1/1

His Eyes

Not very happy with how this turned out T_T... in my head it was better. Oh well... I hope you'll like it. Tomorrow I'll upload Another Chance at Love. Don't forget to comment and subscribe.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Ms Kim, why don’t I have a mother?” the five year old boy asked his teacher.

Hyuna kneeled in front of the boy and ran a hand through his hair “Because God loved your mommy more and took her to him.”

The boy frowned “But I love my mommy too. Why did He took her from me? And why did she left me? She didn’t loved me?”

Hyuna sighed. Explaining the concept of death to a five year old, so he could understand was difficult.

“Junghwa, sometimes people that we love, are forced to leave us. That doesn’t mean that they don’t love us as well. Remember when you fell two days ago, and you cried because your knee hurt?” when the boy nodded she continued. “Your mommy was hurting too, a million times worse that you, so that’s why God took her to Him, so she won’t be hurting anymore. Even if she’s not here with you, she’s still taking care of you from heaven.”

“That’s what daddy said.”

“Your daddy was right.”

The boy smiled and hugged Hyuna. “Thank you Ms Kim.” He then ran to play with the other kids.

Hyuna stood up and crossed her arms watching the kids play, especially the little boy.

His eyes. Since the moment she laid her eyes on him, memories started flooding her. The similarities between the little boy and her highschool love were huge, from the mesmerizing eyes, to the plump lips and brown hair. She shook her head. It was just a coincidence, nothing more. The nostalgia of being back in the country was making her remember things.

She smiled at the fond memories. Junhyung has been her first everything, first kiss, first man, first love. Unfortunately at the end of her junior year, her dad had found out that he suffered from a rare disease and they left the country so he could get a better treatment. She ended up losing contact with him, but she never forgot him. She had had relationships for the past 10 years, and she has been in love too, but she never loved anyone with the same intensity as him.

***

Hyuna sipped her coffee watching Junghwa looking out the window excitedly. His father was coming back from a trip and he couldn’t wait to see him.

It’s been five months since she was back in South Korea and three months since she started working as a preschool teacher, and she never met the said father. It was usually the aunt’s boy who was doing the bringing and picking of the boy.

“Daddy!” Junghwa squealed and flung himself into a man’s arms.

Hyuna followed the boy with her eyes and gasped out loud when she met the man’s eyes.

“Junhyung!”

“Hyuna!”

Both man and woman whispered at the same time.

***

“God! He has so much energy!” Junhyung complained as he sat down on the bench next to Hyuna, both of them watching Junghwa play from a safe distance.

“He’s young. What do you expect?” Hyuna shook her head amused.

“Are you saying I’m old?” Junhyung asked outraged, making Hyuna laugh.

It’s been four months since they’ve met again and they’ve seen each other almost everyday, catching up with their lives. He married five years ago with a girl he met at university, two years ago she died of cancer. She also found out that like her he fulfilled his childhood dream and became a music producer. She met some old friends as well, Gayoon and Doojoon which got married after they finished highschool and now they’ve had two kids.

“A penny for your thoughts.”

Hyuna smiled at Junhyung “Sorry, I was spacing out.”

“What were you thinking at?”

“Us,” she looked deeply into his eyes.

He placed a strand of hair behind her ear before cupping her cheek into his palm and leaning in to kiss her.

It wasn’t a passionate kiss, nor hungry. It was gentle and comforting. They were both testing their feelings for each other.

Pulling away and gazing into each other’s eyes, Hyuna knew that he felt the same thing as her.

“Daddy, is Ms Kim going to be my new mommy?” Junghwa asked startling both of them.

“Why do you ask?” Junhyung asked his little boy.

“You were kissing her on the lips. I saw on Tv that mommies and daddies are always kissing on the lips.”

Junhyung smiled “Do you want her to be your mommy?”

“Yes, I like her very much,” the boy answered sincerely.

“Then you have to help me convince her to be your new mommy.” He turned and looked at Hyuna who was watching them with tears in her eyes.

With a big smile, she opened her arms and her new son jumped eagerly into her embrace. Over the boy’s head, Junhyung leaned in and pecked her lips gently, his eyes full of love.