004

No More Dream

A/N: Chapter up! My feels for this chapter. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. XD 


When the sun shines brightly into Yejin’s eyes next morning, she rolls around before waking up to a minor headache. She takes a deep breath and stretch; realizing it’s not her room. She couldn’t remember what happen last night, it was all a blur to her. She glances around to find herself fully dressed.

 

“Don’t worry. I didn’t do anything to you.” A voice was heard from the distant.

 

She follows the sound of the voice to find Hoseok leaning against the wall, staring at her.

 

“What happen? How did I get here? Did you do anything—“ She asks confusingly.

“You act as like I’ve never seen you before.” He says cutting her off and walks towards her.

“Forget about it.” She mumbles before pushing the blanket away to stand.

 

Before she could fully stand, her legs were giving up on her and she collapse but thankfully Hoseok was near to catch her. She stood up and lift her head, their faces were just inches away and she could feel her heart beating rapidly. For a moment, she wished for it to last longer but her without knowing she pushes him away.

 

“You know you’re pretty when you sleep?” He asks.

 

She pauses her steps, her back facing him.

 

“We’re not in any kind of relationship for you to say those words to me.” She replies.

“I mean it though.” He responds.

“Save it for her.” She said before making her way out the room.

 

She was making her way downstairs when the maid stops her.

 

“Miss.”

 

Yejin turns around to greet the servant.

 

“Would you like to have breakfast before you go?”

“It’s okay—“

“Young Master made breakfast himself. He said it’s your favorite.” The maid cuts her off. “I have set the table already.”

 

Yejin didn’t want to be disrespectful so she follows the maid into the dining room. She sits patiently while the maid set a plate in front of her.

 

“Can you stay with me?” Yejin asks the maid before she could leave the room.

“Yes?”

“I mean if you don’t mind. Can you stay here with me until I finish eating?” Yejin rephrase herself.

“Is there something wrong?”

“I-it’s just I don’t like to eat alone.”

 

The maid gives Yejin a slight smile and stands beside her. Yejin grabs the spoon and dig into the soup. After a bite, she chuckles to herself.

 

“Is there something wrong with the food?” The maid asks nervously.

“No.” Yejin replies. “Hoseok-ssi’s rice soup has never changed.”

“So our Young Master must had made you breakfast often.”

“Used to.” Yejin’s smile fades away. “But I’m sure he’s making it for someone else.” Yejin responds before she starts eating again.

 

After finishing her bowl of breakfast, the maid cleans the table off and Yejin gets ready to leave.

 

“Would you like to visit Madame before you leave?”

“Ah-that?” Yejin asks shyly.

“Young Master just step out.” The maid gives her a warm smile.

 

Yejin slowly approach the room where Hoseok’s Mother was place in. She shuts the door behind her gently and walks over to the bed. Yejin brushes the hair away from Hoseok’s Mother’s face and pulls the blanket higher to cover her. She took a breath before sitting down on the chair beside the bed.

 

“Aunty.” She let out a long sigh. “It’s been a long time since I’ve visit.” Yejin grabs onto her hand. “I told you a while back that I have no more reasons to visit.” She chuckles. “Yet, I am here again.”

 

There was a moment of silence. Hoseok enters the room without knowing and pauses his steps when he witnesses the scene in front of him.

 

“Hoseok-oppa misses you. You should open your eyes and wake up.” She says her voice starts to crack. “How long are you going to make him wait?”

 

Hoseok silently lean against the wall, listening. Yejin took a breath to hold in the tears from falling.

 

“Why did you lie to me?” Yejin said and Hoseok’s listen carefully. “Why did you tell me to wait? He has someone he likes already—and he loves her a lot too. So why am I still waiting?” She whispers softly and Hoseok can hear the pain in her voice,

 

Yejin sits quietly for a moment before standing up to leave; just to find Hoseok standing behind. Embarrassed of herself, she made her way pass him and walks out. Hoseok follows her out and catch up with her. He pulls gently onto her hand which made her stop walking.

