A Little Too Late

A Little Too Late

My name is Do Kyungsoo. I'm one of those unpopular nerds at school, but my boyfriend is Kim Jongin; the most wanted and most popular boy at school.

 

5 more days until my and Jongin's 100 days anniversary. Yes, it's only been 100 days but everyone who sees us would think that we're a couple that's fated from the heaven. Jongin's always happy with the fact that everyone thinks so, but to be very honest, I'm not.

 

It's almost 100 days I've passed with Jongin, my first ever boyfriend..., whom actually I don't love. Yes, I don't love Kim Jongin. I don't even have a crush on him. Well, he's attractive, but I'm not attracted at him at all.

 

"Kyungie, what's up?" Jongin comes out of nowhere, suddenly back-hugs me. I can feel his breath on my neck. It's one of his favorites pose; back-hugging me and letting his breaths attack my neck. "You look like you're thinking so hard over something lately. What's up, baby?"

 

"No, Jongin." I say as I hold his strong arms that are circled around my waist. I gotta do this, so he won't keep worrying. "I'm not thinking over something. Well, I am. I'm thinking about what I should prepare for you for our 100 days anniversary."

 

I can see a big grin growing on his face. Well, I'm a good actor to make him sure that I love him a lot, aren't I?

 

"You don't need to do anything for me, Kyungie. Really, you don't need to do anything. Just stay by my side forever and don't ever leave me even for a second." He gives me a kiss full of love and warmth. But I can't feel the love or the warmth in the kiss since I don't feel the same way, but I know it is.

 

I'm sorry, Kim Jongin. But, I don't think we can stay like this forever cause I'm leaving you soon.

 

 


 

 

4 more days until my and Jongin's 100 days anniversary.

Today, I and Jongin don't have a plan to meet, so I'm going to spend my day with my best friend, Byun Baekhyun. As my best friend, Baekhyun knows how I really feel to Jongin. And as my best friend, he keeps it a secret. Thank God, I have such a nice best friend like Baekhyun.

 

"So, you're telling him soon?" Baekhyun asks me after I tell him that I'm going to tell Jongin the truth of how I really feel on our anniversary later. "Are you sure about that?"

 

"Yes, what's wrong? You know, I should tell him cause he'll know it sooner or later too." If I'm not mistaken now, I can see a worried expression on Baekhyun's face. "Hey, Baekkie, what's up?"

 

"N-Nothing. W-Well, just... do whatever you want to do. If your heart says so, do it then." And now, I can see a forced smile on Baekhyun's face. I'm not going to argue with him now. Just let my smile end our conversation about Jongin.

 

"Oh, by the way, how is your cooking class? I think, I wanna join."

 

 


 

 

3 more days until my and Jongin's 100 days anniversary.

I can barely meet Jongin now. He doesn't call me or even text me. I don't bother to do that as well. Maybe, he's cheating on me. Well, it's good then. It means, I don't have to tell him about how I really feel, right?

 

 


 

 

2 more days until my and Jongin's 100 days anniversary.

I have prepared all the words I'm going to say when I'll tell him about how I really feel. I even memorize them. I've practiced my expressions too. Now, I'm really ready to leave Kim Jongin.

 

 


 

 

Tomorrow is my and Jongin's 100 days anniversary.

I got a text from Jongin this morning. It's kinda surprised me that he still bothered to text me.

 

From: Jongin

Kyungie, meet me at Namsan Tower at 10 pm tomorrow, okay? I love you!

 

Namsan Tower? 10 pm? Why does he want to meet me that late? And..., oh, he still uses that 'I love you'? Doesn't he cheat on me? Oh, it will be hard then.

But no, Jongin has to know it. Sooner or later, he has to know it.

 

He has to know the fact that I don't love him at all for all this time.

 

 


 

 

It's my and Jongin's 100 days anniversary today.

Now, it's 9:55 pm and I've arrived at Namsan Tower where Jongin asked me to go to. I can't see anyone here. Of course, it's this late and of course, the tower has been closed now. Why did Jongin ask me to come here then?

 

Suddenly, some hidden lamps I don't even know where it's hidden are , shine bright towards me. Their shadows on the ground make a perfect heart shape with me in the middle of it. Then, some lamps are again. This time, their shadows are on the Namsan Tower, making a cute chibi version of me and Jongin hugging.

 

W-Wait... I-It's Jongin's plan? Is it really... his plan? H-Hey, wh-why do I feel a heart attack when I see him walking towards me with his y smile, holding a bouquet of roses... for me?

 

"Happy 100 days anniversary, Kyungie. I love you." Jongin comes nearer and nearer to me, trying to erase the distance between us two. I know, he's trying to catch my lips. He's trying to give me his full of love and warmth kiss. But, I gotta stop him now.

 

"No, Jongin."

 

Jongin immediately stops. He looks at me with a mixed expression of surprised and confused. "What's wrong, Kyungie? Y-You don't like my surprise? O-Oh..., I-I'm sorry..."

 

"Stop calling me Kyungie, Kim Jongin."

 

Jongin looks more and more surprised now, accompanied with more and more confusion. "K-Kyungsoo, wh-what's wrong?"

 

It's now or never, Do Kyungsoo.

