Chapter 1

Serendipity

 

 

"Sungmin-ah, do you know why I always here for you?”

Youngwoon stared deeply into Sungmin’s eyes.

 

Theres nothing but lust there, Youngwoon gazed at the younger one. Waiting for Sungmin’s answer.

Sungmin’s heart beat faster than ever, he could feel his cheek slowly become warmer and a blush suddenly creep on it.

 

“I...I don’t know why Youngwoon-hyung” Sungmin replied. He never know the reason why his hyung always stay by his side, all that he knew is everytime he need him, Youngwoon will always be there for him. He never says no to Sungmin.

 

Then Youngwoon moved closer towards him. He slowly pulled the younger one into his arms and leant closer, attacking his neck. Sungmin shivered, he began to closed his eyes. Savouring the older man’s touch and kiss. And before he realized it, Youngwoon already put his lips against him.

 

Sungmin’s eyes fluttered close while his hand ran down from Youngwoon’s face to his bare chest. Sungmin could feel the other’s heart beat, nice and tender. “The reason is because I love you Lee Sungmin, I always do..”

Sungmin woke up from his sleep and found out that tears already bursting from his eyes, pouring fast like the rain falls from the sky. He tried to wipe away his tears which ran down on his cheek but its useless. It wouldn’t stop, it’s even falling faster than before.

 

 “Youngwon-hyung….” The young boy cried harder when he called out that name. The name that Sungmin treasured forever. The name that Sungmin held as his strength to live his life. The name that meant everything to him. “I love you Hyung..I love you too..I..I miss you..”

 

 **

As usual Sungmin went to the rooftop at recess, he often spent his time there all by himself, taking some time to get out from his life. Just for a while.

 

Finally when he arrived there, the rooftop was surprisingly empty. Theres no one there beside him. He smiled a little and then walked to his favorite place.

He lowered his knees and started to settle himself, rested his back to the wall and slowly closing his brown eyes. The wind blew his dark hair away. Making it messier than ever, but he didn’t care about it. He just sat there and enjoying every minute of it. Suddenly his phone rang, Sungmin perked up as he heard it and quickly answered the call.

 

“Hello..”

 

“Sungmin-ah?” Sungmin tilted his head a bit, he knew well the owner of that voice.

 

“Yes, mom. What’s the matter?”

 

“I want you to go home right away after school is over. Theres something I want to talk about to you. Its urgent”

 

“Allright Mom, I’ll get there as soon as possible”

 

“Good, then I’ll be waiting for you”

 

“Okay Mom, bye” Sungmin turned off his cell phone quickly.

 

Something urgent, hm. He smirked and lay his head back again. I wonder what is all about, is it about her job again?.

He started to think about it but, after working his brain finding the right answer he ended up with nothing. Finally he surrender and start to shut his eyes again. The wind blew softly, brushing Sungmin’s skin and hair. Making him feel easy until he finally fell into a deep sleep.

 

**

 

Sungmin stood up and rang the house bell, he waited until someone opened the door. He can hear foot steps approaching the gate and unlocking the gate’s lock. An older woman appeared and its his mother. She quickly let him in and locked the gate. After took both of his shoes off, he walked acrossed the corridor and went to the living room. Following his mother steps. He realized theres something different, he saw an older man twice his age sitting on the couch. He wore a dark brown coat and sipping a cup of coffee.

 

Sungmin noticed it from the usual cup that his mom used to drink a coffe, he also knew that the older man is an important person. Because his mom never let a minor person used that antique cup. When their eyes met, he quickly bowed at him. The older man rise from his sit and bowed back to him.

 

After that, Sungmin put his bag on the nearest table and sit on the other couch. His eyes still glued on him. Wondering who is the older man that sat side by side with his mother.

 

“Sungmin-ah..”

 

“Yes, Mom? What do you want to talk about?”

 

“I want you to meet him” She smiled while introducing her son to the older man.

 

“Lee Sungmin”

“Cho Jungshin” Sungmin nodded, shaked his hand with Mr.Jungshin’s hand. He put a thin smile on his face and then went right back to his seat. The room became silent, Sungmin looked at his mother. He took a deep breath, playing his finger on his lap.

 

Sungmin knew theres something wrong, he can tell by the look of his mother face. She looked tense and nervous, then she exchange look with Jungshin.

Sungmin swear he sees Jungshin’s finger sliping on his mother’s hand, holding it tightly.

 

“Well…” she raised her voice.

 

“Sungmin, I want you to tell me the truth okay? Im going to ask you about something and I really need to know how you feel about it”

 

“A'ight Mom..” Now its getting worse, Sungmin felt his hands sweating. He became nervous too. He lowered his head for a while and then looked back at his mother eyes. Prepared for the question, that she’ll give to him.

 

“So..What do you want to ask Mom? Is it something important?”

“Yes it is..Sungmin” She held Jungshin’s hand tighter, while Sungmin waiting for her question.

 

“Do you ever think of me getting married again?” Sungmin’s eyes widened as his mother asked him the question, he was surprised with it. He never thought about it before. So this is what is all about, Sungmin sighed deeply while looking at his mother face.

“You mean?” “Is it okay with you if I remarried? I mean, I know it was too sudden for you to think about it. But, I want to know how you feel about it” Sungmin shutted his eyes and replaying the question on his head again. He still doesn’t know what say.

 

‘Come on Sungmin think!’ Sungmin mumbled in audible voice.

 

 

His mother still looked at him worriedly, waiting for her son answer.

“Well, I never said that I don’t allow you to get married again. Beside, what I really want is you to be happy, Mom. So..I guess its o..okay” Sungmin said it clearly, he already controlled his emotion.

