Prologue ~~

Catch me... IF you can.

“Leave. IMMEDIATELY,” Jun hissed at him, pointing to the lifeboats on the ship.

Daehyun looked blankly at the guy he met a few days ago aboard the ship. He had almost mistaken the younger male for a girl and was glad when Jun didn’t seem to take offense at his comment. During the past few days, he managed somehow to befriend the quiet guy. For the first time, he had actually thought the negotiations between the Jungs and the Lee might actually work.

But, that was before tonight...

It was all a trap. The messages for truce and so on. All of them were made for the single purpose of luring him as the heir of the Jung family on the ship. And now that they were far enough from land, the traitorous heir of the Lee family had finally shown his true colours. Daehyun could only glare at the back of the who lured him there as orders were given and guns were pointed towards him and his men.

Cornered, he and his men had fought back. However, they were outnumbered by too many and by the time he managed to get to the deck, he was the only one left. So far he had taken out the ones after him and somehow remained hidde in the shadows... until Jun discovered him a few minutes ago. His finger on the trigger, Daehyun got ready to shoot when Jun sent the others with him to look elsewhere and told him those words.

 “Why?” Daehyun asked, his eyes wary. After all, Jun was a member of the enemy group. And not just a member, he was the Lee family’s most famous and ruthless assasin. Not to mention, he’s currently alone on the said family’s ship with nearly every man there aiming to kill him.

“Ask me that later,” Jun replied as silver gray eyes met the dark eyes of the elder. “Assuming you manage to survive, of course.”

Daehyun crouched deeper into the shadows as the younger male left. He tensed a little, expecting men to suddenly appear and corner him again. Instead, he heard Jun calling the others to search another part of the ship. Deciding to trust the younger, he made his way slowly towards the indicated lifeboats, careful to remain unseen. It wasn’t until he lowered the boat onto the water that they noticed him and guns began firing.

It didn’t matter though, since the constant waves and the bobbing boat made it pretty unlikely for any of those bullets to hit. Even without the movement, he doubted anyone on the ship had the skill and accuracy to actually shoot at him from a distance. Which was why, thinking he was already out of danger, he left his back unguarded.

Then, all of a sudden, a sharp, searing pain in his left shoulder made his gasp. ‘Impossible. I should have been far enough by now,’ Looking back at the ship, his face changed from shocked surprise to one of disbelief. He was still staring when the second bullet hit him square in the chest, causing him to topple off the boat. As he fell into the dark waters, his vision slowly blurred.But, he knew this for sure. Even if he doesn’t survive, there is no way in hell he would ever forget those cold, emotionless eyes.

“ I will not forget this betrayal of yours... Jun.” Daehyun vowed silently to himself as he let the waves carry him away.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

( A/N : Well... pretty short. But i had to write it out again since i lost my original one T-T  And thanks for subscribing @go-dokmi  =D