5 Years Ago

Description

A flashback of how Dujun and Yoseob met 5 years ago

Foreword

Hello AFF \O/

kkkkk, i was so bored and suddenly come up with this idea. It's hard to mix-combining a fact story with some fiction in it. But i've tried my best. hope you'll like it ^^ oh, and here's a link to some of their cyworld post: http://dooseoblove.wordpress.com/2010/02/18/dooseob-speaking-in-their-own-language/

 

 

 

“We’ll take an hour break.”

The six boys collapsed. Full of sweat as they took a deep breath of relieved. It’s only D-2 to their Busan Concert. Dujun sat down near the huge mirror of their training room. Watching s from far. Hyunseung didn’t stop dancing, trying to make his move as perfect as always. Junhyung goes near the big air conditioner, squatting to get some fresh air. Gikwang and Dongwoon joking around together with Yoseob following.

It’s been a while since they got an intense practicing like this. The last one was before B2UTY Gather and Seoul Concert. It reminds Dujun how back then on their rookie days, everything they do was practice, practice and practice. Polishing up their choreo, their lines, everything so that they’ll always have a perfect  stage.

But ever since they reach a good position, tons of schedules keeps on flowing, killing their practice time. Now, rehearsals are the only way to pay it. Concentrating 100% on rehearsals like it’s the real show. It makes Dujun misses the old times. Misses how diligent they were before their debut.

“Dujunah.. you okay?”

A low but sweet voice hits Dujun’s mind back to reality. A small figure stands in front of Dujun with a worried expression. Dujun smiled seeing Yoseob, “I’m okay.”

“Really? Your eyebrows didn’t look like it’s okay though.”

Yoseob pulls out his fingers, putting it between the leader’s eyebrows, trying to erase the frown on it.

“I’m okay.. just, having a flashback of our debut days.” He answered, smile still on his face.

“Hmmm..”

Yoseob then sat next to Dujun, putting his head on Dujun’s shoulder and linking their arms.

“I’m sleepy.”

“Sleep then.”

“But it’s only an hour.” whined Yoseob.

“Better than not having any. I’ll wake you up before it starts.”

“Hmm.. okay.”

Yoseob close his eyes. Slowly but sure, his breath goes steady. Signaling that he’s already asleep. Dujun watches the younger boy’s face. He must be so tired with concert preparation and his musical.

He fixed Yoseob’s position. Putting Yosoeb’s head on his lap so the boy could be more comfortable. He his hands on Yoseob’s hair slowly. It also has been a long time since he met the boy. Well not as long as Gikwang and Dongwoon, but it’s really a memorable one. A memory that Dujun will never forget.

 

 

******************************

5 years ago….

 

“Im Seulong.”

“Jokwon.”

“There are five people left. Among these people, 3, unfortunately, will be eliminated from Hot Blood.” Said the MC.

8 out of 13 Hot Blood Men members already called out by the MC. Dujun, Being one of the 5 members left, feels so nervous. He can clearly hear his own heart beats fast. He maybe only trained for 1 year, but the hope to be chosen is of course as big as the others.

“I will call out the names of the two not eliminated.”

“Lee Junho!”

Only one spot left. Jinwoon’s already in tears. He didn’t join the last performance, he must have known that he won’t be chosen.

“The last person is.. Im Daehun.”

“Leeschi, Jung Jinwoon, Yoon Dujun.. you are eliminated.”

Dujun feels butterflies in his stomach. Not a good one of course. His eyes feels warm and wet. He knew it. He knows already that he won’t be one of them. A year trainee being up against an eight years trainee like Jokwon is something that he realized since the beginning. He won’t be able to beat all the years that Jokwon and the others have gone through. He realized all of those, but Jinwoon’s sobbing sound and Leeschi’s tears didn’t stop Dujun to not having tears either.

He cried and the qualified members hugged them all in tears. Patting, congratulating and encouraging each others. It’s okay, I’ll only cry for tonight. Tomorrow is another day.

 

***********************

 

Dujun stands in front of an old building not far from JYPE. He stared at the building and took a glance on a sheet of paper with an address on it then back to the building two times to make sure he didn’t go to a wrong address.

“Yep. This is it.”

He took a deep breath and walks in. After he got disqualified from Hot Blood Men, Dujun took a month of rest, trying to compose himself back before making a new start. A call from an ex-representative of JYPE, Hong SeungSung comes last week, exactly after a month passed. He asked Dujun if he wants to try all over again on a new company that he runs. After some persuading and convincing that he has the talent for that spotlight, Dujun agreed. He got the address and there he is now.

Dujun walks to the receptionist of the building called CUBE (he found out the name after seeing some big posters with a blue cubic and a black color font written CUBE ENTERTAINMENT sticking on the wall). He asked if he could meet Mr.Hong by telling her that he already made an appointment. The receptionist let him in. He continued his walk and passed a big training room. Big for an old building like this and with only a few, no.. actually only two boys, practicing.

