Chapter 4

My Remedy Is You (Lee Taemin Love Story)

Taemin, Joon, G-Dragon, Henry, Yesung, and Xiumin had all gathered at SHINee's apartment that afternoon. Xiumin had also brought Tao, who had pestered him about what was going on. At the moment, the seven of them, as well as the other four members of SHINee, were in the living room. It was 3:30 in the afternoon.

Joon was the first to speak. “Seungho said that we need to focus on our comeback, and that I shouldn't go. So you'll need to find someone else for that ticket.”

Taemin frowned. “But it's such short notice. Who would agree to go?”

Xiumin smiled. “Can Tao come?”

If he's allowed. Will Kris Appa and Suho Umma let their son go?” Jonghyun asked playfully, grinning.

I'm sure nobody would object.” Tao said.

Just then Xiumin's phone rang, making everyone jump in surprise. He looked at the caller ID and grinned, walking out of the room with Tao in tow. Once away from the noise of the other room, Xiumin answered the phone and put it on speaker phone.

Hello.” Xiumin greeted.

Hey, Xiumin Oppa. How is everyone there?” Minji's voice rang through the speakers, sounding extremely tired.

Tao gave Xiumin a look of shock, then spoke. “We're all fine. How are you doing, Minji-ya?”

A quiet gasp and muffled banging came from the other end of the phone. “Tao Dagē? Ah, Xiumin Dagē, you should have told me that you weren't alone. You made me drop some boxes.” She sighed, speaking in Chinese. “I'm doing fine, Da gēgē. It's been a long day.”

You can speak Chinese?” Tao asked.

Of course, Tao Dagē. I can speak Korean, Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese, English, Spanish, French, Tagalog, German, Russian, and Swedish.” Minji giggled.

Ah, you're too smart, Minji. Nobody will be able to keep up with you.” Xiumin laughed.

So what have you been doing? You sound very tired. What's your schedule like? How busy are you?” Tao questioned.

I've been helping organize a fundraiser, organizing performers for the fundraiser, shooting my parts in a movie, choreographing and practising dances, and such.” Minji replied. “Besides, it's 11:35 at night here.”

Xiumin frowned. “You need to take a break before you get yourself sick, Minji. Remember, you're just one person; you need to relax, too. And you should be sleeping right now. If Key found out you were still awake at this time, he'd be mad.”

She groaned. “I know. Okay, then, bye.”

Bye.” Xiumin and Tao chorused, then hung up.

As soon as the two reentered the room, everyone turned to them with a questioning stare. The two band members made eye contact before sitting back down in their original seats. Neither of the two said anything for a few minutes. The whole room was silent, waiting for an explanation of some sort. After a few minutes of awkward silence, Tao gave Xiumin a look, which Xiumin returned.

That was Minji-ya on the phone.” Xiumin stated quietly, bowing his head. Everyone heard it.

Minji-ya phoned you? Of all people, she phoned you?” Key gasped.

Taemin shot to his feet. “Is Minji-ya okay? Does she know we're coming?”

Xiumin shook his head. “She doesn't know anything. And she says she's doing good, but she's extremely tired and busy.”

G-Dragon looked confused. “How busy could she be? I'm sure she's exaggerating a little bit.”

Tao made a sound of disagreement. “She's helping to organize the fundraiser and acts for it, shooting for a movie, choreographing and practising dances, and it's almost midnight there.”

Okay, she's busy.” G-Dragon admitted.

And she probably wasn't telling you everything that she's doing.” Taemin sighed.

My poor baby is overworking herself. When you see her, you'll need to scold her for me.” Key fretted over Minji.

Suho Umma already said he was her Umma, and he has already fought over that position.” Tao said, amused.

Key pouted indignantly and puffed out his chest. “No! I'm Minji's Umma! I was in her life first! Suho Hyung can't just claim that position!”

Joon grinned and reminded Key. “G.O. also said that he wanted to be her Umma.”

G-Dragon laughed. “All of BIGBANG said they would raise her like a family.”

Yesung smiled. “Before Leeteuk left he fought over the position of Umma.”

It looks like everyone's against each other for the position of Minji's Umma, or family.” Minho snickered.

How are we honestly going to decide who that person will be?” Onew added, chuckling. “Will Minji-ya get to choose who she wants to be her Umma?”

No. Rock-paper-scissors.” Jonghyun scoffed.