Betrothals sound more magical in a fairy tale

I'll protect you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minhye

 

Honestly, at that moment, I wished I had mirrors all around me. So then, I could see exactly what my expressions were transforming into.

I know I started with utter horror. My mouth had been hanging open while L.joe was smiling sheepishly, his brown eyes twinkling with a deep unspoken apology. My eyes were wide and probably dilated with pure terror. I must've been as pale as a ghost.

And then my horror transformed into complete rage. What was this boy doing here? The deal said I didn't have to be at his side until our engagement was announced. And how the hell did he find out I was in Gangnam? The only one who I can legally give out the information of my whereabouts was my grandmother.

And she knew plenty well not to put me near L.joe.

People took steps back, their faces tight as their eyes flickered from one to another, and towards mine. They looked... fearful. Girld huddled together, like staying in a pack would somehow protect them. The boys began to tense up their fists, preparing for a fight.

And then there was L.joe.

He was a tall, ((let's make him tall in this fic, he'd be more than happy)) very very very gorgeous young man that was just a year older than me. L.joe had strong cheekbones and a strong jawline, both were tense as his brown eyes eyed me warily.

"Oh, Minhye, don't look at me like that," he started. "I thought the urges to murder me had long gone."

And, unexpectantly, I lunged at him, my demonic claws out (i'm kidding, I don't actually have demonic claws), a yearning for blood burning in my veins. I must've resembled an animal, for many others started screaming and pushed themselves against the walls, their eyes wide and frightened as my fingers latched onto L.joe's black jacket and pushed him into a wall.

"How did you find out I was here?" I snarled, enforcing my words with brute force as his back hit the wall once more. When he didn't answer, merely groaned in pain, I elbowed him hard in the chest, causing him to cry out even more.

"What the hell are you doing here?" My voice whispered ferociously, a hint of panic beginning to settle in. "We made a promise, L.Joe! Why are you here?" 

I was about to slap him to get some answers when a pair of strong arms wrapped around my waist, picking me up and setting me aside.

"Sehun, let me go!" I cried. "I have to know why he's here! There's something going on! MY POSITION IS COMPROMISED!"

"What position?" He snorted. I fought even harder so that he would let go of my waist, but oh my goodness, this boy was incredibly strong! My legs were kicking rabidly, my arms flailing uncontrollably, and a steady steam of curse words were leaving my mouth, and yet, Sehun refused to let me go.

"If you don't stop struggling, I will pick you up and carry you to my mother's office," he finally threatened, his voice low and rough in my ear.

"I dare you," I breathed slowly.

My mind didn't think he would actually do it. Especially in public when he had a girlfriend. Especially considering the fact that one shouldn't really touch the princess of Cimeria without her full given consent.

But Sehun swooped me up, swinging my whole body into his arms so that I was being carried bridal style down the golden hallways of Oh Academy. With the whole student body gawking with curious gazes as it happened.

Sehun barked a few orders, which resulted in the crowds disspitating rather quickly, along with L.joe jogging to catch up with him. The last shred of my dignity slipped away as L.joe grinned boyishly down at me.

"I hate you," I muttered to Sehun, mustering every amount of hate I had ever felt for him in my entire life into my syllables. He merely grinned cockily, and clutched me even tighter, so that my face was practically pressed into his chest.

And god, did he smell good.

I wished the walk could've been a bit more rowdy. Sehun remained his stoic, unfriendly self, refusing to even look at L.joe. I was degraded and helpless, for Sehun's arms made my whole body transform intp pink jelly. And my boy, L.joe was humming a cheerful pop tune the entire time.

"Are you humming EXO?" I inquired in a conversational manner, restricting the anger and shame I felt at the moment.

"Can't go a day in the city without hearing it somewhere, love. Sorry, if it's bothering you." He smiled apologetically again, and guilt washed over me. I really shouldn't have been so rough on him. Darn L.joe for making it hard for making it hard to hold a grudge.

"Are you tired?" L.joe then aksed Sehun. "I can carry her for you. I've dont it plenty of times."

Sehun's arms tightened (and I didn't think that had been possible) and refused to answer or look. If anything, I would;ve betted that there would be no possible way for me to escape Sehun's arms at this point. I felt like a small teddy bear being grapsed in the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter