Lovers made by darkness.

Lovers made by darkness.

Lee Donghae is my best friend.

 

I remember the first day I met him. I was a rebellious child. I was nothing compared to him. In fact, he’s anything and I am nothing. Those times I hated world for being unfair to me. I hated all of the people, except my mom. My mother left us for his other man. Since then, I hated world. I hated everybody. I didn’t talk to anyone. I don’t want to be friend with anyone. People are like this, they will love you but in the end they will leave you. That’s how people work and reality .

 

I was shocked when Donghae approached me that day. He said he wants me to be his partner. And I was like, “What the fck! Don’t you know who I am?” I belong to the lowest section in our batch. I am poor in both academic and extra curricular activities but I still have a good heart. But then, I was very lonely to the point where sometimes I want to kill myself. Sometimes, I feel jealous seeing other people very happy with their father. Unlike me, who’s very unlucky with life.

 

I found Donghae really cheerful and cute. When I’m alone eating my lunch, he brings his company and eats with me. They are so fun to be with. One time, I forgot to eat my lunch because I was to happy hearing their jokes and laughter. I remember also when I introduce him to my dad he was very happy to see dad and my dad is very happy also. I remember what dad said that day, “You are the very first friend of Kyuhyun since his mother left.” Because, as you know, I’ve been so lonely and alone all these years.

 

Donghae made me a strong person. He taught me how to be happy. He points what is my weakest side because he knows that it’ll make me stronger. He taught me how to live my life. He taught me that life is not about being alone. No man is an island. Everybody needs a companion and I found him.

 

I can’t go to his house because it is one hour away from school and my house is on away away from school too. So if I’ll travel, it will take me two hours to go there. “Kyuhyun-ah! Don’t go with me! Your dad will worry about you.” He is always like that. I wasn’t able to meet his mother. Yes, he is living with his mother because his father died 7 years ago. And 7 years ago, my mother left us. L Both of us were unfortunate that time.

 

Until, time passes by. I fell in love with him. He is the guy I want to be with. I want him to be mine forever. I may sound selfish but I love him, so much. I think I’m enough to make him happy. Until one day I met, Lee Hyukjae. He is preferred to be called Eunhyuk. He loves Donghae like the way I do. He wants me to be their bridge. The bridge to their relationship.

 

One day, I woke up with a message, “Kyuhyun-ah! He’s my boyfriend now. Thank you my best friend.” My world, my heart, my hope, my love… everything torn into pieces. I know our story will end up like this. He will leave me for his love. He will leave me with nothing.

 

I’ve been ignoring him for 2 weeks now. And I can see their happy together, he is happy with Eunhyuk. I can’t deny that. I’m jealous. I’m jealous seeing them happy. I close my eyes. I don’t want to see their sweetness anymore. I can’t take it anymore. “Kyuhyun-ah! It’s me Donghae.” I didn’t react. I don’t want to open my eyes because I know, anytime tears may fall in my eyes. “Why do you keep on ignoring me? Why are you like that? It’s my birthday today. I want you to meet my mother. I want to you be close with Eunhyuk. Isn’t that happy? Kyuhyun-ah, I’m sorry for what I’ve done. Even if I don’t what it is. I’m so sorry. Please forgive me. I love you my best friend. If you want to go to my party, just go to this address. We’ll leave now.”

 

I decided to go to his house. I don’t want to ruin his day. I want to meet his mother also. But I don’t like the idea of having Eunhyuk there. I enter the house. I found someone’s picture, she looks very familiar. I don’t know where did I met her but she’s really familiar. My foot brought me to the garden and there. I saw beautiful scenery, a pool party. I approach Donghae. “Donghae-ah! Happy birthday.” I fake a smile. “You’d come Kyu! WAAAHHH!” He hugs me tight. I feel warm. I want his embrace. I feel secured. “I want to talk to you… in private.” I said.

 

“Kyuhyun-ah, please listen to me carefully.” He lets out a sigh. “I liked you before but now, I love you… not as a friend but more than that. It’s just that I don’t know if our feeling is mutual and now seeing you confessing… it hurts me. I’m so dumb not realizing that you feel the way too. I’m so dumb to realize. Kyuhyun-ah, will you give me another chance?” He holds my hands. “B-but Donghae, what about Eunhyuk?” He laughs.

 

He let out a sigh, again. “Kyuhyun-ah, he fell in love with you too. Remember those days when you were our bridge? He fell in love with your attitude. He confessed to me one week ago that he has feelings for you. This is crazy. My boyfriend who courted me for 3 months fell in love with my best friend who plays the role of our love bridge. Kyuhyun-ah, there is something with you that made us fall inlove with. And I’m happy hearing you confessing to me. I won. I love you too, Kyuhyun.”

 

I get nervous as we get closer to his mother room. “Umma! I want you to meet my friend.” Donghae open the door and we enter.  “Who is he?”Her voice is familiar to me. “K-kyuhyun!?”

 

“MOM YOU LEFT ME! YOU LEFT US! AND NOW YOU WANT ME TO ACCEPT YOU AGAIN? NO MOM I WILL NEVER EVER ACCEPT YOU AGAIN. AND FOR THE RECORD, YOU ARE MY BESTFRIEND’S MOM FOR THOSE FCKING DARK SEVEN YEARS OF MY LIFE. NO MOM! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU SO MUCH!” I can’t accept that my mother left us for Donghae. “Baby, I left you because Donghae’s dad is dying. He wants me to take care of Donghae. Your dad didn’t understand the situation-“ “SO YOU’RE TELLING ME THAT DAD IS THE WRONG ONE? WOW! JUST WOW!” I left the house with tears streaming to my face.

~

 

“Kyuhyun-ah! Do you remember that day again?” I look at Donghae’s eyes. “Yes. History is history. My love, it still hurts me ‘til now but I’m happy because you’re mine. I’m happy now because we’re living at the same roof. I’m happy that my mom and dad are now together. I’m very lucky to have you. Thank you because of you my family is reunited again.” I beamed a smile. “Thank you too for giving me a second life with your mom. Thank you for giving this kind of happiness. Kyuhyun-ah!” He grins. “I want to marry you!”