Letter to my wife

Letters to Love

Dear Na Eun,

Do you miss me? I hope you do. Well, this is my first time writing to you since about 24 years ago? Remember our first letter? It's a shame I can't take it along with me... would you pass it to me? No no you should not come yet.

It's wonderful here. The air is fresh and the sky is so blue! I have never really been sad since I came... other than missing you of course. I really wish to stay close with you, if only we can. The world is cruel isn't it? Are we the modern Romeo and Juliet? No, we are more than that keke.

I'm tired Na Eun. I'm very tired. Of what? Many. I'm tired of waiting, I'm tired of living here and I'm tired...of myself. I can't come back, can I? Would you be very happy if I actually do?

Na Eun ah, when I heard that I need to leave, I wasn't not sad nor happy. The first thought that came into my mind was how can I live without you for a very long time? I forgotten you for a while but now I have remembered again. What am I suppose to do now? Am I suppose to keep on living without you? I'm sorry Na Eun but you just can't come here yet. No one actually wants to come here early.

I'm sorry for everything. I have done so many things that have broken your heart many times. I was foolish to not have known that you were hiding pain beneath you brave smile. I have made you cry so many times and yet you remained by my side. I have always been so busy with work and such but you still took care of me abd did not left me. You have a beautiful face, a kind heart and a pleasent soul, it would be so easy to find another better man than me, I have always thought. I realised I have been so bad to you, and still left you alone now. I'm sorry, I can't do anything. I'm so useless...

I wouldn't be surprised if you slap me or left me because I would have done that if I were you. Sometimes I wonder, Na Eun, do you really love me? After all that you're through with me? Tell me honestly, because we're no longer together anyway. When we started dating, the words 'saranghae' were like candy to my hears, when I hear them from you. It took a lot of courage for you to say to me remember?

Of course, I remember the happier times we used to share, like going on a trip to Jeju island, where we first met, to Spain and many more. I was hoping that those times would never end because I believe those were the only times I was happy in my life. I know it sounds unreal Na Eun... Um is this getting very corny? Because I know you hate corny things! keke.

Na Eun ah, Are you happy? Wish you could see me for the last time? To be honest, I remembered many things before I came here. I cried really bad. I thought it was a dream but it wasn't. I have left you... I'm sorry Na Eun.

That feeling was like my entire life was being replayed to me, to show me how I have spent my life. I feel so regretful now... It was indeed inevitable. I saw everything: the way you cried for days, or even weeks perhaps. I was crying too but tears would not come out. I was right beside you all along... Na Eun and yet you couldn't see me. That breaks my heart. Gosh I hate that feeling. I suppose I did the right thing by leaving you behind, huh? That way you coud move on with your life and I move on with mine. I made a fair decision, no, it wasn't me.

I want to see you, to touch you, to feel your warmth before I leave but it was too late. I should have treasured the moments we have had together before this happens. Maybe who actually knows? We are closer than anyone else thinks we are. I'm just happy I can communicate with you by letters, it eases me up abit...

We shall see each other again very soon, Na Eun. For now, all I want to say is please forgive for everything that I have done and love me till the end, promise? I love you Na Eun.

Your devoted husband,

Taemin