Two short boys are practicing their dance. Dujun watched them enthusiastically. The first one wears a black hoodie with a black beanie and jeans. His hair is quiet long for a guy since it peeks out from his beanie. And the other one use a stripped colorful baggy shirt with a snapback and a jeans. His face is so small, Dujun thought.

“Enough sight-seeing?”

Dujun flinched. He turns around and saw Mr.Hong stands behind him with a fatherly smile. He only answered with an awkward smile, embarrassed because he just got caught peeking.

“Let’s get in.”

Dujun followed Mr. Hong entered the training room. The two kids stop their dance immediately when they saw them entered.

“How’s practice today? Does it goes well?” Mr. Hong asked.

“Yes sajangnim. We’re practicing some dance move that we’ve made.” Answered the beanie boy. Mr. Hong nods. “Today, I want to introduced you to a new trainee. He just moved out from JYPE a month ago.”

Dujun steps in and bowed. “Yoon Dujun.”

“AH! Hot Blood Men!” Shout the small face boy. Dujun flinched at the mention of the show. It really affect him eventhough he had try to forget it.

“Yes, I was from that show.”

Both of them nodded. “But I like your voice!” Shout the small face boy, smiling so so brightly.

Dujun blushed. But don’t understand why. Is it because of the compliment? Well he rarely get one when he was on the show. It’s always Junsu-hyung, Jokwon and Seulong who got one. He did win on vocal test before, but this is the first time someone compliment his voice sincerely. Or is it because of his pretty bright smile? Dujun really didn’t understand it.

“Hello, my name is Yang Yoseob! And he’s Lee Gikwang. We’re both the only trainee here now LOL. Sajangnim is still recruiting trainee since he left JYPE. I was from JYPE, too but I’ve spent five years at MBoat before joining CUBE. Got a phone call from Gikwang, teehee.” Explain the boy enthusiastically.

“Yoseobah, you’re too much, we’re not the only one.. haha.. by the way, I’m Lee Gikwang. Transferred from JYPE together with Hong-sajangnim!” He smiled, eyes disappeared, transforming into a cute crescent.

“He’s CUBE first ever trainee for your information!” Yoseob snaps in. “He cut the ribbon together with sajangnim!”

“Yah! Yoseobah! Stop making stories!” the three of them laughs.

“Well, Nice to meet you then.”

“Nice to meet you, too.”

Dujun shook hands with both of them. This marks a new start for Dujun and his dream.

 

***********************

 

Dujun knows he’s not a good dancer. Ever since he trained with the Hot Blood members, he’s always in the vocal line. His prospect is always to be in a ballad group. That’s why he ends up having a night schedule for dance class now.

Gikwang had left the training room earlier. He went to the gym room for some exercise, leaving Dujun and Yoseob alone. Dujun stands in front of the huge mirror, practicing some steps that he couldn’t mastered during the lesson. Yoseob watches from afar.

“1.. 2.. 3.. 4…. 1.. 2.. 3.. 4….”

“No no no! You missed the beat again!” Shout Yoseob, surprising Dujun.

“Yoseobah, you’re still here? I thought you left with Gikwang.”

“How could I leave you here alone when you still couldn’t mastered the dance?” He said. “I’ll help you.”

Dujun feels a warm feeling in his chest. A weird tingling one. He can’t help but smile. A wide thankful grin plastered on his face.

“Stop smiling like an idiot! Come on, follow my steps.” Snaps Yoseob. The younger boy blushed, making him even more cuter. Another weird feeling comes. A sudden urge to jump on Yoseob and showered him with kisses. But he quickly swept away the weird thought and start following Yoseob’s steps before the night ends.

 

 

Dujun knows he’s good at singing. But he never knows that Yoseob, who compliment his singing, is a good.. no.. a better – a way way way better singer than he is. Dujun will give the boy 9.8 out of 10 for Yoseob’s singing (Dujun will keep the 0.2 for the future, yeah, he’ll give it later).

He found this out after the vocal evaluation. Yoseob sang a ballad song, Cracks of the Broken Heart by Eric Benet, perfectly. Giving Dujun a goosebumps and mesmerized by the soothing voice. This boy could do anything, but why he’s not debuted yet? Was the question that keeps on going on Dujun’s head.

“Why I’m not debuted yet?” asked Yoseob, repeating the question –Dujun finally asked him after the evaluation is over.

Dujun nodded.

“I don’t know either.” Said Yoseob. “Well, I got bad grades during my JYPE days. I got kicked out less than a month. Haha. While MBoat, it goes bankrupt on my 5th year.. so that’s why I ended up here, still a trainee.”

Dujun nodded again, understanding the situation.

