That's It.

Love & Being Loved
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the end, Yoona did not go to Daesung's party. She came out of her room in the middle of the night, not surprising that the study room lights were still on. Her heart wasn't at peace and was worried, but still, her legs had involuntarily walked towards it. 

Jiyong was slumped into the sofa, a leg bent while another spilling out to the carpet. A half-bottle of whiskey was on the table beside him and in between his sleek fingers, was a stick of burning cigarette. He inhaled and blew out a puff of white smoke, staring straight up the ceiling, not moving at all.

She pushed the door open gently, walking on the carpet, producing soft ruffling sounds. He snapped up from it, coming face to face with her, his expression a cold and distant one. Yoona stopped in her steps. She had been puzzled about the nonchalance of Jiyong during these few occasions where she had acted weirdly, but right now, a pang of sudden realisation had hit her - Jiyong, who had always been nonchalant and mysterious, had known much more that she had imagined.

They remained in still silence, only the faint moonlight and table lamp shining onto their delicate features.

"What's the matter?" Jiyong sat up, distinguishing his cigarette, so refined, but yet fierce.

Yoona felt a rush of panic in her and didn't know what to say. However, Jiyong kept staring at her, as though forcing her to speak up.

"It's late... W-Why aren't you sleeping yet..."

"Yeahs, tomorrow I would be going back to work. I should sleep early," he let out a weak smirk, standing up, eyes leaking with a hint of threaten. "Oh ya. You know Kang Daesung right?"

"Yes," Yoona's heart lurched.

"He would be taking over your position starting from tomorrow. You can exchange the necessary information with him," his smile was gentle, but yet, it was mysterious and dark. "But since you guys know each other, you all should get along just fine. Fantastic in fact." 

Kang Daesung? Why would he mention him out of a sudden? Did he already know something?

Yoona was stunned and moved back a step, only to be caught back by him, pulling her right into his chest. Her nostrils was hit by a strong smell of alcohol and cigarette. She was worried and looked up, meeting a pair of threatening, scary eyes.

"Where are you going, Mrs Kwon?" 

"I-"

Before she could finish her sentence, she was cut off by his rough kiss. He pushed himself against her, using his weight to press on her, letting them fall on the sofa. Yoona felt the pain in her chest and cried out, trying to struggle out of his grasp, but he just got fiercer, rougher.

"D-Don't..." Yoona tilted her head to the side, not wanting to meet his rage-filled eyes.

"Why not?" He replied coldly, using his hand to turn her face to face him. "Who are you thinking about? Look at me! I'm your HUSBAND!"

He went back, taking her lips. Yoona looked out far through the french windows, eyes filled with tears. The night was so cold, so dark, so mysterious...

Just like this guy on top of her.

Who exactly is he? In his heart, who exactly is her?

His gentleness let her feel warm and fuzzy, his coldness let her fear and his anger had brought her tears and heartaches. How could his body be so hot against her, but yet, his kisses were so cold, so though trying to freeze her entire body?

Yoona cried silently, giving up the struggles, allowing him to take away the last bit of her warmth...

✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞

A few days later, Jiyong had went to visit Youngbae who had shifted back to Seoul. 

"Ahhh, guess like I'm back eventually~" Youngbae sighed as he arranged the photoframes on his desk. "Yul went to visit Hyo. These few days, man, her moodswings are getting scarier I swear."

"Congrats," Jiyong mocked.

"Oh well," Youngbae shrugged as he stared at his wedding photo with Yuri with a smile. "It would be worth it though. You know how bubbly and active she had always been. Because of this baby, she had given up dancing for the time being. This is the least I can do for her."

"So this explains your business here?" Jiyong asked.

"Yeahs. Though re-building contacts is hard, I should do this," Youngbae replied.

"A MIT student graduated with honours in Law afraid of not getting customers?" Jiyong chuckled. "It's pure nonsensical and baseless. Besides, if it really happens, I can employ you." 

"Spare me," Youngbae rolled his eyes. "I hate to handle corporate legal matters."

"Well, it doesn't have to be about corporate matters. It can be about my personal matters too."

"You're getting a divorce?" It was meant to be a joke but Youngbae's smile faded as Jiyong remained silent. "You serious?"

Looking far out of the tall skyscraper, into the white clouds and down to the busy streets, Jiyong let out a sarcastic smile, not responding.

"Ji, I know your temper all too well," Youngbae chided. "Sometimes, you should just drop your self-esteem a little. Speak out what's in your mind, if not, Yoona will never know."

"Speak what? It's already all too late..." 

Jiyong stood up and walked towards the door. 

"At least you're not divorced yet. Right?" 

✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞

Yoona reached her office only at 10AM. She had been trying to fight away the giddy spell and nausea for these few days. Her appetite was ruined too and just today, she had only drank a glass of strawberry milk before going to the office. Even so, she already had a revolting feeling by the time she reached the office.

She thought it should be due to the massive workload recently. Due to the exchange of job scope, she had been busy tidying up the entire space and document, ensuring that the exchange would go on smoothly.

