Chapter One

Loving You

Jong Kook's POV

"Hyung! My son had a very high fever. I can't go to work today as my wife went overseas." Haha pratically shouted through the phone.

"Omo, Take care of him Haha. I'll be okay by myself here"

"Mianhae hyung. I'll make it up to you" Haha said

"It's okay my dongseng" and he hung up.

You see, Haha is my intern in the hospital. Well, he is my best friend and half assistant actually. He use to get my coffee everyday from different type of cafe's but when there's a new cafe's open, called the 'Mong cafe', I found my right type of coffee.

I need to get my daily dose of caffeine today. It's the first time I'm buying myself. I park in front of the shop and went it.

"A cup of Frappacino, sugar free and make it quick" I said to a girl at the counter with her back facing me.

She turned around and I swear I saw the most beautiful smile ever. "Right on it Mr. It will only take a second." She said.

I can't help but to admire her in her personalities and her cute character. I didn't know how long was a staring at her until she place a paper bag in front of me. "There is it Mr. Enjoy!" She smiled again. "Thank You, How much is it?" I asked. "Well, we always have free drink for the first time customer" She said refusing my money. "Oh. Thanks!"I said

"Please come again" I heard  the angelic voice as I walked out the door.

"I will" and I smiled.

 

When I reached my office, I took a sip of the coffee and my oncall-pager ring. I grunt and put the coffee on my desk and ran out to the ward I was called to.

After 6 hours in the operation room, I was tired by the time I reached my office. I fall on my chair and closed my eyes."Tough day huh?" I opened my eyes and saw Jaesuk in front of me. He is a profesional surgeon and never fail once. "Hey Hyung" I said and sat upstraight.

He reach to my cup of coffee I bought this morning and said "You know, coffee everyday's not healthy" "My life saver hyung" Before he managed to say another word, our pager ring. We both sighed. "You're going?" He asked. "ER. You?" "Same" He answered. "Looks likes there's some sorta of accident"

 

"What do we got here" I asked when I opened a curtain and same a familiar figure sitting on the bed with her back to me."Five cars pile up cause by a drunk driver" a nurse said "Dr.Kim, this girl doesn't want to get a CT scan. She hit her head". "I'm fine. I don't need a CT scan" The voice sounded familiar. As i walked up in front of her, she is the girl this morning. "Omo, You're a doctor?" She asked and I nodded. "Kim Jong Kook. Kim Jong Kook-ssi, I'm fine. Can I go back now?" She asked and gave me a smiled. I almost died there. I looked down at the clipboard and saw her name "Song Ji Hyo-ssi you need to do at least some check up so that we know there's nothing growing in your head" She pouted and said "Fine, only the head'

It tooks a few minutes for the scan. And then she say "Can I go back now?" "You can but you need to come back here 5 days later to check again" She sighed and nodded. I reached to my pocket and took out a lolipop for her. SHe looked at me with her blank expression. "For being a good girl for doing the scan" I smiled.

"Thank you" She said. "I gotta get going, see you soon or tomorrow Song Ji Hyo-ssi" I said and left. 

"I like her"

 

Jihyo's POV

The most handsome doctor I've ever see.  Kim Jong Kook. I can actually fall for him for his cute small eyes and his muscular body. "Yah Song Ji Hyo! You can't! You know that this will hurt him!"

Was lost in my thoughts until a voice came to me "Yah! Ji Hyo! Are you alright?" Dong Wook said. He's my best friend and he helps me in the cafe. I nodded and we went to his car. We're silent in the car until he broke it "What's on that mind?" He asked. I answered "Oppa,You see, erm, I sorta, uh... a doctor was treating me just now and uhh... I was.. kinda... sorta... attracted to him?..." He looked at me and smiled "Jihyo ah, you know---" "I know oppa I know. It's selfish. I'm controlling myself. I swear I wouldn't fall in love again" I cut him off. He said again " Jihyo ah, You have to move on. You can't let it conquer your life forever. I know you've been hurt but just give it a try. He's a doctor, He'll understand" "Nobody stays when they know, mum left, Gary left, everyone left" "I'm still here you know?" he smiled. "And I'm not leaving your side"

"Thanks Oppa" I gave him a weak smile. No one has ever saw my weak side except for Dong Wook oppa. He is like a brother to me.

"Promise me you'll give it a try?" Dong Wook asked. I nodded.

I lay on my bed and stared at the ceiling

Flashback

"Yah! You're seriously leaving?"

"I'm sorry! I can't live with this. Facing her makes me guilty"

I was only 10.

My father and mother are arguing in the living room.

"Take care of her for me. Tell her I'm sorry" my mum said.

Tears start forming in my eyes. My mum left. Because of me.

 

"Gary oppa...." I was crying.

"I'm sorry Jihyo ah" He hug me and left.

It was the last time I saw him. Gary left.

End Flashback

 

Tears flow down my cheek. They both left. Because of me. Because of my ICD. My implanted heart.

 

 

Here's chapter one. How was it?

Please comment and subscribe :)