“Dujunah, stop nodding. Your idiot face is so cute. I feel like I wanna kiss you now.”

Dujun was taken aback by Yoseob’s words. His eyes grew two times bigger than usual. Yoseob chuckled at the sight.

“Nongdam~! Kkkkkk just kidding~” Yoseob sticks his tongue out and ran as far as he could. Hiding something from Dujun. Hiding his all-red-blushing-face from the older boy.

 

 

“Dujun, Yoseob, let’s prepare a duet as a future prospect for both of you.” Said Mr. Park Jungmin, CUBE’s Planning Director.

“Duet? Us? What about Gikwang?” asked Yoseob, surprised but also worried about his highschool best friend.

“Gikwang will have a prospect as a solo. One of you will be debuted next year. We still don’t know which one. It’s all based on your reviews.”

“Yes, Mr. Park.”

Dujun and Yoseob left the room. They looked at each other. “So, we’ll be together then?” said Dujun smiling bitterly. He’s happy, he knows it. He knows so well that this weird feeling he has since he met Yoseob is feeling happy. But somehow, he also feels bitter since Gikwang is not with them as a team.

“Yeah. But Gikwang…”

A sad expression on Yoseob’s face didn’t help at all. He really want to hug the boy and pat him, kiss him so the boy could feel better. Dujun shakes away the weird thought again, putting his hands on Yoseob’s shoulder instead. “Come on, it’s still a prospect.. anything could change. All we gotta do is practicing as hard as we could.” Said Dujun, trying to cheer up the boy.

Yoseob smiled. A relieved one now.

“Yeah, you’re right Dujunah.. thanks.. I feel much better now.”

Dujun laughed and messed Yoseob’s hair. “Yah! That’s what friends are for right?”

Friends..

 

*************************

 

CUBE is growing bigger. Lots of trainee came and joined since then. There’s Ahn Jaehyo, a handsome but weird skinny boy with a good voice. Kim Hyunah, Dujun knows her since she was from JYPE too, she’s an ex-member of Wonder Girls a cute dongsaeng who is good at dancing and rapping. There’s also Nam Jihyun, a pretty girl with glamorous body; Jeon Jiyoon, a tomboy with an amazing voice; Heo Gayoon, a chic girl with another amazing voice; Kwon Sohyun, she’s the youngest, a cute chubby girl and Choi Gina, she’s from the US, her Korean is still but that makes her cute though.

And there’s also Yong Junhyung. A chubby boy with a good sense of fashion. Dujun thinks he know this boy and found out later that he was a member of XING. The boy looks awful when he entered CUBE, he was a victim of a weird contract or something like that from his old company and he spend a long time going back and forth to the court. So the boy didn’t speak much with the others, except with Jaehyo, the one who brings him here. But he changed after sometime and now they ended up practicing together, ends up being a good friends. Along with Yoseob and Gikwang.

 

The busy trainee days goes on for the four of them and the others. Practicing vocal, dance, language, and music instrument every day and night. They’ve gone through lots of weekly reviews, too.

Dujun and Yoseob was on the vocal room together, practicing their duet. Dujun on the piano while Yoseob on the mic. They’ve spent most of their practice inside the vocal room since Mr.Park told them about the duet, making them even close, making Dujun start questioning his own feeling to the younger boy.

The song ended. Yoseob took a deep breath and sits next to Dujun, laying his head on Dujun’s shoulders. He startled a bit, but then try to relax, letting the boy rest.

“Dujunah, you smell good.” Yoseob said, moving his face closer to the crook of Dujun’s neck, inhaling the masculine but sweet fragrance. Dujun could feel the heat on his face and the heavy feeling on his chest. Ugh, he’s driving me crazy.

“I really like it. Hehehe~ and I really like resting on your shoulder like this. It’s comfy.” Yoseob said again, head back on Dujun’s shoulder. “I’m happy that we’re together as a group.” The heat on Dujun’s face changed into a warm feeling, he blushed and smiled idiotly.

“I’m happy too.”

“Why?”

“Eh.. what?”

“Why are you happy?”

“Uh.. uhm.. because… uhm..”

Dujun haven’t got the chance to finish his sentence, because Gikwang and Junhyung suddenly barge into the room, panting out of breath. Yoseob quickly move his head from Dujun’s shoulder, watching his friends.

“Wow wow.. what happened guys?”

“Sajangnim calls us to his office!” Shout Junhyung.

“For what?”

“The meeting result! Hurry up!” Said Gikwang unpatiently.

The four boys rushed to Mr. Hong’s office. Mr. Hong immediately let them in when they knocked. The boys entered and stood in front their president, waiting for any kind of news they will get. Either good or bad.

“How’s practice these days?” Asked Mr. Hong, trying to make the boys relaxed a bit.

“It’s going well, sajangnim.”

