became one after drinking that red wine, damn it tasted so good. But it became illegal and banished since I became like this. Vampires live up to 5000 years old, and I’m only currently 2353 years old. 24 years old in human age. Best of luck to all of you.” She smirked before leaving you and EXO along with your brothers. The glass was apparently an unbreakable glass. By using a hammer, the hammer will break instead of the glass. You could only see your mother but she wasn’t able to see you. You could see that she was really beautiful and her only entertainment was the aquarium that surrounded her.

 

  Taking that it was time to leave, the wolves bowed. Looking around, you realized Sunni was missing. Running straight towards the entrance, you found her at the door of the elevator that was located in the aquarium. She was playing with the whales and dolphins. Smiling all of you entered and left the castle planning to tour the city on your first day here. 

--

So here's my updated story! Please subscribe, comment and wait patiently for my next chapter ^^ Thank you! 

- PreciousFridayy