Going Out. Going Out?! Going back!

Angel Of Music

 

 
Ha Ni’s POV:
 
I slowly walked behind Young Saeng as we headed downstairs. “Ah, Umma. We’re going out for a bit, is that okay?” My umma turned around from where she was standing in the kitchen and smiled at the both of us.
 
“Sure, Young Saeng-ah please take care of her”, Young Saeng nodded in agreement. 
 
“No problem. Ha Ni, let’s go”, he smiled.  I nodded as we both said our goodbyes to my Umma and headed out the front wooden door. 
 
The two of us began walking down the street and to his car and I kept my gaze down to keep my huge smile hidden, ‘Ha Ni, you’re actually walking with Young Saeng’, I thought to myself, smiling even more. ‘Keep your cool, though. You don’t want to scare him away. Ha Ni, fighting!’ 
 
“Ha Ni-ah”, his beautiful voice shook me from my thoughts.
 
‘He said my name!’ I looked up and met his eyes, “N-Ne?”
 
“Hop in!” The car door was opened for me and I nodded, obediently doing what I was told. 
 
He closed the door behind me, getting in on the other side. “Ready?” He asked, I nodded slowly causing a chuckle to irrupt from him. 
 
“Really?” He asked, slowly reaching over and buckling my seatbelt for me. I could tell I was blushing just from the way my face seemed to heat up at his gesture. 
 
“Okay, now I’m ready”, I mumbled sheepishly. He chuckled again, doing his seatbelt up and starting the engine. 
 
“So, what’d you think of the lesson?” He asked quietly. 
 
“It was really really good, Kamsahamnida”, I smiled happily. 
 
“I’m glad you had fun”, he returned a smile, “I did too.”
 
Okay, I can safely say that I could die happy now. He had fun! WITH ME! AHH! My insides felt like they would burst with happiness as I let out a small giggle. “I’m glad that you had fun too.” 
 
“Oh! We’re here!” He exclaimed, stopping the car once he had pulled over. 
 
We both hopped out of the car, as I once again followed behind him. He opened the small restaurants door and the bell that hung loosely above it rang as a signal of our entry. “Annyeonghaseyo! Welcome!” An elderly woman greeted us both, giving us an eye smile. “Back again Young Saeng-ah?” 
 
“Ne, ahjumma. I just love your cooking”, he grinned. 
 
“Ah, you’re too kind. Oh, who’s this?” She asked tenderly. 
 
“This is Ha Ni. She’s a good friend of mine”, he spoke up. 
 
“Ah, is that what kids call them these days. How long have you been together?” 
 
“Ah, ahjumma”, Young Saeng slightly pouted. “That’s not. I-I mean- uh. Ahjumma”, he poutd again. 
 
I blushed even more, than I have ever before. Even more so than I ever had with Young Saeng in the past. 
 
“Aigoo, so cute. Take a seat anywhere. I’ll be back in a minute”
“S-Should we?” He asked, gesturing to the tables. 
 
“N-Ne”, we both walked over to a table in the back, sitting down as the Ahjumma from before came back, with some menus. Young Saeng didn’t even have to pick up the menu, as he quietly mumbled his order of chicken curry to the ahjumma. “Urhh, I’ll get the same.” She nodded quickly making another mumbled remark about the cuteness of couples these days as she walked away. 
 
“Sorry about that”, he muttered apologetically.
 
“I-It’s o-okay”, he breathed out a sigh, a small relieved smile playing on his lips. 
 
Everything was silent for a while, he looked so deep in thought, "Here we go", a voice from behind called cheerfully as a beautiful aroma filled the air. The nice ahjumma placed our two plates of food in front of us. "Enjoy", she smiled, leaving us alone. We both smiled back at her, watching her leave us and head back towards the kitchen. 
 
We both began to eat, still in silence. I slowly took the first bite and I was overcome with the deliciousness of the food on my plate, it was really a wonderful taste, I'd definitely have to get the recipe or at least come here often. "Mm, it's delicious", I complemented. 
 
A small chuckle filled the air as he spoke, "I'm glad you like it. We'll have to tell ahjumma too, I'm sure she'd be glad to hear that", he smiled.  We both kept eating out of hunger and simply because the taste was amazing, both of us finished quickly, smiling and sighing in content. "Maybe, we should come here after every lesson?" He suggested. 
 
"I'd like that", I giggled as the ahjumma returned again. 
 
"How was everything?" She asked, picking up our plates. 
 
"Delicious", I smiled. 
 
"Delicious as always ahjumma", Young Saeng complimented. 
 
"I'm glad", she laughed. 
 
"How much do we owe you?" Young Saeng asked. 
 
The Ahjumma shook her head, "It's on the house", before either of us could argue she turned and began walking again. 
 
“Shall we go?” He asked, slowly getting up. I nodded, following his lead and standing too, walking beside him as we walked towards the door, stopping near by the counter and the open kitchen window that revealed the Ahjumma cleaning away. 
 
“Bye Ahjumma thank you for lunch!” Young Saeng called. 
 
“Ne, Kamsahamnida”, I called too. 
 
“It was my pleasure. See you soon Young Saeng-ah and I hope to see you again dear, call me ahjumma”
 
“Ne, ahjumma. Annyeong!” We waved as we both turned to leave the small restaurant. 
 
“Thanks for today”, I said  as we walked towards the car. 
 
“No prob-” Young Saeng was suddenly cut off by gasping and small squeals.
 
“O-Omo, is that?!” 
 
A hand slipped through mine, “Quickly!” With a pull of my hand we were both back into the same restaurant with a small distance between us.