Chapter 1 : Love Letter

You are My Sunshine.

10 years later:

"SooYeon ah, let's go karaoke after school!!" My best friend Yuri ran to me. Yuri is my friend ever since high school. She is also te second friend that didn't find it weird about my body 'freeze'. Yuri is annoyingly cheerful and always positive as far as I know which is good and I can get use to her hugging me all the time. I smiled at my friend as I shook my head. "Sorry, Yuri but I can't now." Yuri pouts. "Sheesh, high school even now you always can't, aren't you ?" I nodded "I have plans today, maybe we can go karaoke next time?" Yuri then smiles "There is something you didn't tell me aren't you?" Yuri mischiveously raise her eyebrows. Flustered, I push her lightly. "No, I'm not." But Yuri continue to tease me. "Oh yes, you are, who is it, your boyfriend?" I denied strongly "No." 

But then a warm hand, like a sun, swoops it's finger entwine mine. I look around to find that is my sun, who is with me 10 years even now. Wu Yi Fan. "SooYeon ah, time to go." He said with his deep voice. "Yi Fan?" Yuri shocked with her hands close . "Kris Wu, THE Kris Wu?" I saw Yuri's expression, her eyes widen. "What;s wrong?" Yuri throw a light punch at my shoulder repeatedly "How dare you, that's Kris Wu, a famous boy in college, you already dating him?" Kris shook his head "No, I'm not." I look at him, my best friend ever since elementary school until high school. He never leave me or let go of my hand. Of course, how can I forget he is the same college as me and not to mention super popular because he is good at sports and his grades are always a top notch and he is super handsome like an anime male lead character and all the girls in college will melt because of him. "I just hold her hand to make sure she's not cold." He turn to me "Are you?" I nodded "But now I'm not thanks to you." I smiled at him as he shows his gumful smile at me after. "Shall we go?" I nodded "Sorry Yuri ah, time to go!!" As Kris and I leave the classroom, leaving Yuri dumbfounded. 

We went the usual cake house, Emeris Family Cake House. We always went there when we're kids, the workers there are very nice to us, especially Cammy, the owner of the store.Their cake is the best, especially their Chocolate Delight. We walk inside the store and as always, Cammy greet us with warm welcome. "Hello there!! It's been a while does it?" We nodded "Sorry that we don't have time to visit youm Aunt Cammy." The lady shook her head with a warm smile on her face "You are always welcome, deary.So, order the usual?" I look at Yi Fan as he nodd his head "Yeah, two slices,please?" 

"So yummy~~" I finish my first piece of cake until I down my plate. I notice that Yi Fan always giggles, looking at me like this. I pout "He~y, stop staring like that, you're givin me a heebiejeebies." Yi Fan surprised and shook his head cutely "No, I just thinking, you're still didn't change a bit." I frown "Is that an insult there, mister?" He shook his head "Nah, it's a compliment. I'm glad you didn't change though." I grin while I move to my second plate and eat. Yi Fan just stare at me the whole time. I pause for a while because I am curious "Aren't you eating yours?" he shook his head. "Nah, I'm not hungry." I raised my shoulder "Okay" and I continue to eat. "So, how's your family?" I shook my head "Nah, still an ignorant bunch as always." I figure he frowns as he puts his hand down to his chin "How long they're gonna do this anyway." I raised my head to meet with his eyes "My mom is not okay with it though, well, what can I say." As I finish the second one. I drank my whole chocolate chip cookie milkshake  as I release the air of freshness from my mouth. "DONE!" 