“I see.” Mr. Hong nodded. “The reason I called the four of you is about the result of today’s meeting.” He continued. The boys tensed up again at the mention of meeting.

“Gikwang-ah, your debut date has been set. You’ll debut on March, so there are six months for preparation. “And Yoseob, Dujun, Junhyung. The 3 of you will join Gikwang’s debut as his backdancer team. Starting from today, there four of you will have a packed practice schedule.”

“But sajangnim, what about the duet preparation for me and Dujun?” Asked Yoseob suddenly.

“It’s canceled.”

“But…”

Dujun put his hand on Yoseob’s shoulder, signaling him to stop. He knew how Yoseob felt. But he also knew that they won’t have the power to complain. It’s a meeting result. And as the object of the meeting, all they could do is following it.

Yoseob stops his complain, but his face still couldn’t accept it. All his effort to finally have a small hope for a future debut crashed. He will be a backdancer now. Only a backdancer.

They bowed once to Mr. Hong and went out. Once they closed the office door, Gikwang ran to Yoseob and hugged him. “Yoseobah.. mianhae..”

“Gikwangah..”

Both of them cried. Being best friends since highschool makes them understand each other so well even when both of them didn’t say it out loud.

 

**********************

 

A few months has passed since the announcement. Some new trainees come and some old trainees had been told to leave. The hectic schedule for Gikwang’s solo debut goes on for the boys. But the weekly review also still goes on for the other three. Although they’re going to be Gikwang’s backdancers, they are still trainees with hope to be debuted. That is why, Junhyung and Dujun was there. Flipping some envelopes.

“Dujunah…”

“What?”

“Look.”

Junhyung and Dujun were sneakily going into a room, secretly looking at the weekly reviews on the table. But Junhyung stopped at his own review. There’s a big red word written with a box around it. Junhyung Re-Organized.

Both of their body goes numb, weak on the legs. Dujun try to think positive, eventhough it’s hard.

“Eyh, you need to tidy up! It’s not what you think!”

“But..”

“Let’s just try to think positive first.”

But it happened. A week after the secret sneaking, Junhyung was called by one of the staff. He was told to leave. Dujun, Yoseob and Gikwang can’t accept this news. Junhyung is one of the best dancers. His poppin’ is amazing, way way way more amazing than Dujun’s basic dance itself. Junhyung is also a good rapper, an amazing one. The three of them were in the practice room, doing their usual routine, but being disturbed by the thoughts of making Junhyung comeback to the company.

“Dujunah, what should we do?” Gikwang asked, worried.

“I’m thinking. Wait a minute.”

Yoseob sat next to Dujun, heads on his shoulder again, resting. He snuggles, inhaling Dujun’s scent. But Dujun is too absorbed with his thought to be startled or flinched or moving Yoseob off of his shoulder.

“How about we collect Junhyung’s best training videos and put it on a folder of all the staffs computer so they could watch it. Maybe it could change their minds?”

Yoseob blurted out like nothing happens. Gikwang stop dancing around and look at Yoseob. Dujun stop his deep thoughts and turn his head looking at the younger boy who is looking back at him with his crystal clear eyes.

“Yoseobah! That’s an awesome idea!”

He hugged the boy and kissed him on the cheek excitedly. Yoseob gasped at the sudden kiss. But Dujun was too excited to realize what he did, leaving Yoseob stunned with an all red face.

 

The plan was a success. Junhyung got a call back just 2 days after he left. The staffs watched all the videos that the three left on their computers unknowingly and they saw the potential on Junhyung. But after a week of peaceful training and preparing day, another bad news came. This time, it’s Yoseob.

Yoseob comes out from the vocal room, heads hanging down. He was walking to the dance room when Dujun saw him. He stopped the boy, holding both of Yoseob’s shoulder. Yoseob looked up to see a worried face of Dujun.

“What’s wrong? What happened inside? You were practicing, aren’t you? Why are you so depressed?”

“Woa~ woa~ calm down, Dujunah.” Yoseob said, laughing a bit by the line of questions. But Dujun could see that it’s not a pure happy laugh. He could see that Yoseob is not happy at all.

“No, seriously tell me what happened inside.”

Yoseob sighed. He really can’t hide things. Or maybe it’s Dujun who is way too sensitive?

“They cut me off.”

“WHAT?!”

“They cut me off.” He replied. “I’ll be leaving after the video shooting today.”

“But what – why – how – no way.. no way… NO WAY!”

“Dujunah, calm down. I guess it’s time for me to start a new life, to stop all of this.”

“But.. but..”

“No buts.. it’s the result. Now let’s prepare for the video shoo—“

Dujun hugged the boy. He hugged him tightly, so tightly that Yoseob almost can’t breathe. He can feel how sad Dujun is. But he is sadder. He needs to stop his dream. Stop his passion for singing, his passion for dancing, his passion for music, his daily life schedule to walk into the building for practice, his meeting with Junhyung, with Gikwang and with Dujun. With Dujun.

