A New Friend, A New Lover

Trick
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N (5 August 2016): Just fixing grammatical errors or awkward sentences lol.

It was a chilly November, but that didn't stop Jung Sooyeon from leaving the dorm to go to a bookstore. Don't be fooled; she wasn't going there to read some good literature. She only purchased magazines about the latest news in the entertainment universe. Sometimes they would feature stories about Girls' Generation, like the girls' latest airport fashion, but otherwise she read the latest makeup or fashion trend.

"Lee Minho is starring in another drama? Aish, which girl is he paired with this time?" Sooyeon mumbled, looking through a magazine. She kept her eyes glued on the pages, reading through the details about the new drama. She let out a big sigh as she flipped through the magazine. You see, she didn't usually go to the bookstore to read magazines. Ever since one of her best friends left for military service, she had been pretty bored and unamused, even with her fellow bandmates and best friends. It seemed like everything and everyone either bored or bothered her, and she just had to get away from all of it. Ironically, even at the bookstore, someone didn't fail to irritate the Ice Princess. She had gotten up to find another magazine and turned the corner when she bumped into someone.

"Aish!" Sooyeon shouted, falling to the floor. A couple of faces turned to the source of the sound, but they didn't recognize Sooyeon behind the sunglasses and scarf.

"Omo, I'm so sorry! Are you OK?" The woman asked, giving Sooyeon a hand.

"Yeah, I'm fine, thanks," Sooyeon assured, accepting her hand that was much larger than her own.

"Oh my god, you're Jessica from So Nyuh Shi Dae, right?" The woman made sure to whisper.

"Yes... Are you a fan?"

"Yes! I'm a proud SONE! You're my bias!"

"Great! Well, it was nice meeting you – "

"My name is Kim Hayoung! I was hoping we could be friends?"

This was weird. Sooyeon never really had SONEs for friends. It wasn't that she didn't like her fans, it was just a little strange for her to be so close to them. But, this girl, Hayoung, was different. She had confidence and wasn't afraid to say anything. Hayoung was a little similar to Hyoyeon, one of Sooyeon's best friends, so this made her think differently about this girl.

"Sure, why not?" Sooyeon gave a small smile and extended her arm for a handshake.

After Sooyeon purchased her magazine, the two girls left the library and headed to the mall. They shopped, tried food samples, and took pictures in photo booths. It was really fun at first, but then, things started getting a little weird. Hayoung had bought two smoothies while Sooyeon was waiting on a bench with bags of clothes next to her. It was just the two of them, drinking their smoothies in silence. Sooyeon decided to look at the scenery: there were people walking, laughing, chatting, sharing food or beverages, whatever. She kept her eyes on one couple who were cuddling on a bench across from where she was sitting. The girl had her head resting on the guy's shoulder, and the guy rested his on top of her head. They were holding hands on the guy's lap as they enjoyed each other's company. Sooyeon let out a small sigh, slightly waking Hayoung from her deep staring.

"What's wrong, Sica?" Hayoung asked, resting her hand on Sooyeon's shoulder.

"Do you see that couple over there?" Sooyeon nodded towards the couple, trying not to be obvious.

"Yeah... What about them?"

"They look so adorable... Wow, I'm so glad for them," Sooyeon sighed, taking another sip from her smoothie.

Hayoung was quiet, staring at Sooyeon's flawless face.

"Do you have a boyfriend, Sica?"

Sooyeon shook her head. "I used to date some guys years back, but I think it's best for me to stay single."

Hayoung lowered her head, drinking some more of her smoothie.

"They were nice guys, but, I don't know, I didn't feel like I could last with them for long... Now, they all have new girlfriends, and they seem much happier. I'm glad for them. Maybe my love will appear to me soon," Sooyeon confessed, putting a couple of strands of hair behind her ear.

"I'm surprised, Sica... I would have expected that you had a boyfriend." Sooyeon giggled, flattered by the implicit compliment. "I mean, you're beautiful, funny, sweet, caring, and, did I mention beautiful?" Sooyeon slightly blushed, turning her head back to the cuddling couple.

After another two minutes of silence, Sooyeon asked, "Do you have a boyfriend, Hayo – " Sooyeon turned her head to see Hayoung staring at her. They stared into each other's eyes for a minute until Sooyeon made a small cough, causing Hayoung to break eye contact.

"O-Oh, s-sorry, yes?" Hayoung stuttered, trying not to blush.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" Sooyeon asked, feeling slightly awkward from the brief staring contest.

"O-Oh! I d-do!"

"Really? You're so lucky. Tell me about him," Sooyeon smiled, making Hayoung turn away.

"W-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter