The Royal Dance Party

Dream Cinderella Story

The view of the royal castle drew near as the carriage came close. I can saw that the castle was huge, tall and amazing. All covered in white with stone accent in its wall. And the Towers stood highly to the sky, almost touched the cloud. All the windows shone because the light inside. The garden was decorated beautifully because of the party. I looked at it all in amazement. I ever lived in a castle like that before in my previous adventures. But I never saw a great castle like this. And suddenly I felt jealous to Okada.

 

The carriage moved slower as the front stairs came closer. Then it finally stopped in the front of the stair. Lucky jumped from his seat and opened the door for me. He offered his hand to me. I put my hand in his palm and stepped out from the carriage.

 

“Have a super good time,” he said to me.

 

I took my hand off from him and looked at him. He just smiled. So, I smiled too in return and said, “Thank you.”

 

He nodded.

 

I turned my gaze at the stairs and wide opened door in front of me. I raised my gown a bit so I didn’t step on it and walk freely. I walked up in that stairs and entered the door. I walked alone in the corridor to the next opened door. Then, I arrived in the ballroom.

 

When I stood at the upper side of the stairs that lead to the ballroom floor, suddenly all the noises in that floor stopped and all those eyes turned to me. They were looking at me in an awe and amazement, as if I was the most beautiful princess that just appeared in their dreams. Somehow, I felt nervous and wanted to run away from that place with all those eyes looked at me, instead of came down and danced with the prince.

 

Oh! I almost forget about the prince. I ignored my awkward feelings and start to look for Okada. I found him in the middle of the crowd. He stared at me in silent and amazement. He even ignored a beautiful young lady with a soft blue gown in front of him. He looked more gorgeous and handsome with the white suit. Perhaps because my gown, I felt hardly breathe to see him in the suit. He’s totally drop dead gorgeous. I walked down the stair. I have to watch my step because I didn’t want to step my own gown and fell. It truly embarrassed if it happened.

 

When I arrived at the lower step of the stairs and the ballroom floor, Okada already stood in front of me. He stood there, glared at me and said none. I just looked at him and bowed gracefully. I never saw him so quite like that and shy too.

 

“Okay, your highness,” I said. “If you wanted to ask me for a dance, you should better raise your hand now.” I ended my words with a smile, felt a bit silly with his attitude.

 

But, Okada raised his hand and offered it to me. I placed my hand on his big palm. He rounded his other hand in my waist, pulled me closer to his body and led my way to the dance floor in a waltz dance. A pair of his big eyes stared at me closely. Nothing were said from his lips, but I can see he stared at me in disbelieve look. I smiled.

 

“Is there anything wrong?” I asked.

 

“Ah… oh… no…,” he stammered. “I… I mean… I…” He glanced down than looked at me straight to the eyes. I could see he blushed. Maybe because something that was on his mind. “You’re beautiful.” He said while held his breathe in anticipation.

 

I gasped in surprise, never thought that I will got a flattery like that. Seeing his attitude, I thought he has gained many of his courage to say it to me. I can felt my cheeks were going hotter and hotter… I think I’m blushing too. I dropped my gaze. “Thank you.” That’s all I can to say, without looking at him or a pair of his big charming eyes.

 

“But… can I enjoy this moment for now?” he asked.

 

I looked up and stared at him again.

 

“I want to enjoy my time danced with you.”

 

I smiled and nodded. Then, our dance continued.

 

Okada stole a glance over my shoulder to someone (or more than one) behind my back. I tried to look to that direction too but he hushed me, stopped me for doing that. I looked at him again.

 

“What?”

 

He was grinned, wanted to laugh but it turned out to be a wide smile. “Don’t you think that Morita, Miyake and Sakamoto-san looked odd in that gown?”

 

I giggled. “Yes,” I said between my giggles.

 

“But it’s very rare to see them in that outfits,” he stared at me again. “Even if we’re on a variety show.” He took his breathe again. “And… it’s strange to dance with them and to consider them as ladies.”

 

I went to giggle again. “I think I can imagine it.”

 

Suddenly, his eyes that were starring at me, looked soft and deep, leaved a strange tingled feeling in my stomach (I’m not hungry, okay?) and my heart pounded faster. I also found myself hardly breathe as he looked at me.

 

“And I never dreamt to dance with a sweet and beautiful girl like you.”

 

My laugh turned into a shy smile. I bit my lower lip, almost blushed. I felt shy that he praised me. Okada stopped and released his arm from my waist but still held my hand.

 

“Come on. I want to take you somewhere.”

 

Then, he led me out from the ballroom to a garden outside. The garden was beautiful and filled with much different kind of beautiful flowers. We walked in the garden until I complained about my feet which started to hurt in pain. He asked me to sit in the bench, to rest. I obeyed and sat. Then I took a small glance to my toes and heels to make sure that they were still in good condition. Unconsciously, Okada kneeled down before me, worried about my feet too.

