My Heart Beats Only For You

JooNa One-Shots

Jooyeon had always been madly in love with Nana, and the same goes for Nana she has always loved Jooyeon…everyone knew what they felt for each other but themselves. Jooyeon always refused to believe that someone as beautiful as Nana would ever love her. For Nana she always told herself that Jooyeon just acts that way to everybody, there are no feelings behind it.  One day when things took a turn for the worst while after school was rehearsing for their comeback. While Nana had been dancing the steps like everyone else her eyes started to get blurry, she just ignored it and kept dancing when all of a sudden her vision turned black and the next thing she knew was she can feel herself falling to the floor.

Jooyeon was the first to stop and run to her “NANA!” she yelled as she lifted her up, she hit her face with light slaps trying to wake her up. Everyone then rushed over and helped carry her to the car. After they got her in Jungah drove while Jooyeon sat in the backseat with Nana lying on her thighs. Jooyeon’s hand began to tremble while she parted Nana’s hair behind her ear, and while doing that she was saying “It’s ok…It’s ok, you’re going to be fine.” Her voice was trembling while her tears began to fall on Nana’s face. They arrived at the hospital and everyone ran inside Jooyeon put Nana onto the hospital bed and told the doctors what had happened. “Ok, well take it from here, I’m sorry we have to ask you to leave.” The doctors said as the shut the door to the emergency room leaving after school in the waiting area. Hours had past and still the doctors hadn’t come out…everyone besides Jungah and Jooyeon had fallen asleep, Jooyeon was pacing the hallway back and forth when she felt someone’s hand touch her shoulder “Jooyeon…stop…I know you’re worried but you don’t have to be Nana’s going to be fine. You need to rest.” Jungah said to try and calm the worried girl down. “I can’t Jungah Unnie, I love her…and I’m scared.”

The doors opened making Jooyeon and Jungah turn to the doctor’s direction. “How is she doctor?” Jooyeon asked trying to stop herself from shaking. “It seems like the reason Nana had fainted like that is because…it’s not going to be easy to say this but…it seems like her heart is failing.” Jooyeon’s eyes grew hearing those words. “But why?...” Jungah asked as tears started to fall down her face as well. “We didn’t know exactly why ourselves, until we looked in her medical folder and found out that when she was a baby she was born with a very weak heart, we would have to watch her over night because sometimes she would just stop breathing, we thought she was ok when she began to have normal breathing patterns, but now it seems like she’s over working herself causing too much strain to her heart. We can promise you that we will do everything we can to help her…she’s already on the waiting list for a heart transplant. She’s up in her room, we already told her everything…you can go in to see her if you’d like.”

Jungah turned to Jooyeon “I’m going to get the girls you can go in first.” But Jooyeon didn’t, instead she turned the other direction exiting the hospital. “Jooyeon! Where are you…” Jungah stopped when she saw the doors closed.  Jungah figured that she’d want some time alone herself and just went to update the girls on what happened. All of after school except Jooyeon went into Nana’s room to greet her. When they went in they thought she’d be upset but instead she was smiling, like everything was going to be ok. Everyone circled around Nana’s bed and was quiet until Nana broke the silence “Guys…don’t be like this…it’s ok, there’s nothing I can do about it and I don’t have that much longer I might as well make the best of what I have left. So please don’t be sad, it’s not how I want to remember things.”  The girls did their best to smile and everyone hugged her. When they pulled away Nana noticed Jooyeon was not with them “Where’s Jooyeon?” Nana asked as her eyes wandered around looking for her. “She’s having a hard time dealing with the news and left.” Nana put her head down “…I see…” Lizzy tried to cheer her up by saying “Jooyeon will be ok, She’ll come see you soon!” Nana lifted her head up and smiled as she nodded. Hours had past and still there was no sign of Jooyeon. Each one of them tried to call her but she still didn’t answer. They decided to let Nana get some rest and leave, each one of them gave a big hug to Nana before they left, because they themselves were scared this might be the last time they see her. 