“Dujunah, I can’t breathe.” Said Yoseob when he reached the limit.

“I.. I’m sorry. I just..”

“Sshh.. I know. Now let’s go. Let’s make some happy memories now!”

Yoseob smiled. But Dujun didn’t like the smile. It’s not Yoseob’s usual happy smile that always lighten up Dujun’s day. Yoseob then took Dujun’s hands and pulled him, leading the way to the practice room to join the others.

The video shoot goes normally like nothing had happened. Yoseob plays happily all out like nothing had happened. He enjoyed the day with the other trainees, having fun, being bubbly like how he is normally. Even Gikwang got tricked. Even his best best friends forever got tricked by his happy acting, while Dujun is sulking inside. How could the boy act all happy when after this shooting is finish he’ll be leaving? Dujun thought.

Yoseob realized that Dujun is watching him with a sulking expression. He dismissed himself from Gayoon and Jihyun who were gossiping and walks to Dujun, sitting next to him, heads on the broad warm shoulder again.

“Why are you looking at me like that?” Yoseob asked.

“Is that a question?” Dujun frowned, why does this boy could act so calm like this?

Yoseob chuckled.

“And it’s not funny at all.”

“I know it’s not. But you are amusing. I laughed because I’m amused by you.”

“And why are you amused by me?”

“Because you look so sad that I’ll be leaving, way more sadder than when Junhyung was told to leave.”

Dujun startled. Yes he is. He was sad when Junhyung was going to leave. But this time, when Yoseob was going to leave, he feel ache everywhere. His body feel ache. His heart feels ache.

“So I’m right?” said Yoseob, watching how the older boy reacted. “So, you like me more than Junhyung?” teased Yoseob, poking the older’s cheek.

“Yah, stop it.”

“You like me more than Junhyung, right? Right? Right?” poking his cheek at each “right”.

“Yah, stop!”

“Answer me first~~”

“Okay okay.. yeah.. yeah I like you more than Junhyung, but don’t tell him that, so stop now.”

“How much?”

Dujun growled at the next question. But he needs to answer or Yoseob will start poking him again. “So much that it hurts everywhere.”

“Everywhere?”

“Everywhere.”

“Awww.. our Dujunie is hurt.. lemme kiss you so the ache will gone~” Yoseob jokes, but it’s not a joke for Dujun. Dujun grabs the boy and pressed his lips on Yoseob’s, a fast one.

Yoseob stunned. He can’t think. Everything happens so fast that he can’t absorb it in his mind. Dujun stands up, face blushed.

“I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. But it’s your fault. I can’t help it with all the teasing.”

Dujun walks away trying to leave a stunned Yoseob. But a hand tugging the back of his shirt stops him from running away.

“Where are you going? Trying to run away?” Yoseob asked, still with a shocked expression. “You have to take responsibility first before you run away!”

Yoseob pulled Dujun far from the crowds, away from the camera, into an empty alley near the vocal room. He pushed Dujun’s shoulders on the wall and kissed him. This time, Dujun’s the one who is shocked. But Yoseob pulled away before Dujun realized it. Another fast kiss.

“Wha—what was that for…”

What was that for? What was the first one for?” Yoseob asked back. Why is Dujun acting so weird? He was the one who started this and now he’s asking him back.

“I.. I was… I…”

“Yoseobah!”

Dujun never finished his sentence again. The quiet moment between them was disturbed by Junhyung’s voice.

“What?!” Yoseob shout in frustration.

“Why do you sound so mad? Sajangnim calls you to his office.”

“Ah.. I’m sorry, Junhyungah. Okay, thanks for the message.”

Yoseob let go of Dujun’s shoulder and walks away, not looking at the older boy anymore. Yoseob is ready to leave. He was ready to leave when the staff told him back in the vocal room a few hours ago. But it all ruined by Dujun. By the kiss that Dujun did. It’s hurt now. Even more hurt than before. Leaving CUBE, leaving all the months he’d gone through, leaving his dream, leaving Dujun.

 

Dujun rested his back on the wall. He’s still on the spot where Yoseob kissed him before, trying to absorb all the things that happened. His mind is having a flashback of what happened 10 minutes ago. How Yoseob , how he went insane by the teasing and spontaneously kissed Yoseob, how Yoseob pulls him and kissed him back and how’s Yoseob expression when he left him.

Dujun can’t understand why he did that. The only thing he could understand is, he’s so sad, so frustrated that Yoseob is going to leave CUBE, leave him. He was also sad when Junhyung was going to leave, but the sad feelings didn’t push him to kiss Junhyung.

There’s an ache on his heart when Yoseob . A weird heavy feeling he had suffered since the first time he met the boy. But he doesn’t understand what is that feeling means. He also got confused with Yoseob’s action afterwards. Why did Yoseob kissed him? What responsibility did he mean?