 

His tone doesn’t sound wavery at all, but he still not sure with his answer. He loved his mother so much, but he still thinking is this the right choice for her to take. After all hes worried that his mother got hurt by Jungshin. He don’t want to see his mother cried again, not after his father had done to her.

 

“Is this mean you approved my decision? You don’t mind at all?”

Sungmin clears his troath before continuing. “Yes I do and I don’t mind at all. I give you my permission to remarried Mom”

 

 

“Seriously?” She stared at Sungmin’s face with disbelief look. Sungmin nodded, he put his best smile on his face. Trying to hide his emotion.

 “Oh, dear..Oh, dear..Thank you so much” His mother hugged him tightly in her arms, smiled happily. He returned the hug and slowly patting his mother back. He smiled a little.

 

“Im so happy that you agreed and gave the permission, Oh dear thank you so much” She pecked both Sungmin’s cheek, making her son felt uneasy about it. Sungmin doesn’t like it when his mom kissing him, not in front other people.

 

“Yah Mom, stop it..Not in front of Jungshin-ahjussi” he pulled away from his mother hug and throw his look away. He felt so embarrassed.

 

“Aw, Im sorry dear” she poke her son cheek and smiled at him. Sungmin rolled his eyes and puffed his cheek. Continued with his mother laughing after looking at his cutesy face.

Jungshin chuckled looking at Sungmin reaction after Hye Rin hugged him. He smiled at Sungmin and amazed with the young boy answer. He’s still a kid but yet he can act as a mature guy, he appreciate his mother feeling and willing to gave his permission for her to remarried.

 

He instantly knew that Sungmin loved his mother very much.

 

He knew its not an easy decision to make, but he can bare with it and give the right decision. Jungshin felt gratefull for that.  “Now you have to tell me, who is the guy that’ll become my step-father?” Sungmin grinned while looking at his mother face, playing dumb. He already knew who is the lucky guy to have his mother.

 

“Its Jungshin, dear. He’ll be your step-father”

 

“I’ll try my best Sungmin. I promise to look after you and your mother. I wont disappoint you and you don’t have to call me father right away, it takes time I know. And I don’t want you to rush it, just take it slow and I hope we’ll get a long well soon” Jungshin bowed at him. Replied by Sngmin’s thin smile.

 

“We’re going to get married in December. After Christmas, we think.. it’s the right time to do it.”

 

Sungmin looked at his cellphone callender. Its still September now, that means 3 more month until the big day. “And, the last thing is..I’ll be going with Jungshin for business trip for a couple of months. Starting tomorrow” Sungmin gulped, he was surprised again. But this time he kind a shocked. His mother is going to get married and now she still got to go into a business trip again.

 

“Is she serious”, he asked to himself.

 

“You’re getting married and now you still want to go into a business trip? Mom be serious, you can’t do that! I mean, you got to arrange the wedding and all the stuff. How you do that if you still have to go to work? And, and where are you going Mom? Busan again? Did you already asked your boss to take a couple of days off? Im sure he can tolerate it if you tell him that you’re getting married on december, please Mom you don’t have to force yourself” pouted Sungmin, he worried about his mom condition.

 

“Honey..Jungshin-sshi is my boss. He’s the one that asked me to go to Europe to help him sort out some problems at Paris and England. While we’re working there we can arrange things too, beside he already booked the place for our wedding ceremony. So, don’t worry honey I’ll be fine there but, thank you for your concern dear. It means a lot for me. With his help, I’ll be just fine” Hye Rin smiled at Jungshin, rubbing his shoulder gently.

“Ohh..ookay then” answered Sungmin, he smiled weakly after hearing his mother answer. “Uhm, Mom. If you’re going tomorrow, don’t forget to leave some money in the drawer. You don’t want your son starved to death, right? I’ll be fine if you could save some extra money for me too and it’ll be just fine for me to live all by myself haha! Finally!” shouted Sungmin happily.

 

“No, no, no dear. Do you think I’ll be leaving a 17 year old boy all alone here?! You practically turns this house upside down when Im back from Europe!” Before Sungmin say another words, Jungshin suddenly cut him.

“Sungmin, my son will be here tomorrow. We already talked about it before. He’ll be staying here and watch over you. We decide it’ll be great to let him stay with you for a while. After we got married, will buy a new house around here. He’ll transferred to your school too, in Wednesday he’ll be your senior”

 

Sungmin rolled his eyes, starting to get annoyed. ‘Watching over me? For real?’

“He’s now in 12th grade, Sungmin. He can help you with your studies too” added Hye Rin. Sungmin just sat there in silence. Oh God, this is so annoying! Whats with mom, why can she just leave me alone?! Beside im already 16 now, I can take care of myself! I can cook and clean too! Daamn! I don’t need him, I’ll be just fine all by myself. “But Mom… I don’t ne..”

 

“Nope, that’s my final decision. Bare with it!” Sungmin shrugged his head, he really hates it when his mom do all the decision. Jeez..  

“Believe me, this will be great. He’s a nice boy and you’ll get close to him in no time, Dear!” Sungmin nodded half-heartedly, he throw his gaze to the other side of the room. He don’t want to looked at his mom, not now.

 

“Min..Just try it for me, okay? Beside sooner or later he’ll be livin with us too, we’re going to be a family. And whats a family if they don’t know each other well, right? Please honey..”

 

“Haah..Allright mom. I’ll try my best..” Sungmin got off from the couch, he walked to the kitchen and grab orange juice bottle. He quickly headed to his room.

“One more thing” He turn backward with a lousy face, staring at his mother.

 

“His name is Kyuhyun”