Nights Like These

JooNa One-Shots

HEY GUYS! This is just an idea that came into my head hahaha it will be a two shot. If the first part looks funny I apologize I am on my phone. So yeah this is very random anyways enjoy.

PLOT: Jooyeon and Nana are in a long distant relationship, and recently they have been fighting a lot. So Jooyeon decided to take a walk like she always does.

 

JOOYEON POV

On nights like these, I hate how things end, Tension. We say everything is ok. But is it really? Will it really be ok? Or will these nights grow and develop into more "nights like these”? On nights like these I wish that we could have really been together so that maybe there wouldn’t be nights like these. Maybe just maybe...these things would never happen. I choose to go on walks because I realize that I am an idiot for doing it and causing more problems when we have enough. One the distance and two the trust, we don’t need any more problems but yet they’re bound to arise, even if we don’t want it to, even if I don’t want it to. I so badly want to say “I love you.” Because I do, but it won’t fix what already happened.

            On nights like these I despise the distance. Because honestly knowing me and you, if we were actually together these things would not happen. I wouldn’t let it. But, with what we have I can’t do anything about it. All I can do is say I’m sorry. Even though I personally myself don’t like hearing it, when I met you I found myself saying it constantly. I’m sorry. Sorry that we couldn’t have fallen in love the way you probably wanted to. Accidentally bumping into each other at the coffee shop and that instant connection or being friends for a long time until one of us confesses. I’m sorry we had to fall in love this way. I’m sorry.

            Why do we even have to have nights like these? I looked at the moon as if it would answer me. Tears started to fog my vision.

Don’t we have it hard enough? So why do these problems and things happen. I wish they didn’t. I wish that I didn’t cause some of them but sometimes thing just happen and by the time we’re in that atmosphere full of tension and sighs and uncertainty, all I wish is to take it back and say I love you, forever and always. But that’s not enough. Not for you. You’re perfect. At least to me you are. And how do I see myself? Like I never deserved you…

I sighed as I stared at the moon waiting for an answer. “Answer me. Please…”

I look at my phone as I see her smiling in the picture I set as my lock screen realizing that she’s probably frowning now and it’s all because of me. Someone like her doesn’t deserve to ever frown. I chuckle to myself remembering all our good times. Even though we argue and fight. I still can’t help but smile to myself at how far we made it. Long distance relationships are hard and we’re doing ok. At least I thought we were…if it weren’t for the nights like these.

NANA POV

JOOYEON:
Sorry. But I think I'll go for a walk tonight. Its not late yet so.

NANA:
Sigh... I'd stop you but you won't listen to me anyways...

JOOYEON:
Guess it wasn't the night for us. Goodnight...

NANA:
Just be safe then. Goodnight whenever you sleep, I guess.

 

Sigh…why. Why don’t you ever just talk about it with me? Why do you run away from everything? You’re already far enough from me Jooyeon…So why?

On nights like these I feel off. Was it my fault? Did I say or do something wrong? She tells me it isn’t but I still can’t help but feel like it. Why do we have nights like these. Why does she always distance herself with me? The distance we are apart is enough so why do you back away from your problems? I just want to be happy with you. You make me happy so why don’t you see it babo?

On nights like these I don’t want to hear your apology because there’s nothing you should feel sorry for. We argued…but it just happened. Maybe one of us was off so it’s not our fault. Why are you walking when it’s so late? Are you ok? Should I make sure? But you said you wanted to go for a walk and I’ll give you your space. You won’t listen to me anyways…Every time I try to stop you, your stubborn self just does it anyways…don’t you know I just care about your safety?

Aish…why? Why do we have nights like these? Can’t we just be happy together? We usually are but when these nights come I can’t help but question things. I try to stop my over thinking but sometimes it’s out of my control. Why do I feel like you’re trying to distant yourself from me?

I look at the moon outside my window. It’s a beautiful night. Why couldn’t we have on as well? You know I really hate you distance…you, can’t you just let us be together. When Jooyeon talks about the things we’ll do I can’t help but want it too. She seems so happy about it and I am too. I want it. I want it all with her. To go on dates and star gazing, to go on camping trips, just to be with her.

I sat in front of my computer. You computer…why is all we have you to talk to each other…don’t you know we tend to misinterpret each other and that causes misunderstandings? Aish…maybe if we were really together things wouldn’t be as bad.

 

JOOYEON POV

            It’s never your fault Nana. I looked at the moon like it would deliver my message to her. I tend to be moody sometimes and I should learn to control that. I look at my phone and click our messages. I scroll through them, why didn’t I just say “I love you.” Is it so hard?

            I used my thumbs to hit the letters on my phone. “I love…” but then I sighed and deleted it. No maybe it isn’t a good time. “I’m sorry…” No I erased that too. Maybe she doesn’t want to hear it.

            Aish. Why do we have nights like these…I know it’s silly that we can’t just make up when it happens. But it’s a lot harder when you’re in a long distance relationship. Sometimes the things you say can just make it worse.

“You, watch over her for me…You’re keeping me away after all.” I talked to the moon. “Aish I’ve really gone crazy.”

            I started to walk home as I kicked a few leaves along the way. I hate ending the night like this. I hate when we argue and don’t make up. I hate that I can’t say I love you when I do…

“I love you Nana. I’m not trying to distance myself from you when all I want to do is be with you physically.”

NANA POV

“Ughhh…are you home yet??”

 I hate that I don’t know…are you safe or not…you always go on stupid night walks….why so late…Why can’t you just get air like a normal person??! Why can’t you just write me. Everything will be ok if you do…I’m not going to attack you…I’m always here for you….why can’t you just see that?!

*Beep* I look at my Message and see Jooyeon’s name highlighted as I gulp…she wrote me…what did she say…should I open it now. Should I wait…no just open it now…

Jooyeon: I just want to say I love you.

Sigh…babo. I love you too. Should I say something back or was that something you don’t want me to say anything back to?

JOOYEON POV

            I sighed as I laid onto my bed and music, sad love ballads what else haha. I listen to 4men her favorite. I believe. She listens to a lot of K-pop artist now a days so I don’t even know…

            I look at my phone one last time and looked at the face of the girl I love. “This is stupid.” I shook my head as I clicked her name.

Jooyeon: I just want to say I love you.

*SENT*

...maybe that wasn’t a good idea…but I can’t retrieve my message now….Aish….did she find it wrong that I said that when there is still tension....Aish reply to me….

*TO BE CONTINUED*