“Yah, Dujunah.”

Junhyung interrupts Dujun’s deep thoughts.

“What?”

“What are you doing here with Yoseob? I thought we’re informed to gather at the practice room for shooting.”

“We were there before.”

“So why were you standing here instead? What were you guys doing?”

“I kissed him.”

“Oh you kissed him… you… YOU WHAT?!”

“He teased me so I kissed him at the practice room and he pulled me here and he kissed me back. And now I don’t understand what’s wrong either. Why did I kissed him, why did he kissed me.. I don’t understand.”

“I mean, I also feel sad when you were about to leave, but it didn’t push me to kiss you, right?”

“Wait.. leave what? I don’t get it.”

“Yoseob was told to leave before. He got cut off and is going to leave after the shooting. Now please answer me. I’m so frustrated. I don’t understand anything.” Dujun messed his hair, frustrated.

Junhyung let out a deep sigh. Dujun won’t answer his question if he didn’t answer his. “Dujunah, I think you’re in love.”

“I… I’m WHAT?!”

“You’re in love. You’re falling in love with Yoseob. That’s why you’re this frustrated with the fact. That’s why you don’t want him to leave. That’s why you kissed him.”

“But.. but we’re both guys.”

“So what? You like him, don’t you? You want him to be next to you, don’t you? I’ve seen this kind of love since my XING days. So what if you love each other?”

“Each other, Junhyungah… I don’t think Yoseob likes me as much as I like him.”

“Pft, I doubt that. I can see clearly that he likes you back as much as you like him.”

Dujun’s back in his deep mind. Now Dujun understand. He understand the feeling that had been annoying him since he met the boy. Annoyingly makes him happy in one moment but also sad and hurt at another moment. He’s in love, with Yang Yoseob.

“Dujunah, how long are you going to keep on standing there?”

“Uh? What?”

“Aren’t we going to sajangnim’s office? Aren’t we going to stop him? Yoseob is going to leave right?”

“AH! Ah yes!”

Both of them ran to the office. Dujun will do anything to make Yoseob stay, yes he would. Just like how they did to make Junhyung back.

Yoseob just came out from the office when both of them arrived. Dujun can’t read Yoseob’s expression. The first time he can’t read it. But it’s not a sad one and not really a happy one either, more like a stunned one, a surprised one.

“So, what did sajangmin said?” Junhyung asked.

“It’s canceled.”

“What canceled?”

“They didn’t cut me off.”

“What? Yoseobah! Really? Seriously? You’re not kidding right? You’re staying?” Dujun grabs Yoseob’s shoulder, excited.

“Yes. They canceled it. I’m staying.” A bright smile appears on Yoseob’s face, so bright that it could blind Dujun. This is the smile that Dujun knows. The smile that made Dujun fell heads over heels.

“But why? How? What happened??”

“Rain-sunbaenim said not to cut me off. He said he likes me when he watched us shoot. He said I have the potential to do great. So sajangnim canceled it.”

Dujun hugged Yoseob tightly. “So you’re staying here?”

“I’m staying.”

“You won’t leave me?”

“I won’t leave you.”

“We’ll debut together?”

“I hope, yeah!”

Junhyung quietly leave the two lovey dovey boy giving them some free space after all the frustrating things. Yoseob wraps his hands on Dujun’s waist. He still don’t get why Dujun is hugging him so tightly, but he’s happy. He’s happy that Dujun is hugging him, not letting him go. Because he doesn’t want to go either. Dujun’s embrace is the best thing happens today in Yoseob’s life.

 

**********************

The crisis had passed, non of the “Gikwang’s backdancer team” got cut off. Junhyung and Dujun even got to record a rap for one of Gikwang’s song, whether they’ll use it or not, they still feels happy to be in a recording room. Dujun and Yoseob didn’t go awkward after the kissing incident. They got really really really close instead. They even spent times together on the dance room almost everyday. But Dujun, who had known his feelings for the younger, still haven’t say anything. He hasn’t got the courage to tell Yoseob yet.

New trainees comes too. One of them is Gikwang’s favorite dongsaeng, Son Dongwoon, a tall and handsome foreign-look-alike young boy. They knew each other since their JYP days. Gikwang was so happy that Dongwoon joined CUBE.

And then there’s Jang Hyunseung, a 4D boy who loves to dance. Dujun knows him so well. Hyunseung was a member of Big Bang Documentary, the show that changed Dujun’s life, Dujun’s dreams. The reason why he’s here now, training as a trainee to become a singer. Yoseob was the one who called him to come and try CUBE’s audition. He said he knows him since his MBoat days and that it was a part of YG before it goes bankrupt.

