The Relationship.

The Seven Stages of Grief
Minho had always liked to think that his and Jinki's relationship was somewhat perfect.
 
Now that he thought about it, it was.
 
It didn't matter to him that he and Jinki fought over the small necessities, like who should do the dishes or buy the groceries. No relationship was perfect, and so he thought that their's was just fine.
 
Minho never knew whether or not it was normal to love waking up to Jinki beside him, waking up to a head of sandy blonde and closed eyes, framed with thick, dark lashes and those petal pink lips that were just begging to be kissed.
 
He loved staring at Jinki, combing his fingers gently through the golden strands as he listened to his love as he breathed evenly and deeply – although he mumbled random gibberish sometimes, but it was so endearing – and normally with his arm slung loosely over Minho's waist. Minho would always try to pull the sleeping boy closer, slowly and gently, making sure not to wake him as he wrapped his arm around Jinki and hugged him flush against his firm chest, basking in the warmth radiating from Jinki's soft body. They would stay like that for a short while, just being with one another. Minho always woke up before Jinki, his work demanded it.
 
It was okay though. Minho didn't mind making breakfast for Jinki and talking to him whilst the older man stirred his coffee and munched on his buttered toast. Minho liked listening to Jinki ramble about how he hoped today wouldn't be as boring as the day before. He liked shooing Jinki into the bathroom to shower, with a kiss and asking him to remember Minho with yet another kiss.  
 
Jinki always came home slightly later than Minho, so whilst Minho was halfway through making their dinner, Jinki tended to come home and straight away wrap his arms around him from behind, showering him with kisses to his neck – because Jinki knew how sensitive Minho was there – and asking him how his day was. It was an arrangement they were both comfortable with, it seemed. No matter what, Minho loved those arms that held him tightly, as if asking for Minho to stay. Not that Minho would ever leave. He loved Jinki too much.
 
Minho knew about Jinki's insecurities. 
 
He knew he himself wasn't helping, because Jinki was the older one, he was meant to be earning more money for the both of them. Minho knew that it was his job to take care of Jinki's every need and concern. He refused to acknowledge that Jinki may have wanted to help in some form, in order to feel some pride in himself.
 
Minho only wanted to be the best he could be for Jinki, because he feared that anything less than that would result in Jinki doing something that they would both regret.
 
Jinki was the biggest part of Minho's life.
 
Minho loved Jinki, especially because of his love for all of the little things, like how he remembered that Jinki liked green apples more than red ones because green apples were “more sour”; like how Jinki's favourite past time with Minho was telling random stories whilst sharing a pot of honeycomb ice cream. Well, he says "share". Minho would always take 3 small scoops and pretend he didn't want anymore because he knew how much Jinki loved ice cream. Then Jinki would pretend to feel bad that he was eating it all, but Minho knew he was happy inside; like how Jinki hated that he was so awkward and introverted, and so constantly mentioned ways to help himself, be eased into a very comfortable social life. Jinki himself said he was thankful for the help he gained in making new friends, he didn't even acknowledge that the friends were originally Minho's because over time, everyone became his family. 
 
Jinki's smile every morning made Minho's heart flip, and his stomach fill with butterflies. It was as if every day he woke up to Jinki, he fell in love with the gorgeous man all over again.
 
It was always a wonder to Minho whether or not Jinki liked Minho the same way he did Jinki. 
 
***
 
Jinki was always scared of ruining his and Minho's relationship. It was somewhat stable, and Jinki was thankful for having such a strong pillar by him. 
 
Minho was that tall, handsome man with an athletic build that got him many modeling offers and countless acting opportunities. It was Minho's job, modelling. He wasn't too keen on acting though. Jinki had to agree that Minho was a stiff actor, and his lying skills were quite humourous.
 
Even though they spent years gradually getting together, and spent another few years being together, Jinki was still unsure of how he could make their relationship better.
 
Minho was doing everything in the relationship.
 
He was earning more money, he was the confident one, he cooked in the morning and in the evening. If Jinki was sick, Minho would spend the whole day tending to his needs; if Minho was sick, Jinki would be shooed out of the house because Minho knew just how much Jinki's boss hated him being off work, no matter the reason.
 
Minho never knew how much Jinki loved it when he woke up to Minho playing with his hair, fully believing Jinki was still asleep. How he felt lightheaded and his heart flipped as Minho pulled him closer to his body, hugging him softly. Jinki was a better actor than Minho, but Minho knew that already. Through the years, Jinki had managed to hide so many feelings, and it took Minho so long to uncover them. 
 
Minho never knew how much he loved it when he was kissed every morning despite his mix of coffee and minty toothpaste breath.
 
Jinki never got the chance to find out just how much Minho loved his cooking. It got to the point where Jinki was scared he wouldn't be able to reach the standards Minho had set in their household. But, he loved it when he was reassured by Minho every time he did cook that it was indeed, delicious. Minho would spend so much time reassuring Jinki that it made him feel like he was pressuring the other man. 
 
Jinki was scared. He was the coward of their relationship. 
 
He never wanted Minho to leave his side because he didn't think he could survive without Minho.
 
Minho was Jinki's everything. 
 
But Jinki was scared that he wasn't Minho's.
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

 

With lots of help, and a wonderful proofreader, the first chapter is up ^^

I'd like to thank Gingey (2Kim2Min) for helping me on this chapter. It sounds a lot better tbh.

Anyway, comment, subscribe, upvote if you like it. :D

Cheeseypuffes xxx