FINAL

A Hope Lost In The Depths

 

A/N: Just a heads up! The words intalics are for the flashback while the ones in bold represent the letter ^^

 

 

 

 

No one's POV

 

Tension filled the air and silence only confirmed reality.  No more laughter.  No more crying. No more complaints.  Nothing was left. Not a single soul was in sight. The house seemed dead until a knocking sound echoed throughout.

 

*Siwon's POV*

 

*KNOCK KNOCK*

 

"Hae... Please!  Please come out.  Stop torturing yourself.  I know you're hurting but you should not be living life like this. He wouldn't want to see you suffering like this. He is in heaven watching you right now! Don't disappoint him.  Just come out! Please! " I  pleaded as he knocked against the door.  Four days.... four days since that dreadful day and it has been the same four days since Donghae locked himself up in his room.  That dreadful event which made Donghae even worse than he was before. Donghae was already sick... He already had schizophrenia and could not afford to be sick any further.  I could not let one of my best friend's condition get worse. Sighing in defeat as I looked to the floor with sympathy.  No one has answered me from behind the door. It has been the same for the past few days.  Suddenly, my head shot up...

 

What if Donghae listened to the voices in his head? What if Donghae did something stupid... what if he tried too.. Why didn't I think of it sooner?!!!

 

Without a second thought,  I ran to the other room to find the spare key.

 

 

Donghae's POV

 

It has been four days... only four days.  And my life had been hell during the past four days.  I am in a mess. I have lost my will to survive. No one is here to shower me with love.  NO ONE!  They all left me... alone... cold and worthless in the world.  My parents left me when I was four. As I wandered the Streets-cold and hungry,  I thought my life was over.... not till I met him. He was my guardian Angel,  my savior.  That gummy smile of his, his milky white skin, his perfect eyes, his sharp jawline…he was the definition of perfection.  He was always there when I needed him.  He loves me no matter what sickness I have.  He.... he was Eunhyuk.  My savior, my best friend, my boyfriend and my soon to be husband.  My dreams of marrying the one I truly love were crushed four days ago. He is gone... forever.... Eunhyuk is never coming back. I didn't even get to say goodbye. Guilt covers me like my skin; I could never get rid of it.  Why didn't he tell me he was sick? How couldn't I have not noticed the change in him? He was easily tired and his lips were pale. I cried.  I cried so hard till I had no more tears. I haven't slept in days. I lay on the bed, missing the warmth that was present when Eunhyuk cuddled with me or when he hugged me to sleep.

 

*Flashback*

 

"Hyukkie!!! I can't sleep! Can... Can I cuddle with you for a while?  Please!!!! With a cute little cherry on the top. “Donghae whined as he pouted. 

 

"Of course you can baby. Come here! " Eunhyuk said as he tapped the empty space on the bed.  Donghae squealed as he ran and embraced Eunhyuk. A jolt of warmth quickly coursed through Donghae's body.  He sighed in satisfaction and he nuzzled his head at the crook of his lover's neck.

 

"Aigoo... Hae ya.. You’re acting like a five year old kid again. " Eunhyuk said as he ruffled Donghae's hair. 

 

"Kekeke.  Yes I am. But I know you like it don't you?" Donghae replied as he stick his tongue out at Eunhyuk. 

 

"Ok... I admit I do love you're childish self. You know I love you no matter what happens right? " Eunhyuk Donghae's hair gently as he replied.  I hummed in reply and snuggled towards his warm embrace. 

 

"Donghae,  will you promise me something? "

 

"What is it Hyukkie? "

 

" if something ever happens to me, go to our cupboard and take out a light blue box ok? I kept some of our precious things inside.  Can you keep it safe?"

 

 

"Of course!  But why are you tell me this? Nothing is going to happen to you right Hyukkie? Please don't scare me!"

 

"Nothing will happen.  Im just saying ok? So... promise me? "

 

"PROMISE! " Donghae giggled and hugged Eunhyuk tightly.