 

2008 had passed, Gikwang, Dujun, Yoseob and Junhyung welcomed 2009 with lots of preparation for Gikwang’s debut. Songs recording, photoshoots, MV recording and choreography practice. All went smoothly and Gikwang officially debuted on March.

As a rookie, Gikwang’s debut song, Dancing Shoes, was well accepted by viewers. They went from one music show to the other music shows, from one stage to the other stages. The four of them practically had a very busy schedule, but it doesn’t stop Yoseob to post on his cyworld which he made earlier that year. Dujun joins his craziness and post lots of nonsense together.

The follow up songs, Wipe the Tears released. The one that Junhyung and Dujun rap featuring. Well, the recorded one in the album was not with them, but as a follow up song, they’ll be the one who perform while Yoseob still as the backdancer.

Gikwang was out that day for a radio schedule and Junhyung went to Shinsadong Tiger’s studio to study producing. So that’s why Dujun and Yoseob was together at the dance room, practicing choreography. More like, Yoseob teaching Dujun. They’ve spent an hour of practicing nonstop until Dujun’s body can’t handle it anymore.

“Okay, we’ll take a 15 minutes break.” Yoseob said, worriedly looking at Dujun who collapsed on the floor panting.

“Dujunah, you okay?” the worried expression plastered clearly on the boys face. Dujun reached out his hands and cupped Yoseob’s chubby cheeks, it lovely.

“I’m fine, baby.” He said smiling. “But you’re such a scary teacher.”

Yoseob blushed at the nickname Dujun used. Baby. But he’s not a baby and they don’t have a relationship where he could be called baby.

“Yah, I’m not a baby.” Yoseob said, pouting.

“Kkkkk, but you’re cute like a baby.”

Yoseob joins Dujun lying on the floor next to him, steadying his breath, enjoying a quality time together. “It’s been a while since the last time we’re only together like this.” Said Yoseob. “When was the last time?”

Dujun thinks. Yeah, it really had been a long time. And the last time they were only together was when that accident happened, the kissing accident.

“The last time huh?”

“Yeah.”

That one I guess.”

Both of them turns their head around, looking at each other face to face straight in the eyes. Both of them knows the answer, but non of them wants to say it out loud. They looked at each other’s eyes instead. Falling deep into each other’s beautiful orbs. They leaned closer until they could feel each other’s breath, closer closing their eyes slowly, pressing their lips, this time into a sweet passionate kiss.

They broke the kiss at the same time, but this time, non of them got startled, flinched, surprised, shocked or any other kind of shocking expression. Both of them stay silent, eyes keep looking at each other lovingly. No words, just a deep emotion on the eyes.

“It’s already pass 15 minutes.” Dujun said, breaking the silent.

“Hmm.. I’m not in the mood of practicing now..” Yoseob said, snuggling on Dujun’s neck.

“Me neither.”

“Then let me do this for a while.”

“Up to you.”

Dujun took out his phone and wrote down on his cyworld, “Working ever so hard… basic dance class teacher Yang Yoseob I Love You.”

 

Yoseob saw Dujun’s post the next day, his face was as red as a tomato. Did Dujun just confessed? They did kiss yesterday, a sweet kiss and Yoseob really likes it, but there’s no confessing after that, not orally. He loves Dujun, he acknowledge that ever since they meet. He knows immediately that the older boy attracted him so much. He also gives him signals but stupid Dujun, he never realized it, even after their first kiss.

Yoseob sighed. He won’t know how’s Dujun’s feeling unless the boy confessed to him straightly. Until he hear it clearly from Dujun’s mouth himself. So then he only left a simple “Dujunah” as his post. He log out and shut the PC down, climbing up the bunk bed, pulling his blanket off to sleep.

 

It’s already weekend again, which means music show stage. The four of them are already in the waiting room for their Music Core stage. Junhyung’s sitting on the couch, listening to the song while mouthing his rap. Gikwang’s busy doing a vocal warm up and Yoseob was practicing some choreo point with the other dancers. Dujun opened the shared notebook and logged in to his cyworld.

He saw Yoseob posted something yesterday and 3 days ago. But the 3 days ago post caught his attention more. It was a day after their kiss, after he posted “I Love You”, but Yoseob’s post was only a simple “Dujunah”. Dujun frowned. He already wrote down how he feel, but why did the boy only wrote his name? This is frustrating him.

Dujun placed the shared notebook on the table. He approached Yoseob who is still busy practicing his choreography. He sit at the couch and wait till Yoseob’s finish.

“Hey.”

“Hmm..”

“What?”

“Are you done? Can we talk?”

“Of course. What?”

“Not here. Let’s go outside?”

“Okay.”

Yoseob followed Dujun to the emergency exit. A quiet place for them. Yoseob wondered why they need to go to a secluded place just for a talk.

“So.. what do you wanna talk about, Dujunah?” Asked Yoseob, resting his back on the wall.

“Your cyworld post.”