After Nana had been alone for 20 minutes the door had opened revealing the face of the girl she had longed to see. “Jooyeon…” Nana spoke as she saw Jooyeon stand there with a bouquet of flowers in her hand, she could tell Jooyeon had been crying from the redness in her eyes. Jooyeon began to walk closer to the bed, “Jooyeon, where were you why didn’t you answer everyone’s calls…my calls.” Nana was cut off when Jooyeon pressed her lips against Nana’s. Tears began to stream down Nana’s cheeks. Jooyeon pulled away and left Nana with her eyes shut still processing what just happened. “Jooyeon…why?” Jooyeon gave a weak smile before saying “Because I love you...I’m sorry it took so long for me to confess to you…But I always thought that there was no possible way that you would like someone like me, I was scared of ruining our friendship, and getting rejected…but I don’t care about that stuff anymore, all I care about is you, and you’re going to be taken away from me at any moment.” Nana began to shed more tears hearing Jooyeon’s words. “I’m sorry Jooyeon…I didn’t know you felt that way…I mean I guess I always hoped that you did, but I never believed that you would. I love you too.” Jooyeon laid the flowers on Nana’s table side as she slowly placed her hands on Nana’s face leaning in for another kiss.

Jooyeon ended up staying the night with Nana, she fell asleep by Nana’s bedside when suddenly something woke her up. “DING DING DING DING DING!” Jooyeon alarmed woke up and lifted her head to see that Nana’s heartbeat was increasing. Doctors rushed in and began to wheel Nana to the emergency room. Jooyeon followed behind them. “We don’t have a transplant yet, we’re not able to get one until next week!” the doctors said to each other. Jooyeon who was listening spoke up “I can be her transplant…” one of the doctors stopped and turned to her. “You’re one of her members aren’t you? Are you sure you want to give her your heart.” The doctor asked Jooyeon. “She already has it doc, she’s had it for years.” The doctor nodded his head telling her he understood what she meant “Ok then.” “Can I just write a note to her really quick?” the doctor shook his head “Ok, when your done you can come into the emergency room. A doctor will be waiting for you.” Jooyeon went to get a pen and paper from the desk and began writing.

After she was done she went into the room. “I want you to count to ten.” The doctors said to Jooyeon as they put a sleeping mask over . Jooyeon began to count out loud “One” then she began to have flashes of Nana “Two” she pictured Nana smiling “Three” She pictured Nana crying “Four” she pictured Nana dancing “Five” she remembered last night when she told Nana she loved her “Six” she heard Nana’s voice saying she loves her too…after that everything went black for Jooyeon. Nana opened her eyes to see that she was surrounded by the after school girls. She pushed her weak body up. Everyone was crying…”What happened?” Nana asked. “Nana…last night…last night, your heart rate was increasing and they were able to save you in time but…” Nana stopped Jungah from talking “Wait…where is Jooyeon? Did she leave to have time to herself again??” Everyone began to sob louder. “But as for Jooyeon…” they pulled the curtain next to Nana showing her a lifeless Jooyeon in the bed.  Nana’s eyes instantly watered as she pushed her weak body off the bed. “No! No! Jooyeon you  didn’t!” she pulled Jooyeon’s hand to her face as she held it with her own “Please tell me you didn’t…” the after school girls began sobbing harder watching Nana as she tried to shake Jooyeon’s body awake “Jooyeon wake up! Wake up! This isn’t funny you took it too far this time, if you don’t wake up I’m going to be really mad at you Lee Jooyeon!” tears began to overpower Nana as she sobbed into Jooyeon’s neck as she hugged her. Jungah placed a hand on Nana “I’m sorry Nana.” Nana turned to Jungah “Why didn’t you stop her?!” Jungah grabbed the crying Nana and hugged her as she the back of her head “I didn’t know that she did this, when we came it had already been done, I’m sorry Nana.” Nana unable to control her tears and fell to the floor “No…No…why? I love her? Why did she leave me?” Everyone began to cry, when the nurse came in with a note. “Mrs. Nana this is for you.” She handed it to her. Nana tried wiping her never ending stream of tears. As she read the note.

Dear Nana,

It’s me Jooyeon by the time you’re reading this you probably found out what I have done. I’m sorry, but tonight I’m going to be a selfish person I love you too much to let you leave me, and that is why I did this I know it hurts but I want to tell you that for me there was no other choice so if you ask me no I’m not sorry I did this, But I am sorry that I won’t be there when you wake up. You have no idea how happy you made me when you said you love me too. You made me the happiest person alive. Don’t be sad for me because you’ve fulfilled all my wishes so I’m ok with being the one to leave. Please know that I will always love you from where ever I am and that I’m always with you. This heart always has and always will beat for you. I love you My Nana.