 

*ends Flashback*  

 

 

That box. I totally forgot my promise to him.  I scrambled out of my bed and I slowly walked towards our cupboard.  The cupboard flung open as I searched for that box.

 

 

There it was...

 

 

"For my sweetie, Donghae" was written on the cover of the box. With shaky hands,  I picked up the box and placed it gently on the bed. Should I open it???

 

I touched the box... wondering whether I should open it. Curiosity got the better of me. As I slowly opened the box, my eyes widen. 

 

There lay a letter and many other small labeled boxes in it. I pick up the letter and open it with gentle movements. As I read the letter,  I picked up the box with the label one.

 

 

Dear Donghae,

 By the time you have read this letter, I would have left your side already.  I am so happy as you reading this letter means you remember the promise. At the same time,  I am really apologetic. I'm really sorry for not telling you about my sickness.  I didn't want you to worry about me. I had cancer and it was already at the last stage. There's no cure for it. Knowing you, you would have cried and pampered me like I'm a little child. I don't want you to do that.  Pampering you is my job!  And you can't snatch it away from me. My baby, no matter where I am, I will always love you.  You're perfect in every way. I didn't leave you as I am forever in your heart.  And you will forever be in mine. You will be my first and last love. My heart belong to you.

 

And to show my love for you, I have left some gifts for you.  In the box labeled one...

 

I opened the box. A teardrop rolled down my cheek.  My jaws dropped.  A cute nemo-shaped pendant necklace lay in the box.  I touched the pendant fondly, smiling at the thought that my nickname was Eunhyuk’s baby  nemo.

 

It is a nemo-shaped necklace that I got someone to make for you. It is made of a rare sapphire gem... it really hard to find. To me, you like that gem in my life, rare, precious and the only one. No one is as perfect as you. You're one of a kind and unique. I'm really glad that I found you on that street. When I first saw you, the cold wall around my heart immediately fell.  It was like... love at first sight.  My parents also left me when I was younger.  All I had was Heechul hyung who took care of me all my life. I know you how feel.  The moment I saw you, I knew you were my other half and I pleaded with hyung to let you stay with us! He gave in when he saw that cute face of yours.  I still remember having to pull hyung off. We grew closer by each passing day. I didn't know whether my feelings were reciprocated so I just pushed them aside.  At that point in time, you looked just like nemo, a cute little fish that everyone loved.  Gosh! I even had trouble keeping Sungmin from pouncing on you. Soon after, we got together.  That was the beginning of life together.  I treasured every minute and every second I spent with you. When I found out my condition, I knew that I would leave you soon so I decided to leave some gifts for you.  This nemo necklace was the first one to be made. Now, open the next box.

 

Wiping my tears,  I open the next box. It was a pair of couple rings. But one ring was missing.  I continued to read the letter.

 

 

They're couple rings!!! Cute right?  But one ring is missing isn't it? Don't worry baby.  The other ring is on my finger.  I wore the ring a few days before I left the world.  These rings are made of the rarest white silver.  If you look carefully, on the ring, the words "EunHae Forever ♥" is carved on it. Baby, I will love you forever.  Don't forget that ok? I will keep you safe and be your angel. I’ll always be in my baby’s heart. I know that it is a fact which won’t change.

 

My love Donghae, I’m sorry. If only I wasn’t sick, we would have been living together, enjoying a lifetime of happiness.  My wifey, I love you so much. Keke!  We have our rings so I can call you wifey right? Donghae, I will always be with you. Take care of yourself and move on. Soon, you will find a new love. If you do,  I will support you and your new partner. This is my last message to you.  Lee Donghae… I LOVE YOU! SARANGHAEYO!


With hugs and kisses,
Eunhyukkie
Your hubby :)



Eunhyuk… More tears welled up in my eyes.  How he could not tell me? I broke down once more, hugging the monkey plushie that eunhyuk gave me.  I could not act like I am strong anymore. I’m completely broken; physically or mentally.

