Final

100 Paper Cranes

 

1000 Paper Cranes

by Octigwen

 


 

You slowly open your locker, inching it open ever so slowly and peeking into the darkness. You see nothing so you fling it open, only for ten multi-coloured cranes to come spilling out, having been placed unstably on top of last day’s gym wear and your biology text book.

You sigh, fighting a smile as you pick the ten paper cranes up.

'That makes 230', you think to yourself. opening a well used notebook and crossing out “220” to write the new number in it's place.

You place the paper cranes gently into a bag you have just for this reason, carefully inspecting each one for a note, a name, a simple letter. For once, the very first time in all the days this has happened you see something etched carefully on the neck of the brightest blue bird. 

"K.M," you mouth, before saying it outloud, rolling the letters around on your tongue, thinking. "Who is K.M?"

A call from your friend a few lockers down brings you out of your bubble and you rush to place the bag back in your locker, closing it tightly with a smile on your face. You contemplate not locking it, but you know that “K.M” will still find a way into your locker.

Like always.

You smile softly as the lock clicks in place, and toss your bag over your shoulder, calling a “coming” to your friends.

You make it halfway down the hall, but stop suddenly. You turn quickly feeling someone watching you. You shrug it off seeing the still empty hallway.

You don’t realise that you just missed the carefully peeking eyes of one, Kim Minseok. A quiet boy, who tends to spend more time on the soccer field than in class.

You don’t realise you’ve missed out on the first eye contact you have ever made with one Kim Minseok.

You won’t see those gorgeous brown eyes for another 77 days, when for the first time in 100 days you don’t see any paper cranes.

You don’t realize that the first time you’ll see those eyes is after looking up from the soft pale hands that holds 10 paper cranes cradled in his hands.

You don’t realize that this boy will steal your first kiss while sitting in a cheesy swan shaped paddle boat on the 102 day since you recieved the first ten cranes. He’ll also steal your first date under the stars, first car ride with a boy, first exchanging of couple rings, first time.

First everything.

He’ll steal a lot of things, you don’t realize then, but as you turn around and walk away a pair of gorgeous eyes following you, you can’t help but think with a flutter in your heart and a heat of embarassment on your cheeks.

You wouldn’t mind if this mystery crane boy stole the one thing that matters most.

Your heart.


My first Xiuminxyou drabble.

I liked it. It was fun.

I think I will write more like it.

Send me a prompt.

Tumblr