We walk down the street, hand in hand the usual. I notice that Yi Fan always keep looking at me "Having fun?" I nodded my head. "I'm glad." As we walk straight to my home, we let go of each other's hand and as we look into each other. "I'll pick you up tomorrow,kay? Don't sleep late." He said with his index finger raised. I laughed and salute him after  "Understood" He smiles as he waved goodbye. "Bye SooYeon ah!" I wave him back "See you tomorrow." As I watch Yi Fan's figure slowly disappears, I smile as I look to my hand he touches. The warmth is still there. "You didn't change, either. I'm glad" as I turn around to went inside. torn papers and things, glass broken on the floor. trashes everywhere. I slowly walk inside the house. I am scared. As I walk without stepping the broken glass, I found my mother were lying on the floor. "MOM!" I shouted as I run to her. Her body is a mess, she was beaten, I can see the red fresh bruised all over her body. "Mom,Mom can you here me? Mom!" As I carry her to my room and found out Dad is not around. I put her down to my bed as I fetch the hot water. I nursed her injuries as I look to my helpless mother lying to my bed. Tears streaming to my eyes as I put bandages to her wounds. "How can this happen?" It all happens to soon.

I remember when I was in middle school, my mom wanted a divorce with my father. She can't stop bringing up the fact that I was born with the body freeze. My dad stubborn as he said he's not gonna have A FREAK as a daughter. I was shocked as I walk away from them. I cried my heart out at night. I started to hate myself from having this 'curse'. I want to die, I seriously wanted to die. But I soon realized I can't because my little sister starts to open up to me by hugging me from the back and cry with me. "Unnie, I want to take care of you, I really am. I'm sorry that Appa and Umma separated because of unnie. Unnie, you must have been crying all along didn't you." I was touched by my little sister's little actions. But it was too late as my father bring Soo Jung away from me, from afar I can see her crying from the back seat as I ran to her but to no avail as I tripped down and fell. I cried, the little sister whom I cherish is no longer with me.

And now, my mother has another man, but this man is quite violent as he always beggs her for money but if she won't he'll hit her with everything he finds without me knowing. I hugged my mother afterwards, why does it happen to me? I didn't ask to be like this. I seriously hated my life. My mother reach her hand to my head and softly pats "SooYeon ah, you're home?" I raised my head, my eyes is still red from tears. "Mom, I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry.." My mother shook her head as she hug me tightly "SooYeon ah, it's not your fault, don't worry sweeatie, these wounds won't kill me." I can't say anything as I bury my face to her shoulder.

 

Now I know that my mom is all along loves me for who I am. I am glad but I felt guilty at the same time.

Mom, I'm sorry

 

After Yi Fan takes me to college. He notice my red eyes "Hey, are you okay?" I nod my head. I'm sorry Yi Fan, I don't want to tell you about it. I cannot get you involve into my personal matter. "No, I think I didn't get to much sleep."  Yi Fan shows his worried face. "Are you sure?" I nod. He didn't say anything and just move along while holding my hand. As I watch his hands. His warmth as the sun. The thought of letting him go his hand slipped into my mind. What will he react if I told him that I no longer needed him. I don't want to hurt him, not now, I'll wait until the opportunity came. For now, I need to stay with him and as always walk beside him with our hands hold to each other.

 

"Hey, have you heard?" Yuri whisperes to me. "What?" Yuri lean closer to me to get my ear "That bratty Park Gyuri had a crush on Kris Wu." I moved my head away from her with frown "Yuri ah, why are you telling me this?"  Yuri slap her face in her most comical ways "C'mon, SooYeon ah, it means you have a love rival, you know!" I flinch at what she said to me "Since when I have a love rival, Yi Fan and I were just friends and nothing more." Yuri put her face down to her desk as I look at her in odd. I hear about Park Gyuri, a silent type of student, a lot of men are drooling over her. I can't blame her, she's very beautiful, like a Goddess Aphrodite, even I admire her. But she didn't speak a lot which leads all the students brand her the "Jjajeung Gyuri". I also found out she is also liked Yi Fan. That's good right? Because he is popular guy in school and she's a beauty. "I hope Kris rejected her when she confess" Yuri clap her hands together and scrunch her eyes and nose together. "Yuri, don't condemn her okay? She didn't do anything to you" As I slap her back with my cold hands. She grit her teeth as she rolls her sleeves "Ooh, you're gonna get it, Jung SooYeon, come back here!!" As she chased me around the classroom. We laugh out loud and shouting and the other students just watch us in awe.

