the art of suicide.

The Art of Suicide

"119.. I need an ambulance.. There's something wrong with my girlfriend, Kim Yujin.. This is Lee Jooyeon."

 

Five months. That's how long Uee was alone. Five months was all it took for her life to spiral out of control. She became unwanted, hated by everyone.. She wouldn't even go outside anymore. She got pills for her depression but they didn't help. Only one thing could save her. Jooyeon. But Jooyeon was in Japan. Even though they talked every night when Jooyeon was done with work, it wasn't the same. Uee hid everything about her depression from Jooyeon. She came across as happy, but she was dying inside.

Uee's body and mind was giving up on her. She couldn't take the pain anymore. A few hours before Jooyeon was due to return, she wrote her suicide note.

'Dear Jooyeon, I love you but I can't go on anymore. The lonliness kills me, I don't eat or sleep and it's been this way for as long as I can remember. I'm so sorry... Please move on and find someone to make you happy.'

Uee went into the bathroom and took all the pills out of the cupboard and swallowed them all. She fell to the floor almost instantly and gasped for air.

Meanwhile, Jooyeon was back in South Korea a few hours earlier than she should have been. She got out of the taxi and unlocked the door to the apartment that she shared with Uee.

"Uee, I'm back!" Jooyeon yelled.

No response.

"..Uee! It's me!"

Still nothing.

Jooyeon looked in all the rooms but couldn't find her. She saw the bathroom door was shut and she knocked on the door.

"Uee, are you in there?"

She heard a weak groan from inside. She opened the door to find Uee lying on the floor half dead.

"Oh god.. What did you do.." Jooyeon gasped.

"Unnie.." Uee whispered. "The note.." She handed the note in her hand to Jooyeon.

"No.. You can't do this to me.. Please.. Don't go.." Jooyeon started to cry.

"I'm.. Sorry.." Uee breathed, then closed her eyes.

"No! Uee! DON'T LEAVE ME!" Jooyeon yelled.

She rang for an ambulance, but they were too late to save Uee.

"..She's gone."

"No.. She can't have.. Please.. You have to save her.." Jooyeon looked up at the paramedics.

"It's no use.. We've tried everything.." Said one of them, then they left Jooyeon alone with the lifeless body of Uee.

"Uee.. I'm so sorry.. I didn't mean to leave for so long.. I'm a fool.. Why didn't you tell me what was happening.." Jooyeon pulled a small ring out of her pocket and sighed. "We.. We could have done so much together.. We could have had a great wedding.. Adopted children.." Jooyeon started to cry again and she put the ring on Uee's finger. "I'm sorry.. So sorry.."