Prologue

Alice in the Kingdom of Music

WARNING : A FEW RUDE WORDS IN THR ~


" This is my home. I will not run away, but I will try my best to do anything. " - Alice Charlson


 

                   A blonde haired maiden squeezed her eyes as she went out of the dark and empty room. " Learnt your lesson, Alice Charlson ? " her siblings mocked her and laughed away.She ignored them and continued walking, stopping right infront of her parents who were enjoying they're tea. " Mother, father. " she called calmly. She stared at the cold marble floor as they glared at her disgustingly. " Play your Symphony no.9 D minor in full version NOW ". Alice finched at her mother's loud voice. " Yes, mother. " she whispered with her sweet and soft voice. Alice was an obedient child,but was frequently bullied by her sister and brother. Despite that, she did not complain or tried to run away. As she said, this IS her home.

" Are you joking with me !? Did you even listen at what you're playing !!? The middle part starting from E should be played Allegro and before D minor should be played Presto ! Why were you playing everything at Vivace and Animato !? You destroyed the whole freaking song, Alice Charlson ! How long do I have to teach you this !? " her mother screamed in her face, slapping her a few times. She sat infront of the piano silently, holding her reddened cheeks and facing the music. She told herself that she deserved this. She was not as good her her older siblings. They were professionals that won many, many awards worldwide.

Her mother slammed the door closed, signalling that she needed to practice until the next day. Her stomach growled as she placed her trembling hands on the white grand piano. Tears rolled down her cheeks as she forced herself to play the melody. She practiced for hours and hours, hoping that her mother would hear and let her drink at least a sip of water, but to no avail. Her hands were hurting from the big chords and fast notes but she still continued praticing, just for the sake of her parents. The 10 year old girl did not have any friends. She was always alone, playing with her dolls and plushies. All she does is play the piano when she has her free time.

~~ Several years Later ~~

" Princess, you have reached school. " the driver kindly tapped her shoulder, waking her. She moaned and rubbed her eyes tiredly. This is the day. You transferred from Seito High to this prestigious high school, Seoul High. The driver smiled and fixed the ribbon on top of her head. " Be careful at school, princess. I will pick you up at 5 today. " Alice's eyes widened a little as she climbed out of the Rolls Royce. She tilted her head to the side. " That late? " she asked softly. Unfortunately, the driver did not hear it and already drove away. Alice puffed up her cheeks and turned around infront of the school gate. Her heart skipped a beat when she realized everyone was staring at her. She gulped and quickly tried to find the Principal's office.

Before she could step aside, she felt her hairband tie loose. Her head snapped up, seeing a group of guys laughing at her. " Oh look, a rich newbie. I bet she doesn't do any work at home. Hmmm ? " they . She jumped and tried to grab her ribbon but the guy was much taller than her. " Give it back, please... " she begged, jumping a few more times. She shouted when another guy grabbed her hand. " H- Hey , what are you doing !? "  Alice struggled to free herself, her hands slowly reddening from the tight grip. , control yourself, Alice. It's going to be alright. " Oo, you're an unusual one. Not fighting back, pretty girl ? " the guy smirked as he pulled her jaw up with his hand, looking at her face.

Oh that was the last straw. you, anon. She twisted her hand to grab his and threw him to the ground. She glared at the other boys, snatching her ribbon back. In the blink of an eye, her expression changed to an innocent angel. " Yes, I AM unusual," she told them with a smile and walked away cutely, leaving the boys standing there dumbfounded.

" You must be Alice Charlson. Welcome to Seoul High ! " the principal greeted with opened arms. Alice gave a small smile and bowed to the principal. " Thank you, Mr. Kim. I will do my best in this school. " He grinned and patted your back. " Let's get you to meet your welcome buddy. He's outside ! Now if you'll excuse me, I have a meeting to attend to. " the principal said and left the room. Outside? The guy with  dark blue hair... Alice went out after the principal, her footsteps getting smaller by each step. 