I walk down to the school park with Yuri after our lectures. Yuri just went back after buying me my favourite chocolate cake from the school's cake store [The store is also Aunt Cammy's] "Two slices?" Yuri brought a package "Two slices." I smiles and as I franticly open the package, my eyes is glimming with light. My favourite Chocolate Delight. As I chew down my cake, I didn't mind looking at Yuri's expression or anybody. I noticed as I stop with a chocolate spreads my mouth. Yuri shook her head as she reach out to me and wipe the smudge out from my face with her hankie. "You owe me my hankie, alright?" I noded. "Sorry, I forgot it has a fork inside them ,too." I pick up the fork inside the package I slice down the layer and swoopt into my mouth while my head down low.

"Are you miss Jung SooYeon Sunbaenim?" I raised my head to the younger looking guy, he holds a envelop. "Yes, it's me." He reach his hand that hold the envelop to me "Someone told me to bring it to you." As I grab hold the envelope, the boy ran away. "Whadda heck?" Yuri chewing her piece of her cheese cake inside . I put down my cake and I open the envelope. There is a letter. "Who is it?" Yuri looking beside me as I unfold the piece of paper as I read, my eyes are widen, and so does Yuri as we look to each other. It's a love letter? I read it out loud for Yuri " Dear Jung SooYeon, I like you since we're 1st year of college and you are extreamly beautiful and kind hearted. Will you go out with me?I will wait for you."

"From who?" Yuri questions, I look down at the end of the sentences inside "It's from--Ok Taekyeon?" Yuri gasped, is widen as a hole. "Taekyeon, THE OK TAEKYEON has write you a love letter, Jung SooYeon!!!" I was taken aback at Yuri's excitment. Ok Taekyeon? I've heard that name before? But where?

"A love letter?" Yi Fan said, almost as shocking as Yuri. I nodded. "Yeah from Ok Taekyeon himself, but I don't know who is he." Yi Fan playing with his vanilla milkshake, he looks, I don't know, frowning? "What's wrong?" I ask him. Yi Fan then looked at me as he search something in his pocket. He let out a scrunch of paper from his big hand as he give it to me. It was a photo, a past photo I think. "Taekyeon, or I sometimes call him Taeck, we were friends since I live in Canada. He's quite taller. But he's not bad at all. We were friends since kindergarten, but." Kris stops for a while. I wandered what's wrong with him making him stop halfway. He turn and smiles at me "He move to Korea before me. Like in fourth year of Kindergarten like that. We lost contact ever since."  I puzzled at his story "So, the one who wrote this love letter is your friend?" Kris seems unsure so he shook his head "I don't know is he is the same person." I let out a small breath and put my chin on the table. "So you got a love letter too, I thought I was the one." I raised my head in awe "Really?" Yi Fan nods. I was extreamly excited of who is this person. "Is she the same batch as us, or our junior." Yi Fam smiles "Hold up, but I didn't read it yet." He bring out the envelope as he opens. He unfolds the paper. He looked at me with an amuse face as he grin. I notice that I slap his shoulder as he let out the small 'ow' under his breath. "Read it!" He nodded and as he begin to read. "Dear Kris Wu Yi Fan, I have always loved you from the moment I saw you. You may not remember me but I remember you, you protect me from those bullies. You are so cool. Will you go out with me?" He finish reading his letter. "From who?" He looked at me as he read the last sentences "From, Park Gyuri?" Park Gyuri? The infamous Jjangeun Gyuri wrote a love letter at Yi Fan. But I'm not surprised at all.

"Park Gyuri, whose Park Gyuri?" he turn to me and I raised my shoulders.

But sooner or later, I found out that this love letters will change our lifes forever. Which means...

I don't have to cling on Yi Fan anymore..

But..

Why am I feeling sad, I'm suppose to be happy..

But,why?

 

 

A/N: Haha first chapter updated!! Haiyaa, I'm getting a goosebumps over here..What will our KrisSica do?