“Pardon me?”

“What do you mean with your post 3 days ago? Why did you only wrote my name?”

“Huh?”

“I mean.. I wrote that the day before and you only replied me with my name?”

“Wha—“

“You don’t know how hard it took me to finally confess, do you? Oh.. or maybe.. oh, it’s only me who feels that—“

“Dujunah—“

“So what does the kiss in the practice room means—‘

“Dujunah—“

“I thought you feel it too, that’s why we shared the kiss. I thought I don’t need to say it out loud b’coz you answered my kiss—“

“Dujunah—“

“But I guess it’s a no, right? Okay, I’m sorry then, I’ll leave.”

“Whoa~ whoa~ Dujunah slow down~..” Yoseob grabs Dujun’s hand before the boy leaves. “You blurts out everything but you didn’t give me a time to explain.”

“But I already got my answer though. You don’t feel the same way as I did.. I’m sorry I was over confidence because of the last kiss we shared. And I’m sorry that I kissed you twi—“

Dujun’s sentence got blocked by a pair of lips pressed on his. He blinks at the sudden attack. Yoseob is kissing him. Dujun who is drown by his emotion slowly closed his eyes, kissing the boy back passionately enjoying every part of Yoseob lips until the younger one broke it.

“! Why?” cursed Dujun.

“I’m the one who did it first this time and I won’t apologize.” Yoseob grinned. “You’re stupid Dujunah, you know that?”

“I know that it’s hard, It’s not only you who feels it, and you’re not overly confidence about my feelings. But I do need you to say it out loud. I need to hear it straight from your mouth to confirm it. I need to hear that the words, not read it.” Yoseob said, cupping Dujun’s cheek lovingly.

Dujun beamed. His eyes is glistening with so much affection to the younger boy. He kissed Yoseob’s temple and smiled, showing his uneven teeth that Yoseob likes so much. (Well, duh.. he loves all about Yoon Dujun so much).

“Yang Yoseob, I love you.”

Yoseob bit his lips, trying to prevent himself from smiling too wide. “What? I can’t hear you..” He teased.

Dujun wraps his hands around Yoseob’s waist, leaving no space between them and whispered, “I love you.”

They giggled, face blushed, staring at each other with love. “At last.. you’ve said it. I’ve heard it. After almost a year. I’m so happy.” Yoseob puts his head on Dujun’s shoulder again, his most favorite spot, the spot that always gives him comfort and inhale Dujun’s masculine cologne.

“So.. do you love me back?”

“Of course stupid.”

 

BANG! BANG! BANG!

A loud bang on the door interrupt their lovey dovey moment. Yoseob grumbled and pulled himself off of Dujun unwillingly.

“Are you guys finished already? Next it’s our turn! You guys better get prepared!” Junhyung’s voice comes from behind the door, reminding them that they are still in the broadcasting building.

“Ye..Yeah, Junhyungah~ we’re coming!”

Dujun left the emergency exit first, too embarrassed with the appearance of Junhyung. Yoseob went into the waiting room to fix his outfit first. He saw the shared notebook on the table and something comes to his mind. A wide smile appears when he clicked the send button to his post. He took a last glance before he leaves it and went to the stage, to catch up the others.

Dujun was checking his cyworld via phone when Yoseob joins them on the stage. An idiotic grin appears on his face when he saw Yoseob’s post. His quickly write down a post to reply it, clicking the send button and give his phone back to Jiyong-hyung. He’ll do his best on today’s stage.

 

 

2009.05.30

Yang Yoseob

“kkkkkkkkkk our Dujunie, I Love You”

 

                                                                                                                                          2009.05.30

                                                                                                                                         Yoon Dujun

                                                                                “kkkkkkkkkkkk our Yoseobie, I Love You”

 

***************************

 

Dujun smiled watching the angel sleeping soundly on his lap. It has been five years, a lot of things happened after that. Hyunseung joining the backdancer team, AJ’s overseas showcase, Dongwoon joining them, an announcement that the six of them will debut as a group called Beast. All those things happened since then, but his love for the younger boy grows stronger each day. Their love grows stronger.

“Break time is almost over, let’s gather in 5 minutes!” Shout Yongbok-hyung, reminding them to prepare.

Dujun taps Yoseob’s cheek lightly, “Yoseobah.. wake up.” He whispered.

“Uhng?”

“Wake up baby, we’re going to restart practice.”

“Hmm, Dujunah.. I dreamt of you…” Yoseob said, eyes still half opened, his right hand rubbing his sleepy eyes cutely.

“Really?”

“Yeah.. the first time we met.” He said, smiling.

“Wow.. I was having a flashback of that too while you sleep.”

Both of them smiled.

“It’s been five years.”

“Yeah.. five years. And I still love you like the first time we met.” Said Yoseob, kissing Dujun’s cheek.

 

************END************