The Day of Days

The Day of Days - Chunji

The cool autumn air settled around the people that walked into your store as you took their order and brought over the already made order. Bustling from one full table to the next, you didn’t know when you were going to take a break let alone a lunch break with your best friend, Chunji.

Chunji walked in the cool air from the studio as his dark green sweater covered his hands that stuffed into his pockets as he walked to the Cafe where you worked. Standing across the street from the shop he saw that you were super busy, handing back orders, taking orders, taking money but you always seem to have a smile on your face. No matter what, that smile always remained on your face. One of the many things that he loved about you.

He stood outside and watched you for a while as the crowds inside thinned, watching you lean on the counter catching your breath he waved his hand as you just stared out the window not even noticing. A mad costumer came over as you tried to reason with him making him another order of what he wanted as he went back to his seat disgusted.

Chunji wished that he could go inside and talk to you, to go and hug you as you tried to look anywhere to get your mind off of the event that just happened. First, Chunji had to do something. Confess. But getting your attention wasn’t easy and getting you away from the Cafe and the costumers. 

His mind began to race as he thought of what he could do. Looking at the surrounding buildings there was a floral shop as he walked in buying a single rose as it was a symbol of love. Smelling the sweet scent reminded him of your perfume. 

Going through several ways that he could confess to you he chose one of his favorite ideas as he stood outside the store as he began dancing to the Teen Top songs that were your favorite. All of the moves and songs had a crowd forming as they cheered for him. Being busier then ever you couldn’t make out the talented dancer as you get back to work.

Dancing to all of your favorite songs, the crowd cheered as he caught his breath. You weren’t in the crowd and you were still serving people as he then thought up another quick idea. Walking into your shop he took a seat all by himself as you walked up to him.

"Can I get you anything, Sir?" You asked as you pulled out your pen and paper as Chunji smiled at you and began to sing along with one of the beautiful love songs that played through your store. The song from Brian McKnight, Back at One.

It’s undeniable… that we should be together…
It’s unbelievable how I used to say that I’d fall never
The basis is need to know, if you don’t know just how I feel,
Then let me show you now that I’m for real…
If all things in time, time will reveal…
Yeah…

One… you’re like a dream come true…
Two… just wanna be with you…
Three… girl it’s plain to see… that your the only one for me…
Four… repeat steps one through three…
Five… make you fall in love with me…
If ever I believe my work is done… then I start Back at One (yeah)

So Incredible… the way things work themselves out…
And all emotional, once you know what it’s all about babe…
And undesirable… for us to be apart…
Never would of made it very far…
Cause you know that you’ve got the keys to my heart
Cause…

One… you’re like a dream come true
Two… just wanna be with you
Three… girl it’s plain to see… that your the only one for me
Four.. .repeat steps one through three
Five… make you fall in love with me
If ever I believe my work is done… then I start Back at One……

Say farewell to the dark of night… I see the coming of the sun…
I feel like a little child… whose life has just begun…
You came and breathed new life
Into this lonely heart of mine…
You threw out the life line… just in the Nick of Time…..

One… you’re like a dream come true
Two… just wanna be with you
Three… girl it’s plain to see… that your the only one for me… girl and…
Four… repeat steps one through three
Five… make you fall in love with me
If ever I believe my work is done… then I start Back at One.


While singing he handed you the rose and stood up as he twirled you around, slow dancing with you as the costumers watched the beautiful sight. Slow dancing with Chunji was beautiful beyond any dream as you listened to the song closing your eyes and letting your head rest on his shoulder. When the song was over everyone stood around and waited as Chunji got down on one knee holding your hand with his two.

”_______, will you be my girlfriend?” Chunji asked as his soft classic smile radiated from him as you looked down, speechless. The crowd seemed to hold their breath as they waited for your answer. Nodding your head slowly, a smile pulled at the corner of your mouth as you happily nodded faster. The crowd erupted in cheers as Chunji wrapped you in a hug and twirled you around.

"I will try and make you the happiest girl in the world." Chunji promised as his lips whispered to your ear.

"You already have." You said as your voice cracked in his ear. Hugging you tighter the crowd settled down a little bit as you settled down in a booth with Chunji. "I have something for you." You got out of the booth as you made him some Hot Chocolate with a foam heart in the center. Bringing it back to the table you kissed his cheek.

"Happy Birthday, my Chunhee." You snuggled against his shoulder as he smiled at you wrapping an arm around you happily while sipping the perfect Hot Chocolate. Not knowing how this could get any better.