 

They keep banging on my door, asking me to move on. They don’t know how I feel. To them, they’ve lost a close friend. Me? I lost my lover, my other half. To lose a friend is something, but to lose a lover that is your world, is a whole different story.  I’m not referring to those crushes or first lovers. I’m talking about that one particular lover who holds that special place in my heart. That lover who I can’t hide my feelings from. That lover whom makes me feel save all the times. To lose that person is like losing yourself, and that was exactly what happened.


I lost myself when cancer took my Hyukkie away.


He was my world, my life. I love him with all my heart. He was my hope when I was helpless. He was my angel, watching over my every night just in case my night terrors come back. When I was scared, he was the one who held me tight.  I was so selfish, only thinking of my own pain, sickness and my past. In reality, Hyukkie was the one who was sick.  He had cancer, but he never told me. His death… It felt so sudden. It felt like a nightmare. He shouldn’t have died… I should be the one. He… was my life support.

I remember everything… from the time I had my anxiety attack in the car to the time where I saw my Hyukkie, lying in a hospital bed, unconscious. His chances of waking up were a 50-50. I hoped and prayed so hard, hoping he wouldn’t leave me. I knew he could hear me, but it wasn’t enough. I need to hear his voice; I need to be in his embrace. And I got my answer. But his heart stopped beating, that crystal clear teardrop rolled down his cheek. I thought he was going to wake up, but I was clearly wrong. He never woke up. He left and never returned.


I hugged my plushie tighter as all my memories with Hyukkie flooded through my mind. I stood up, picking up the gifts he left me. Wearing both the necklace and the ring, I looked in the mirror and smiled. Writing some words on a piece of paper, I placed the paper on my bed, picking up the letter and plushie which Hyukkie left behind. Walking toward the balcony, a breeze caressed my cheeks as I stood there, looking into the sky. I asked myself, why go down the road to recovery and hurt myself again when I can choose to never suffer pain again? The feeling of hurt and being broken is wretched and will never let me feel happiness again..


“It’s the only way Hyukkie. I’ll meet you soon!”





*Siwon’s POV*

“I found the key!”
 

“Hae!! Are you oka…”

“Hae?”

I walked towards his bed and picked up the piece of paper that was lying there.  I read  what was written on the paper


‘Please bury me with my Hyukkie! I’m sorry to all my good friends…. But I’m still sorry…
Suicide isn’t an option. It’s the only answer.'

 

 

 

Author's note:

Annyeonghaseyo! *bows* I'm back with this Eunhae oneshot :) Well, some of you might already know that this story is based on my personal experience. So if it is similar to others, I'm sorry but it's purely coincidental. Kekeke... i kinda cried a little bit when writing this story since i have to remicise about the past but yeah...

 

But firstly...~ sings sorry sorry~ I didn't *sobs* mean to *sobs* make DongHae *sobs* and Eunhyuk *sobs* die *sobs*!!!! I LOVE EUNHAE THE MOST AND I WOULDN"T WANT ANYTHING BAD TO  HAPPEN! It's just a story so don't bash me!  [runs and hides] i hope trhat you all can tell me your opinion on the story and my writting skills :) It would be greatly appreciated!

Secondly, saengil chukha hamnida to Donghae oppa! Saranghaeyo~ #HappyDongHaeDay Always be that cute childish fishie that adores Eunhyuk in Super Junior! I will forever support all SM BOY BANDS especially SuJu! <3 Once an E.L.F, always an E.L.F! :D Tell ya all something, i went for SS5 this year and this lucky author got a wink from Eunhyuk oppa and managed to waved Donghae oppa. There were more actions but those two almost made me faint >< They are really handsome in real life! GOSH! I LOVE THEM!

Lastly, a shameless advertisement from me :) Smokebombs and Swords - click here http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/515881/smokebombs-and-swords-browneyedgirls-narsha-romcom-historical-exo-baekhyun (it was written by my friend and I) Hope you'll check in out :) THANK YOU!

That's all for now! BYE! :)

P.S: I'll accept friend requests :) You can always add me as a friend okay? I'm glad to make friends with fellow fans! I thank all my subbies! I'm really grateful to them :) Thank you ;D