Tears

Complicated Love

 

 
 
 
 
Narrator- 
 
 
A week has passed since Seungho rushed out of your house.. You texted him and called him a few times, out of worry, but he did not return any of it.. 
 
But on the Monday, he suddenly came back to school.. 
 
 
 
 
Your pov- 
 
 
Just when class was about to start, the door slammed open.. Everyone got a shock by the loud thud.. 
 
It was Seungho.. His eye bags became darker and more noticable.. His eyes looked a bit red as if he had been crying.. His jawline was not fat and he seemed like he slimmed down.. What happened? 
 
"Seungho-sshi.. Please go to your seat so that we can start class.." The teacher commanded.. 
 
The teacher had a look of pity in his eyes.. Does he know what happened? 
Seungho bowed and went to his seat.. I looked at him but he didn't return my glance.. The worry in my heart increased.. 
 
 
--Lunch break-- 
 
 
After lessons were over, i tried approaching Seungho but he speedily packed up his things and went down without a word.. Why is he acting this way? I went out too but he was nowhere to be found.. Not even at the roof.. I walked around the school but i couldn't find him.. Just then, it hit me.. 
 
He looked just like how i did when i felt like alone.. Think Hae Yoon.. Where would i go if i felt alone? 
 
Thats it! Somewhere quiet where there is nobody to bother me! Somewhere where no one would notice so that i can clear my thoughts.. 
 
I ran towards the library but he wasnmt there.. I ran to all the corners but there was nobody! Wait a minute, there's one place i haven't checked! 
THE FIELD!! I immediately ran to the field.. But he wasn't there either.. Just as i was walking round the corner, i heard muffled sobs and sniffles.. 
 
And there he was, sitting there with his back leaned against the wall with outstretched legs.. If he's smart to hide here, then i'm smarter to have found him.. 
 
He looked up at me with glassy eyes.. There was tiredness in his eyes.. He had been crying a lot.. 
 
"How.. Did you find me?" He asked inbetween the sniffles.. 
I sat next to him with the same position.. 
"I guess, fate just brought us here.." 
 
I didn't ask anything because seeing him like this, i didn't want to sprinkle salt on the wound.. 
"There's lots of things you want to know right?" He spoke up after a long pause..
I nodded,"You don't have to say them if it hurts.. Just like what you said to me before, just cry if you want.." 
 
Suddenly, he turned and hugged me.. I tensed up and a blush worked its way to my cheek.. My heart was beating as fast as a leopard chasing its prey! 
"Seu-Seungho-ah.." I called out..  I wanted to escape from his grasp but he mumbled in my ear,"Can we just stay like this for awhile?" 
 
A certain sadness that i knew very well was in his voice.. I decided to just let him hug me and i responded by hugging him back and patting him lightly.. I could feel his tears staining my uniform..
"My.. My grandfather.. He's gone.." 
 
I was shocked by his words.. But i continued patting him.. I knew the pain of losing someone you love really well.. 
"Its ok.. Everything's gonna be alright.. You have to be strong in this period even though i know its not easy.. Your grandfather wouldn't like seeing you so depressed right now so you have to be strong.. You'll join him in heaven someday too but for now, just know that he's forever in your heart.. He's not gone yet.." 
 
 
 
 
Seungho pov- 
 
 
Her words shot me like a bullet.. It was a wake up call to me.. She was right.. I wiped away the tears and let go of her.. 
"You're right.. I should be strong.. I must be a man!" 
"Thats the spirit!" We both hi-fived each other.. 
 
Just then, i noticed the stain on her uniform which i ha caused.. I went red.. 
"Emm.. You might wanna change your uniform.. Its stained.." I looked away.. 
 
"Its ok.. Its not like people can see through it.. .. Right?" She asked doubtfully.. 
 
"If i can't see through it, why am i looking away now.." 
 
"Right! I should probably go change.. Thankfully, there's a spare uniform in my locker.." She said.. 
 
I turned back to her.. She was smiling.. Her smile was beautiful.. My heart raced.. Being with Hae Yoon always makes me happy even in times of good or bad like now.. Its mysterious.. 
 
 
 
 
Narrator- 
 
And just like that, it made the bond and friendship between the two of you grow deeper.. And maybe feelings would grow? I don't know~! 
 
A month passed and everything was back to normal until an announcement from Seungho's father came.. 
 
 
 
Seungho pov- 
 
 
When i was about to head back into my room, my father called out to me and told me to sit with him.. 
I sat on the oppsite of him and he began,"Seungho-ah, there's an important party that we have to attend as a family.. Its on this Saturday night at 8pm.. Its a grand party for the celebration of the Jung's success.. And as you know, our company has a close friendship with them so i hope you will attend it.." 
 
I nodded but he continued,"You have to bring a partner along as there will be a dance too.. I can easily find one for you or would you rather have a pick of your own choice?" 
 
Just then, one person immediately came to my mind.. 
"Actually father, i already have someone in mind.. Would you allow it?" 
 
"Yes, sure.. Oh and, i hope its a lady.." He mischievously smiled.. 
I chuckled and replied,"Yes, she's a lady.. I'll take her to the party and i'm sure you and mother would like her.." 
 
He gave a satisfied smile and said,"Alright, i have high expectations.. Don't let me down.." 
 
I smiled and went back to my room.. How should i ask her? 
 
 
 
--the next day-- (lunch break) 
 
{Thursday} 
 
"Hae Yoon-ah.. Would you like to be my partner for a party i have to attend on this Saturday?" I asked.. 
 
She stared at me in surprise.. 
I chuckled at her reaction.. "Don't get me wrong.. Its an important company party and i wouldn't like dancing with any other unknown girl.." 
 
"Oh.. I see, but i don't have an outfit that will match with such a grand party as that.." 
 
"And thats why, i'm going to take you shopping for suits and dresses and such tomorrow evening after school.. " 
 
"Umm.. Ok sure.." She nodded.. 
 
"Thanks!" We then continued eating.. 
 
 
My mind kept pondering on what kind of dress would suit Hae Yoon the best.. I couldn't concentrate in class either.. This is the first time i'm actually excited for a company party.. I wonder why.. 
 
 
 
 
-----------------------------------------------------------
 

Dear readers, 

 

 

Its a double update today! I'll try to make it a triple update but i haven't thought about how the party would progress and all so give me some time and it should be up around midnight.. 

If you don't like how fast or slow the story is progressing, leave a comment below or if you have an opinion! 

 

Thanks for reading!! Bye~ 

 

Author Hyunmin