Chapter 6

I Choose You


 

When I got home, I suddenly felt so tired. It’s probably from all the stress I got this week. Not to mention I’m behind on A LOT of homework because Taemin made me skip class. I got such a huge lecture from my parents.

“Annyeong, Jiyoung-ah! Mom and dad went out to eat for their anniversary or something,” Seungyeon unnie told me as I climbed the stairs.

“Alright, I’m going out with Nicole tonight as well,” I said.

Unnie looked at me in horror.

“What?! I’m going to be all alone on a Friday night? I think I’m going to cry,” she wailed.

“Oh, come on! Just invite Onew over, pop in a chick flick and start making out,” I bluntly replied.

I’m in too much of a PMS-y mood to care.

She gaped at me as I entered my room and slammed the door. I collapsed onto my bed and lay there, resting for a few minutes, replaying the hug in my head. I glanced at the clock; I still had 30 minutes until the girls came. Good thing it’s Friday so I can procrastinate on my homework.

I went to my closet and picked out a regular outfit: Cuffed jeans, a graphic tee, a striped sweater and a bag.

Posted Image

I didn’t put on make-up (I hated the stuff) except for some concealer and foundation. I didn’t usually put those on but what the heck, it’s a Friday.

I settled onto my bed again and just as I was about to drift to lalaland…

I’ll be back nuhn dashi nareur chajeul guya.
Geuddae dashi naega ool guya.
Geu nugudo nureur naboda sarang uhbtgee-eh


My 2PM ringtone woke me and I grouchily picked up.

“Hello?”

“We’re coming in, like, ten minutes! You better be ready!” Nicole’s voice hammered into my ear and I heard the girls laughing in the background.

“Yeah, okay,” I hung up.

I stifled a yawn as I stuffed my bag with my wallet.

I walked down the stairs and as I passed the living room door, I heard Seungyeon unnie talking on the phone.

“Hi, Jinki-ah!...Okay, okay, I’ll call you Onew…. Then don’t call me noona! It makes me feel old…. Well, I was wondering are you doing anything tonight....You’re so sweet. So would you want to come over and watch a movie?... Okay, see you then!” then her voice dropped to a whisper.

“I love you too, oppa.”

Awww, my unnie’s so cute. It makes me feel so motherly even though she’s older than me.

“Unnie, I’m going out with the girls! Tell umma and appa!” I called to her.

“Okay, bye!” she replied.

I heard honking outside and knew they were here. I quickly put on my wedges and ran out the door. I got to the black Honda Civic that was waiting for me in the driveway. I opened the door and immediately heard their talking.

“Hey, Jiyoungie! It’s Gyuri’s turn to drive,” Hara greeted me. I smiled at her in return.

Gyrui was driving, Nicole was shotgun and Hara and I were at the back.

“So where are we going?” I inquired.

“KARAOKE!” they happily yelled and I chuckled.

“Ooh, I love this song!” Nicole chimed and turned the dial.

Hey, kogi, kogi, mister
Yogil jom bwabwa, mister
Gure baron a mister
Ne apuro ga mister


She tried doing the dance in her seat but ended up looking like a flailing chicken.

Soon, everybody was singing along like we were drunk.

LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA
LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA
LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA
1 2 3 4 5 6 BOOM IT!
Hey Meesutah

I laughed with them. It definitely felt like a girls’ night out. When they find out what happened about Taemin, they’ve been trying to make me happy all day, every day. It was really touching.

“You guys are too excited! You’re already singing and we’re not even at the karaoke yet,” Gyuri reminded us.

“Well if you drove faster we would already be there,” Hara replied.

It was true. Gyuri was always so safe and careful with everything, especially on the road. A 15 minute drive turned into a 25 one with her.

Gyuri pouted and we giggled at her cute face. Nicole poked her cheeks and she shook her head in annoyance.

“Aish, you kids! Don’t blame me if we get into an accident and end up in comas where our family will weep at our bedsides not knowing their own daughters inflicted this onto themselves for annoying me about my SAFE driving,” she started to mutter.

_____

We finally reached the noraebang and everybody jumped out the car, the second Guyri parked.

“I call going first!” we heard Nicole yell who was already metres ahead of us.

Once we secured a room and got settled in, Nicole and Hara were practically going to pop in excitement.

We first did “Fire” by 2NE1 and we stretched our hands above us. Then Nicole chose “Mister”, she’s so good at the dance when she isn’t sitting down. Hara chose “Abracadabra” and we all tried to do the hip dance. Gyuri chose “Bad Girl Good Girl”. I did “Again & Again” since 2PM is my favourite boy group. What do you think I at home all day? Yes, spazz about 2PM.

I started to do the dance choreography. The girls seemed a little surprised but quickly started chanting my name.

While I was doing Junho’s part, I heard the door open and some people come in but ignored it as I was too immersed in the song.

Nehga michyutna bwa jajonshimdo ubneunji
Nuh ehgeh dolawa chutbakwi doldeushi


Then it was Chansung and Taecyeon’s rapping part.

Nun dehcheh uhddun yak igilleh ggeuneul sooga ubssuh
Nado molleh jaggoo nuhleul geuliwuh hago gyulgooken ddo chatgo


I rapped.

She's a bad girl, I know
But here I go again, oh no


WOOT! I actually did the rap part correctly. No stuttering or mistakes.
The song finished and I waited for the score: 100

“YESSSSS!” I screamed.

I made a power ranger pose and said in a weird tone “I am the Winner Jing jing,”

I noticed no one was talking and I finally looked behind me. To my utter horror and embarrassment there was all of SHINee (except for Onew, of course) looking like they were pissing their pants, trying not to laugh. My mouth opened is surprise.