She stared at the guy beside her. " Umm... excuse me... " she tried to get his attention. The guy had a beautiful face with messy yet fashion-ny dark blue hair wearing a red hoodie.He was leaning against the wall, staring at the ceiling, probably searching for something up there. Alice curiously looked at the ceiling and turned back when she found out nothing was there. " Hello...?? Blue hair guy ~ " she waved her hand infront of him, but still ,she doesn't get his attention. " Hey, ugly. " she snapped her fingers a few times infront of him annoyingly. He slowly turned his gaze to Alice, not saying a word. She cleared and said awkwardly, " Sorry, but the principal said you're my welcome buddy, so... nice to meet you, I'm Alice Charlson. " Alice held out her hand to greet him but he just stared at her hand emotionlessly.

" I don't know anything here. Find someone else. " he said coldly and walked away with his hands in his pocket. Alice blinked rapidly and shouted sarcasticly , " Thank you, that's very kind of you ! " He put his left hand up, signalling a 'You're welcome'. Alice groaned and walked around the school randomly. So my class is 5-2... Let's find it ! Fighting ! She pumped her fist in the air and walked around, trying to find the right classroom.

" Are you Alice ? " someone asked from behind Alice awhile after she walked around the school. She turned around smiling sweetly. " Yes, nice to meet you ! ", she said once she saw that person. She smiled and greeted Alice the same way. " I'm Anne White. Nice to meet you. Let me bring you to your class. " Alice nodded politely and followed her, chatting with her happily along the way.

Looks like Alice made a friend.


" Alice, please read the next paragraph with your sweet voice. " a male teacher in his twenties called her. Alice knew he was flirting with her. She took a deep breath to calm herself down. " From the early days of Joseon Dynasty... " she started her 'speech' with a melodious and elegant voice. " Very good, Alice. Why don't you read the next paragraph with that beautiful voice of yours? " the teacher continued flirting. " . Stop flirting with me, you son of a . You think because you're in your twenties, everyone likes you? I can't stand it already! " she shouted. Everyone stared at her, even the teacher was shocked.

The teacher cleared his throat and said, " Alright, you can.. sit down now. Yuki, please read the next paragraph. "   " Uh,huh? Yes, Mr.Lee..." Alice gave out a breath of annoyance and sat back down her chair. Don't mess with Alice Charlson. She thought as she flipped her long blonde hair back her shoulder.

" School ended already? " Alice whispered to herself. It was only 2pm. Mm.. I'm tired, maybe I'll sleep for abit... 

" Alice? Alice. " her eyes fluttered open when she heard a woman's voice calling her to wake up. She looked around blurly. Who called me?? Her eyes widened and she jumped a little when she realized someone was in the classrom with her. It's... 4.30 already... What's he doing here? Alice thought as she looked at her blue watch. He suddenly turned his head away from his storybook and smiled, saying " Oh, you're awake ! I was waiting for you to wake up. You looked so peaceful there. "

Curious, she asked him how he knew she was awake without even looking at her, not even a glimpse. He only smiled instead of replying her. " It's a secret~ Hi, I'm Kairon Filmore, call me Kai. " Alice raised an eyebrow and decided to let off the topic. " Nice to meet you, call me Alice. " All he did was chuckled, making Alice more curious about his 'secret'.

Alice stared at her watch frequently while chatting with Kai and he just replied a few sentences and grinned at the others. The more she spoke to him, the more she felt uncomfortable being in the classroom. " I think.. I gotta go. I see my car over there. " Alice spotted a Rolls Royce and stood up hastily. Kairon smiled and waved goodbye quietly as she hurried out. He grabbed a spade card out of his pocket and stared at it. The card had a girl wearing a big blue ribbon on her head and a sky blue lacey knee-length dress.

 

" Alice, oh, Alice. You were so different 7 years ago. "