make you feel my love.

Make You Feel My Love

Kaeun had been stuck inside for weeks. After an unfortunate incident left her with a broken leg she had to fend for herself because her girlfriend E-Young was busy working. Kaeun had texted her a lot but didn't want to seem like she was nagging but she was bored out of her mind. Every time she tried to talk to E-Young it was "Not now Kaeun" or "I'm sorry but I'm busy". She was starting to question if E-Young really loved her or not. Even though she said it Kaeun wanted her to prove it.

Today was one of those days, Kaeun wanted to spend time with E-Young but all she got was "I have to go to work" then she was alone again.

"Do you even love me.." Kaeun mumbled as she watched her girlfriend walk down the path.

Kaeun sat and watched TV for a while, then decided she wanted to go out. She got dressed, put on a jacket then used her crutches to help her outside. She reached the edge of the busy road and waited until there were no cars. She carefully began to cross, but the incoming truck didn't see her. She went flying a few metres away from the truck and landed on the floor. She heard a lot of yelling, then she passed out.

 

Meanwhile, E-Young was in an office somewhere close by when she got a phone call.

"Hello, this is E-Young speaking." She said.

"There has been an accident involving your girlfriend, Lee Kaeun." Said the paramedic, then the locations were given.

E-Young sprinted to the scene where she saw the truck and Kaeun lying on the floor.

"KAEUN!" She screamed, holding her girlfriend in her arms. She looked at the paramedics. "Y.. You have to save her.."

"There's nothing we can do. The hit was critical. Her ribs are cracked and she had a huge impact with the truck which caused her to hit her head on the floor. Even though she's still alive, she's beyond saving.." Said one of the paramedics, then they left them alone and waited in the ambulance.

"Kaeunnie.. I'm so sorry.. I should have been here more to help you.. If only you knew what I planned for us.." She mumbled, then she pulled the ring out of her pocket. "Kaeun.. Please.. I'm sorry.." She sobbed.

 

FLASHBACK

It was a cold winter's day and E-Young was looking for a coffee shop. She found one not too far from where she was living. She entered and ordered her coffee then she sat down near the window. A few tables away from her was a girl, not much younger than herself. The girl looked lonely so E-Young went over to talk to her.

"Hello. I noticed you're alone too." She said. "Do you want some company?"

The girl nodded shyly. "Th.. Thanks."

E-Young sat down opposite her. "So, what's your name?"

"K.. Kaeun.. Yours?" The girl asked.

"E-Young. Nice to meet you." E-Young said, bowing.

"Nice to meet you too.. S-So.. What brings you here? I've n-never seen you a-around before.." Said Kaeun.

"I just moved here a few days ago because of a new job."E-Young said. "You're a local then I guess?"

"I go to a university around here." She said.

The two spent a while talking until late in the afternoon.

"I should go now, I have work to do. It was nice meeting you Kaeun, I hope we meet again soon." E-Young said.

"We should arrange to meet up more often." Kaeun said, then she handed E-Young a piece of paper with her number on. "I'll see you later."

 

PRESENT

"I wish we could have spent more time together.. I wish work didn't get in the way.. Kaeun.." She held the younger girl close. "I'm so sorry..."

 

FLASHBACK

It had been two months since E-Young had met Kaeun. They met up a lot at the weekend always at the small coffee shop.

"Unnie.. I was thinking.." Kaeun stopped, looked down and blushed.

"What? Tell me, I won't laugh." E-Young said.

"I.. I like you.. No.. I love you.." Kaeun mumbled shyly.

E-Young smiled. "Really? I was wondering if you would ever say it.. I feel the same way."

"..D-Do you want to be m-my girlfriend then?" Kaeun asked.

E-Young nodded. "Of course."

They stood up and hugged each other tightly.

 

PRESENT

"All the times I ignored you Kaeun.. I never meant to.. I should have looked after you whilst you were injured.. And now look what happened.." E-Young spoke through tears.

 

FLASHBACK

The two had moved in together a few months ago. Today was their anniversary of when they met in the coffee shop a year ago.

"Unnie, do you know what it is today?" Kaeun asked, hugging E-Young tightly.

"Of course I do. It's our anniversary of when we met." E-Young said, smiling.

"If it wasn't for you coming to talk to me we would have never met and my life would still be boring and empty." Kaeun said, playing with E-Young's hair. "I love you unnie~"

"I love you too Kaeunnie~" E-Young said.

 

PRESENT

E-Young was still in the middle of the road holding the younger girl. There was a small cough and Kaeun opened her eyes.

"Unnie.." She whispered. "I.. I love you.."

"Kaeun.." E-Young sobbed. "I love you too.."

Kaeun gently took E-Young's hand and smiled. "Promise you will be happy without me.. I'll still be here in your heart unnie.."

"I p-promise.. I'll never forget you Kaeun.." E-Young said.

Kaeun's eyes closed slowly.

"I love you... So much.." She whispered, then she stopped breathing.

"I.. I love you too Kaeunnie.." E-Young whispered.