 

“Sorry,” I apologized while did a light massage on my calf. “I’m not used with the high-heels shoes. My mom never wants me to use high-heels because I’m not used with them.” Then I looked up, just to find his face just three inches closer to mine.

 

He looked confuse and surprise as I did. We’re just starring at each other, could not afford for saying any single words.

 

Suddenly, a silent between us. Okada looked down to the tile while I drew back my body and looked up to the starry night sky. The sky seemed bright, showed the starry stars above us. I never saw it before. It was an awkward moment. Usually, on our previous adventures, he said many things to me, even yelled at me in anger because I made him involved in this of strange puzzle world. But, this time, he went perfectly shy and quiet.

 

“This night is beautiful,” I started to talk and I was succeeding to draw his attention to me.

 

Okada looked up and stared me. I, myself, gazed down and saw him.

 

“Come on. Say something.” I felt huffed. “I don’t like to guess what’s on your mind and what you’re trying to say. I remind you. If you didn’t say anything, I guess we’ll be running out of time.”

 

“Yeah,” he said. “You’ll need to get home in about…” He cast his glance at the huge clock at one of the castle towers then looked at me again. “…15 minutes again.”

 

“So… what do you want to say?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“I’m sure you have something to say,” I guessed. “If not, why are you brought me here for no reason? Am I right?”

 

Okada opened his mouth but there’re nothing came out from his mouth. It seemed like his tongue got tied and what he can did is just starring at me. I waited him to say something and disappointed because he said nothing. I gazed down to the tiled floor.

 

“Take off your glove,” he said.

 

I stared at him, confused. “Huh?”

 

“Take off your right glove,” he repeated.

 

I took off my right glove. He took something out from his pocket and took my bare hand. Then, he put a ring in my finger. I went silent when I saw the ring. I looked at him, totally confused and looking for an explanation.

 

“I took this ring from our previous adventure,” he said, but didn’t give me any explanations with his answer. He kissed my hand. And while held my hand, he stared at me and said, “As you know that I am the shyest person in V6.”

 

I still silent but nodded.

 

“And I’m also a type of man that not well with spoken words, especially to a woman, and finding that this is so difficult for me…” He dropped his gaze to my hand. “But…”

 

“Are you trying to out from the storyline?” I asked.

 

Okada stared straight to my eyes. “No.”

 

“Okay,” I said, felt relief.

 

“What I’m trying to say is…” He sighed and inhaled his breathe. “You’re remarkably beautiful this night and I want you to keep this ring because I wish that I can to see you again.”

 

“But we can’t,” I said to his disappointment and slipped my hands from his hands. “After this, we will return to our daily life. I’ll return to my boring daily life and you’ll return to your superstar daily life.”

 

“Yes, it’s true. But I’m sure I will find you.”

 

“What ?!” I felt surprise as he said that.

 

“If I find you, can you promise me that you’ll become my friend?”

 

I went silent for a moment. “Yes. Of course.” I still a bit confused. “But, how can you find me? You even don’t know who I am. And there’re so many girls in this world.”

 

“Somehow,” he said. “I’ll try.”

 

I looked at him and found that he was sure that he will find me. “Okay, I promise.” Even though, I felt it was truly impossible to me.

 

“Thank you.” He released my hand.

 

I smiled again then looked at the huge clock. I still have a minute before midnight. I stood up. Okada followed.

 

“It’s almost midnight,” I reminded him.

 

He cast his glance to the clock again. “Yes.” Then he looked back at me. “Don’t forget to leave your shoe. So I can find you.”

 

“Oh yeah.” I put my hand on his shoulder and took my left shoe. I gave it to him. “Here.”

 

“Thanks.”

 

“So… see you?”

 

“Yes,” he replied in soft way.

 

Then that awkward moment came again. We just stood and gazed at each others. Slowly, he leaned himself forward and drew himself closer to me, wanted to lock my lips with his loving kiss. My heart beat faster when I saw his face drew closer.

 

*Dang*

 

Just before his lips touched my lips, the clock started to sound loudly. I turned to look to the clock as Okada gazed down and moved backward, away from me. It was twelve o’clock sharp and I had to go. I looked him again.

 

“I had to go,” I said in hurry.

 

“Yes.” He nodded in disappointment.

 

I looked at him one last time and I ran pass his side to his left. I knew that I couldn’t run through the ballroom. So I took the shortcut through the garden. He turned around to look me.

 

“Wait.”

 

I stopped and turned around.

 

“You even haven’t told me your name.”

 

“Cinderella ??” I said unsure.

 

“No. Your real name in the real world.”

 

“Oh.” I smiled, realized my foolish thought. “Azelia,” I answered. “Azelia Tussela (it’s my real name, I’m not lying and this part is true).”

 

Okada smiled. “See you again, Azelia.”

 

I nodded and ran as fast as I could to reach my carriage, which is shamely, already return to its original old shape. I jumped into the cart and told Lucky to run as fast as he could. I left from that castle and from that incredibly great dream that I ever had.

 

-To Be Continue-