Good Intentions Gone Wrong

Good Intentions Gone Wrong

Fumbling with his dorm keys, Ryeowook barely held back a tired curse when he missed the keyhole for the forth time. He was tired, more then a little grumpy, and simply wanted to get to bed. His day had been packed full of schedules, including an early morning recording for KRY's upcoming album, an accompanying photo shoot for their return, a dinner meeting with their manager to discuss Super Junior M's latest success, then finally Sukira which seemed to drag on longer than usual. It was days like this that made Ryeowook question why he choose to take on so many tasks with his limited time. At least tomorrow would be easier, besides Sukira he had promised to help out with a newly formed groups recording. If he was remembering correctly, the email from manager-hyung had called them EXO.

Rubbing tiredly at his eyes as he let loose a wide yawn, Ryeowook mentally cheered when he finally managed to get the door open. As expected no one was in sight, presumably in bed, or at least that's what Ryeowook assumed. However, as soon as he shut the door behind him and turned around, the sound of running water caught his attention from the direction of the kitchen. He then noticed the faint smell of smoke and all traces of fatigue were gone quicker then he could blink.

Walking around the wall that separated the kitchen from the entrance way, Ryeowook noticed that only the dim light above the sink was on, which explained why he hadn't notice anyone's presence earlier. However, the light was enough to illuminate a head of inky-black hair currently turned away from him, broad shoulders hunched uncomfortably. The smell of smoke was slightly stronger in the kitchen, and when squinting Ryeowook noticed how the air was slightly foggy.

“Jongwoon-hyung? What happened? Where did the smoke come from?” Ryeowook gasped, breaking the silence. Taking in the rest of the small space, he took note of the multiple dirty dishes strewn across the limited counter space, as well as the burnt pot still on top of the stove.

The slumped over figure jumped in surprise, Jongwoon dropping whatever he held with a loud bang as he spun around. Wide eyes took in Ryeowook's presence quickly before lips twitched in what Ryeowook could only describe as being a cross between a smile and grimace.

“Ryeowook-ah! You're back early.”

A quick glance at his watch confirmed that Ryeowook was not in face early. “Hyung, it's almost two. I'm not early.”

“Oh, uhh, I suppose you're right. Look, why don't you go to bed, Ryeowook, you look tired. I'll stay up and finish cleaning up so don't worry about it,” Jongwoon rushed, trying to usher the smaller man out of the space with a hand along the small of his back.

“But, what happened? Were you trying to cook something? You should know better than that, especially after last time.” Ryeowook frowned, turning his head to stare at the other over his shoulder.

Jongwoon winced at the memory, recalling the last time he had ruined Ryeowook's precious kitchen. “I just, I mean, I had hoped. . . Look, I didn't mean for this to happen, but I got distracted by Kkoming. I swear I only left the room for a couple of minutes, but when I came back their was smoke, and. . . well.” Jongwoon's sentence dropped off after that, the man himself looking quite crestfallen, before he quietly added, “It was suppose to be a surprise for you.”

Turning around in the other's hold, Ryeowook slid both of his hands along Jongwoon's cheeks before holding on firmly. Being this close to the other man meant that Ryeowook could clearly smell the spiciness of his aftershave, as well as an underlying musky scent. “Can we both agree on no more cooking surprises, please. I don't know how many more times I can come home to find my kitchen destroyed,” he joked.

Mumbling an apology, the older pulled Ryeowook in to fully embrace him, affectionately nuzzling his nose behind the other's ear. “No more cooking surprises, I promise this time.”

“Thank you,” Ryeowook smiled, pulling back far enough to give the other a kiss. “Now, I believe you mentioned something earlier about you taking care of this mess. Wash all the dishes except the two pots you burned, they're going to need to soak in hot water and soap over night if we want any chance in saving them. Don't forget to wash the counters either, it looks like they didn't manage to escape your surprise efforts.”

For a moment it looked like Jongwoon wanted to protest, his left eyebrow raising slightly before settling back in it's normal place. Instead of answering the younger man's statement, he leaned forward again, pressing his lips more insistently against Ryeowook's who squeaked. Dry lips slid sensuously against his long enough for the smaller's to start tingling pleasantly before pulling back completely.

“You should head to bed, you may not have as many schedules tomorrow as today, but you still need to be up early, don't you?” Jongwoon asked, turning back towards the sink.

“Oh god, don't remind me,” Ryeowook whined. “I think they want me at the studio by nine, or maybe it was eight. I feel like I could sleep for at least twelve hours, but it's going to have to wait for another day.”

“You'll get a chance in a few days. Until then go get some rest, you'll need it when dealing with the newbies tomorrow.”

“Yes, Hyung.”

“Love you, Wook.”

“Love you too, Hyung.”