                                                                                                                                ~Jooyeon

Nana’s tears fell on the paper as she read the note out loud, she placed the letter over her heart and began to sob softly.

The doctors came in and told everyone “I’m sorry I have to be the one to tell you guys this but we have to take Jooyeon’s body. Please say your goodbyes.” Everyone spoke as they held Jooyeon’s hand “Jooyeon you will always be part of after school, no one will ever be able to take your place you prankster…we all love you and we hope you know that.” Nana was the last to say anything before they wheeled Jooyeon’s body away. She kissed Jooyeon’s lips one last time and leaned into her ear to whisper “I love you, please come back to me…”

A couple days later…

Where am I? Jooyeon spoke as she walked around the magical white place that surrounded her. She approached a door, when she pulled it open flash backs of her life began to flash before her eyes all the moments with Nana. “I love you…Please come back to me…” Jooyeon heard Nana’s voice as she stepped into the door, when all of a sudden everything went white.

Jooyeon then opened her eyes to see she was surrounded by doctors. She blinked her eyes “Am I alive?” she asked the doctors. They gave her a big smile before they spoke “Yes you are, welcome back.” Jooyeon pushed herself up and stared at her hands “But how? I gave my heart to Nana…” The doctor put his hand on her shoulder “And she made it, it’s been a couple days and we preserved your body in the freezer, because we thought that maybe something would come up and it did, the heart Nana was supposed to get finally came, and no one here needed a transplant so we put it in you. Your friends still think you’re dead we haven’t had time to call them yet.” Jooyeon smiled “Thanks doctor for everything.” The doctor nodded and left the room. After rest for a couple hours Jooyeon asked the doctors if she could leave to go surprise her friends. He agreed to let her go. Jooyeon arrived at the front door of the dorm she was nervous and had no idea how she was going to explain it to them. *knock knock knock* “Coming” she heard as Lizzy yelled from the other side of the door.  Lizzy opened the door and immediately Jooyeon lifted her head and smiled. Lizzy began to sob “JOOYEON! HOW ARE YOU HERE!” she jumped at her Unnie. Everyone came out to see the commotion and they were speechless when they saw their beloved member in front of their eyes. They each began to cry to and ran to hug Jooyeon “How? We thought you were dead! You gave your heart to Nana!” Jooyeon explained to them what happened and they each took a while to process it. Jooyeon looked around for a unseen Nana. “Where is she?” Jooyeon asked. “She’s at the beach, the one you always go to, you know…the one where you go to clear your head.” Jooyeon nodded “I’ll see you guys later ok?” They nodded understanding her and how she wanted to see Nana.

Nana who sat alone on the sands of the beach stared out into the ocean, as the wind blew her hair. She got up and brushed the sand off of her and when she turned around, those tears began to fill her eyes as she stared at Jooyeon. Jooyeon spoke “Nana…” Nana just looked at her unable to believe that she was actually there “My mind is playing games with me again…you’re not really here. I’m just imagining things.” Jooyeon began to walk closer to her “Nana I am here, I came back.” When Jooyeon reached Nana, Nana stopped her “No this is just my imagination, I want you to be here so my mind is making me think you are when you’re not. You aren’t real. This is all a dream. Go away! Go away!” Nana said as she began to softly hit Jooyeon’s chest as more tears fell from her eyes. Jooyeon grabbed Nana’s wrist and stopped her from hitting her “Nana, I’m here! It’s really me! Look at me! It’s me; I came back, see you can touch me.” Nana pulled her wrists from Jooyeon “You….You…..Why did you leave me….” She said as she continued to hit her more.  Jooyeon wrapped her arms around Nana pulling her into a hug as Nana sobbed into Jooyeon’s chest “Why, why did you leave me….I was so lonely…how do I know this isn’t a dream?” Nana said as she looked at Jooyeon. “Because if it where you wouldn’t be able to feel your feelings when I do this…” Jooyeon leaned in and kissed Nana. When she pulled away Nana looked at her “It’s really you you’re here!” she jumped on Jooyeon causing her to lose her balance and fall on the sand. Jooyeon laughed and wrapped her arms around Nana. “I’m here, it’s me. I came back to you.” Nana lifted her face “I love you Lee Jooyeon. My heart is only meant to love you.” Jooyeon looked back into Nana’s eyes “I love you too Nana, My heart beats only for you.”