 

“Do you visit my Mother often?” He asks.

“I used to. I won’t anymore.”

“Thank you.” He says thanking her for all the time she spent with his Mother.

“Take care of her.”

“Did you want me to drop you off?” He asks.

“No thanks.” She said and walks out, not eyeing him a second.


It was the day of the Music Festival. Yejin was going to do a solo performance, she was back stage and she sees Joo Eun. Her, Namjoon, Yoongi and Seokjin seems to be getting along. She couldn’t help herself but feel a bit envious. Witnessing how friendly everyone was with her, Yejin felt a bit pity for herself. Yejin was waiting for her turn when Hoseok spots her behind the curtains.

 

“I would never have thought in a million years that you’ll be nervous.” Hoseok thought to himself after a small chuckle.

 

Yejin was on standby since she was the second contestant to perform. The teacher calls out her name, she took a breath before walking up stage. She was really nervous since there were so many eyes on her. The music starts and she closes her eyes.

 

~ I want to hear your voice

I want to hear it badly, like crazy

I want to hear the memories of anger and laughter

I miss your voice

The talking you, I want to be able to touch you

If I embrace the times of happiness and sadness

Maybe today I-I

 

What is with that person?

He still fills my heart

He doesn’t get out of my head

It’s no use even if I cry

It’s no use, even if I curse him to my heart’s content

I will never, never forget that person

 

The day I sent you away

I felt as though this world had stopped

I’m still the same

And you’ll probably never know this loneliness

But still I-I ~

 

For a moment, Hoseok and Yejin’s eyes meet. Her nervousness overtook her and she was unable to move when she saw him in the back of the room; he was just staring at her.

 

~ Why am I the lonely?

Even without you, you’re still the only one for me

Why do I keep on seeing the empty space?

I’m in an endless loop.

It’s no use, whoever I meet

It’s no use, even if I barely smile

I will never, never be that person ~

 

Without waiting for the song to end, Yejin quickly leaves the stage and got everyone gasping in shock.

 

“Yejin-ah.” Namjoon calls after her but she walks pass everyone.

“What’s wrong with her?” Seokjin asks.

 

Joo Eun and Namjoon shrugs their shoulders.

 

“Let her be. She’s just being overly dramatic.”

“How can you say that?” Joo Eun gives Yoongi the eyes.

 

Hoseok walk away from the room trying to search for Yejin but she was nowhere to be found. Hoseok walks back to the auditorium to watch the rest of the performances and wait for the gang’s turns. Yejin walks up to the roof and close the door behind before leaning against it. She bending down and buries her face against her knee.

 

“Our story had ended long ago already—so why am I the only one with these lingering attachments?” She pours her heart out alone with no one as her company.

 

When Hoseok reach the auditorium, before entering her hears a familiar voice. As he enters, he sees Joo Eun and the gang already on stage and the crowds was in awe. Joo Eun was glancing around the room when she spots Hoseok standing at the corner of the room by the exit. She couldn’t control her expression when she saw him. The only thing going through her mind was him being there and it made her misses him even more. As the song comes close to the end, Joo Eun trembles yet manage to finish the song.

 

~ It’s cold here

It’s so cold

My heart is frozen

My lips are cracking

It’s so cold for me

I try to block the hole in my heart

But the wind keeps leaking in ~

 

Hoseok watch as the performance end and he claps along with the rest of the students.

 

“Knowing that you won’t be next to me—it’s so cold here for me too.” Hoseok thought to himself.

“Why do you keep appearing and disappearing in front of me? Do you know how much I miss you?—I just want to hear your voice.” Joo Eun thought to herself.

 

Hoseok didn’t greet or meet the gang members. He walks off before the show was over and right when he arrives at the school entrance, he sees Yejin leaving the school ground.

 

“Isn’t that the reason we broke up in the first place? You always ignore me.” Hoseok mumbles before walking towards the car that awaits him.