 

"Jongin, I'm sorry." Here I am, starting with all the things I've prepared for our 100 days anniversary. "All this time, I don't love you. Not at all, Jongin. On the day when you confessed to me, I planned to reject you, but you kept promising me with this and that which forced me to say yes. So now, here I am, dating the guy I've never been in love with."

 

And now, I can see Jongin's face falls down to the ground. His face looks so pale and blank. His gaze is also blank. I'm sure, he's totally blank now as he dies inside. Congratulations, Kyungsoo, you successfully break someone's heart on your and his 100 days anniversary.

 

"K-Kyungsoo, t-tell me y-you're joking. Y-You planned t-to prank me, r-right?"

 

"I'm not joking, Jongin. Not at all. Not. At. All." There, Jongin loses his balance. He falls down to the ground with tears streaming down his face. I used to erase his tears and make him laugh everytime he cried, but now I'm not going to do it anymore. "I'm sorry, Jongin. But it's the end of us. Sorry. I can't stay by your side forever."

 

 


 

 

Yesterday was my and Jongin's 100 days anniversary, but we broke up that day.

Today, I can't see Jongin or Baekhyun at school. Jongin, I think, I know where he is. He's staying in his apartment, crying over me who had just broken his heart. But, Baekhyun. I have no idea where he is. It's strange that Baekhyun doesn't go to school with no informations today. He's a nerd who loves school, not a nerd who hates school a lot like me. I wonder what is happening with him.

 

 


 

 

Two days ago was my and Jongin's 100 days anniversary, but we broke up that day.

Still no informations from both Jongin and Baekhyun. I really wonder where they are.

 

It's a boring evening without Baekhyun to talk with. I've called him for millions times, but no answers. I've texted him for billions times, still no answers. Where is he?

And, Jongin. In a boring evening, if there was no Baekhyun, we would watch some good movies in my or his apartment. But, now, it was just a memory. Wait, am I missing him?

 

 


 

 

Three days ago was my and Jongin's 100 days anniversary, but we broke up that day.

I don't know why, I'm so glad to see that Jongin attends school today. He looks much better now. W-Well..., does it mean that Jongin has finally moved on...? Wh-Why does the thought of Jongin moving on make me uncomfortable? Wh-What's wrong with me?

 

"Jonginnie!" A familiar voice comes out of nowhere, making Jongin smile grows. That smile used to be mine only... but now he's showing it to... Baekhyun? Wait, Baekhyun just called Jongin with 'Jonginnie' and Jongin just gave Baekhyun a smile that he used to give to me. Could it be that Jongin and Baekhyun.....

 

"Baekkie-ah!" Wh-What is this view in front of me? J-Jongin's h-hugging B-Baekhyun? But... why?! Is there anything between them? Could it be that they're dating already? But, how about me? H-Have they forgot about me? Oh, look! Jongin's and Baekhyun's lips....., they're meeting each other.

 

Why? Why does this feel so hurt to see Jongin and Baekhyun like that?

 

I don't love Jongin, do I? Baekhyun is my best friend, isn't he?

 

If they're really dating, I have to support them. But... why can't I accept the fact that they're kissing right in front of me?

 

"J-Jongin... B-Baekhyun..." My voice cracks and it successfully separates their lips. They look shocked when they see me.

 

"K-Kyungsoo..." Baekhyun whispers so softly, but I still can hear it.

 

"A-Are you guys d-dating? I saw you j-just now..."

 

"Yes, we are." I haven't even finished my sentence but Jongin cuts me. He holds Baekhyun's hand tightly, making Baekhyun sending him a glare but Jongin seems like he doesn't care. Well, their hands look perfectly matched. Maybe..., they are the real couple that is matched from the heaven.

 

"Kyungsoo, we..."

 

"We're dating, Kyungsoo. Yes, we're dating." Jongin cuts someone's sentence again. Baekhyun's this time. "I've found someone better, you know. Well, thanks for breaking up with me, so I can find out that Baekhyun is the one for me."

 

And I can see Baekhyun blushing.

 

"But... Jongin..." I whisper, but I make it a little louder so they can hear me. "I-I know, it must be egoistic for me to say it now, but I regret it..."

 

"What?"

 

"I regret saying that I don't love you. I regret telling you to find the real one for you. I regret letting you go. I regret that I was a little too late to realize that I actually love you, Kim Jongin." I can't hold my tears anymore. They fall down as I confess to Jongin..., right in front of his new boyfriend who is my best friend, Byun Baekhyun. I can see Baekhyun holding his tears there. He must feel guilty to me now. No, Baekhyun, don't feel so. I'm the one to blame, not you.

 

"I'm sorry, Kyungsoo. But, you told me to move on and find a better one. Now that I've found him, why do you come all of sudden?" D-Does it mean that Jongin just stated that he wants me to go out of his life...? "Now, Kyungsoo. Move on, and find a better one for you. It's not me you're matched with. I'm sorry."

 

"I-I'm sorry, Kyungie-ah..." Baekhyun whispers before he's dragged by Jongin, leaving me all alone sinking in regret.

 

Now I realize how important time is, cause being a little too late will change your whole life.

 

 


 

 

A/N : So this is my first ever fanfic that I post!
And, oh, it's based on my love life story with me as Kyungsoo. Don't worry, I've moved on lol! >///<
Sorry if it's boring or something like that. I don't know I just want to share this one so here it is!
Hope you enjoy it~~~~~!