Obsession

Obsession

They asked me, “How far can you go for the one you love?”

I didn’t know what to answer before because I don’t have any special someone that time. But then one day, I met him. He looked so charming and handsome. He’s like the man every woman wants. Talented, witty, funny and he can even be weirdly cute sometimes. It was so hard to resist him.

I never thought that I would learn to love someone this much. I did everything for him. I followed what he wants me to do. I even looked like a puppet or a dog who does everything her master wants her to do. I’m not saying that he’s a bad guy but it just felt like I am ready to do whatever he wants.

Everything. Just for him.

My friends warned me about him, but I didn’t listen. I was too in love to think. They said that he is a Casanova who loves breaking girls’ hearts. They said he is not good for me. But what would a young girl who is deeply in love think? I believed that he is the one for me. The guy I’ve been waiting for: the man of my dreams; my prince charming.

We were so happy. We go on dates like what couples used to do. But then, weeks passed and I felt like he became colder. Every time I wanted to see him, he would tell me he’s busy or he was sick. I even told him that I can go to his house and take care of him but he was strongly against it.

I was so frustrated.

I wondered, “Did I do something wrong?” But I can’t think of what mistake I did. I never did anything that would hurt him. I’d let him go on bars with his friends or go out of town without me. He was so free. It almost felt like I’m not his girlfriend.

But one day, I saw him on the streets. He was walking hand in hand with another girl. They were acting so lovely with each other. I was watching them behind the parked car. I can’t move. I wanted to run and stop them but my feet were just standing still. I felt like my knees started to weaken. It was heartbreaking to see.

I turned around not wanting to watch them anymore. I dialed his number and called.

“Where are you?” I said.

“I’m busy at work. Let’s talk later.” He said.

He hung up. I wanted to scream and cry but tears wouldn’t fall. My voice was suddenly gone. I was mad and heartbroken but what can I do? I love him.

I went to his house and waited for him.

I saw a car coming so I hid behind a tree. It stopped in front of his house and there I saw, he was kissing that girl passionately. He never did that to me. I stared at them until they finished. I can only mumble, “Why? Myungsoo, why?”

I waited until the woman leave and walked to him. I called his name. The surprised look was visible on his face. It’s as if he’s asking me if I saw everything. I wanted to hit him until he begs me to stop but I did the opposite.

I smiled and hugged him.

“I missed you.” I said hugging him tight. I knew that I still love him. I thought that I will always forgive him because he’s mine and I’m his. No one can make us apart.

“Jiyeon.” He called. I just looked at him, smiling so dearly. “Let’s break up.”

Let’s break up.

It rang in my mind endlessly while I just look at him who was staring at me coldly. I can’t accept it. I can never accept it.

“But I love you.” I said almost begging him. “Don’t break up with me. It’s fine if you have another woman.”

“Are you crazy?” he said.

“Yes. You made me crazy.” I cupped his cheeks and leaned closer to kiss him but he pushed me away. He looked at me with disgust on his face. He looked at me as if I was a mad woman. I love him. I can do anything just to bring him back in my arms. I want him only to be mine. He’s mine and no one can get him from me. If I won’t have him, no one will.

And now, I’m looking at him… behind the jail.

The Kim Myungsoo I ‘m looking at right now looks so dirty and weak. He now looks at me as if I’m his only hope. Now, I’m the only one he sees.

“Please, let me go.” He pleaded. “Jiyeon, please. I’d do anything just let me go.”

I laughed and touched his face. “You’d do anything for me?” he nodded almost breaking his neck but I just stood up and scoffed. “Do you think I’m stupid? Why would I let you go? You’d just hurt me again.”

He shook his head disagreeing. “I will not hurt you again. I’ll be yours forever.”

“Forever. Such a big word.” I sat in front of him, watching. “Would you die for me?”

His eyes widened, shaken with fear. “P-please. We can create our own family. Let’s get married and have kids. L-let’s live together.”

I smiled and nodded, “That’s a nice offer but… no, thanks.” By that, I got the gun from my back pocket and shot him.

I saw how hurt he was but I just smiled and watched. He was reaching out for me and I just held his hand from outside.

“Take some rest and I will follow, Myungsoo.”

I watched carefully until he bled to death.

I entered his jail and kneeled beside him. I closed his eyes and said, “Sleep forever at peace.” I caressed his face and kissed him. It was still warm and then, I felt my tears started falling. In front of me is the dead body of the man I love the most. I hugged him tight for the last time.

“I will not make you wait more. I will follow you now. We will be together now. I love you, Kim Myungsoo.”

And by that, another gunshot was heard and two dead bodies were found.