FML.

Why must you do to this to me, God?

And he was there too. He wasn’t laughing though he did have a huge smile plastered on his face. The girls tried to look apologetic but ended up laughing as well.

I walked to Nicole, grabbed her arm and dragged her out of the room.

I shook her shoulders as she laughed at me.

“Why are THEY here?” I asked panicky.

“Well, we only invited Minho and Key but I guess they brought the whole gang. Sorry! But seriously, what you just did was hilarious. PFFFFT,” she tried to contain her giggles.

I sighed and face palmed at my best friend.

“Well, I’m going to go now before I lose anymore of my dignity,” I told her.

“No, you have to stay! Look, I know it’s weird with Taemin here but it won’t be fun without you!” Nicole encouraged.

I sighed.

“Alright, but don’t expect me to sing anymore,” I gave in.

“Yay!” she clapped her hands quickly like a seal.

When we entered the room again, everybody was silent as Jonghyun was singing. He sounded like an angel, no wonder everybody liked him. The song ended and everybody clapped. Hopefully, they temporarily forgot about my incident.

I boldly tried talking to him.

“Wow, you’re so cool, oppa!” I said.

He smiled.

“Thanks, Jiyoung-ah,” I felt Taemin’s eyes pierce me not unlike those times in class. I ignored him and sat down.

Key and Nicole did a duet of “We Fell in Love” and they were so sweet together! I had to contain my giddiness. The song ended and they made a heart with their arms. Awww, cuteness overload!!!

“Now that we’re doing duets, let’s have Minho and Jiyoung do one since they haven’t sung in a while!” Gyuri said.

“Nah, it’s okay. I don’t really have to,” I tried to refuse but Gyuri didn’t budge.

“Yes, you do,” she gave me a goddess-y look.

I sighed and took the microphone from her. We were doing “Letter to you”.

Minho was already at the front and I smiled at him.

“Annyounghasehyo, Minho-ssi,” I greeted him.

He did a charming grin.

“Annyeong, Jiyoung! Don’t be so formal, let’s talk comfortably,” he said.

“Ahh, Okay, Minho-ah,” I hesitated.

He laughed.

“You’re so cute; I can see why Taemin likes you,” he patted my head.

I instantly blushed because he both patted me and said Taemin liked me.

“Let’s get 100, ‘kay?” he fiercely said.

“Fighting!” I fist pumped.

The song started and Minho started rapping. Wow, he’s so handsome! I didn’t know he could rap so well. His deep, charismatic voice was so charming and alluring.

It was my time to do the chorus and I tried hard to sing well as not to embarrass myself a second time.

By the time it was the second verse, I was comfortable and actually having fun. Minho was so fun to be with. He kept making funny faces that made me laugh. The song ended and we anxiously waited the score.

95

“Aish, so close!” Minho muttered.

“It’s okay; we can do better next time!” I tried to cheer him up. He smiled at me. The mics quickly got snatched from our hands while the others were already looking for a song.

I walked over to Hara who was fanning herself.

She cutely smiled at me.

“You two were so good! I didn’t know you could sing so well,” she complimented me.

“Sorry, Minho’s your boyfriend,” I apologized.

“No, it’s alright! Minho’s personality is just naturally overly friendly,” she understandingly said.

Ahhh, I love Hara unnie. She’s so calm about these things.

Suddenly, the room boomed with the loud music of “Lucifer”. And there he was at the front.

Soomeul gotdo chatji mothae naneun piharyeogo aesseo bwado
Geobujocha hal su eopneun nege gadhyeobeorin na


Oh my gosh. He was dancing while singing and he looked so hot! I tried to tear my eyes away from him but something made me keep watching his fluid motions. He wasn’t kidding when he said he loved to dance. Each move was so powerful and precise. His singing was amazing as well.

The lyrics were a bit weird though, a girl who acted nice but was really a devil. I gasped. Could that be me? Did Taemin choose this song to show his hatred towards me?

I sadly stared at him. I saw the worried looks of the girls and re-assured them with a small smile and a nod.

Everybody was transfixed on Taemin and when the song ended, it broke our trance. He gave the mic to Jonghyun and walked to me.

“We need to talk,” he said in a low whisper.

Nicole looked at me concerned but I just shook my head. I followed him out of the room. He kept walking though, all the way outside to the frosty, fall air.

It felt good to not be in a stuffed room anymore and I felt a calm tranquil sense coming over me. Then I remembered Taemin was with me and it left.

He started to talk walk at a slow pace and I fell in step beside him. He quickly glanced at me.

“Look, I know you hate my guts right now but it’s not how it seems,”

I looked at him crossly.

“I already gave you the last chance to explain.”

“I know but I was just testing you,” he said.

I looked at him, astonished. He was TESTING me? Did he really want me to kill him?

I guess the look on my face wasn’t too good because he started to explain quickly.

“I was testing you to see if you still liked me so-,”

“So you could keep playing with my heart? How could you even think about looking at me in the eye after what you’ve done? Don’t ever talk to me again, I hate you!” I cried.

People looked at us but I didn’t care.

Taemin’s face had gone pale and he looked as if he had just witnessed a murder. I stared at his eyes and was surprised at how glistening and red they were. Was he actually going to cry because of me? I can’t stand to watch that or else I’d give in to him.

“I’m sorry for troubling you. Goodbye, Jiyoung-ssi,” he hoarsely said. He walked away, leaving me alone, crying on the dark streets of Seoul.

 

-

 

One or two more chapter and it'll end. Yeah, it's a really short story.

extra thanks to SHINeeROX80. komawo!!~

ugh, I feel like punching AFF. I had to re-type this three times. -_-