"This is the past London issue we had," Yoona instructed. "Daesung-sshi might want to look at it."

"Got it," Taeyeon nodded. "Ahh, we had only submitted the application a week ago and now, you're already getting ready to move away. We'll all miss you, Yoona-sshi!"

"Yeahs! Why don't you bring Taeyeon and I into your department too?" Jessica asked.

"After I'm gone, you two would be the only two left that's most familiar with this department," Yoona chuckled. "How can I take you two away? Besides, Daesung-sshi is a nice guy. You guys would get along well with him."

"Yoona-sshi, you know Daesung-sshi?" 

Yoona was startled. After the phone call on White Day, she hadn't contact Daesung anymore. And ever since that night, perhaps, due to workload, Jiyong wasn't at home often too. Jiyong made no explanation for his actions that night and she didn't want to see him either.

"We met a few times."

"Hope he's really a nice guy and we'll get along just fine!" Taeyeon sighed as she tidied the documents.

Yoona stared at the phone blankly after Taeyeon had left her office, allowing her to have some peace. The phone rang.

"Hello?" 

"It's me," Jiyong's voice sounded from the other end. "I would be at your office to pick you up for lunch." 

"Eh?" Yoona was shocked.

"There's something I want to talk to you."

"Okays..."

With that, he hung up the call. Yoona let out a deep sigh. She used to be nonchalant about his actions, but now, every little thing he do, it would get a response from her heart, setting her heart racing. That night, where he had taken her completely, leaving all the faints and vivid marks on her body. However, the very next day, he was gone and didn't come back often. Just when she thought they would be back to their old self, he called again.

What was he thinking? What did he want to talk about?

Could it be about...

Daesung?

Yoona's heart sank upon this thought. After that night, she was certain that Jiyong had known about her past with Daesung. She wasn't clear how much he knew though and didn't get why didn't he question her about this, just standing by a side, watching all this quietly. But one thing she knew for certain; he was punishing her. 

There's still some time before he get here. Right?

✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞

She let out a sigh and headed out of her office, wanting to get a cup of warm cocoa. However, a sudden giddy spell hit her and she heard Jessica's gasp but didn't feel that she'd hit the ground. She stabilised herself and when she opened her eyes, she found that she was in Daesung's arms.

"Are you okay?"

Daesung looked at her with worried eyes. Yoona wanted to jump out of his embrace immediately but she didn't have the energy. She had to lean on Daesung as he brought her back to her office, letting her rest on the sofa.

"I'm fine," Yoona touched her forehead, giving a weak smile. "It's most probably a cold. The weather is really cold these days..."

"Then you should go and see the doctor!"

Taeyeon had brought Yoona a warm cup of tea and Daesung took it from her immediately, giving it to Yoona carefully, ignoring Jessica's and Taeyeon's bewildered gazes.

"Your body had always been weak! Whenever winter comes, you will fall ill. Don't you know how to take care of yourself?" Daesung nagged. 

Yoona stretched her hand out to take the warm tea, feeling a little frustrated and annoyed. Though her body wasn't strong, it wasn't often that she experienced giddiness and feeling nausea. Besides, it's only recently did she began to feel nausea and had even vomited a few time-

A shocking fact hit her. Could it be... She's pregnant? 

Just as she's in a shock, Taeyeon's voice rang.

"Sha jang nim! You're here!" 

Why was he here so quickly?! Didn't he just call a minute ago? 

Yoona wanted to hold the cup immediately, but was still late, with Jiyong already standing by the door. She and Daesung were holding on to the same cup, and though their hands weren't touching, it was definitely showing signs of intimacy.

Yoona's heart began racing again as she caught his gaze darkened. She took the cup silently and stood up, not showing any signs of guilt. She didn't do anything wrong so she shouldn't be showing such expression too. She saw him clutching on to his phone and finally realised why he could have arrived so quickly. What thing did he want to tell her that's so urgent?

Then, Daesung stood up too, coming face to face with Jiyong.

"Sha jang nim."

Jiyong did not come in, just standing by the door. His gaze had returned to his normal, frosty gaze.

"Daesung-sshi. Such a coincidence, you came to find Yoona?" 

"Yeahs, work matters," Daesung gave a smirk, not feeling worried nor guilty at all. "It just so happen Yoong felt unwell." 

Yoona's heart stopped for a split second. Yoong?! What was he thinking?! Did he have to call her by her nickname so intimately in front of her husband?!

Even if he had sense the sarcasm in Daesung's tone, Jiyong made no attempt to counterattack him.

"Ah, I see. Thanks for your concern," Jiyong walked forward, pulling her elbow, causing her to lean on him. "I can't bear to see her falling ill."

Daesung's eyes wavered, expression stiffened. After a minute or two, he gave a polite bow and left.

"You're unwell?" The moment he left, Jiyong broke away. 

"N-Nothing too serious..." Yoona hung her head low, trying to conceal her pale-looking face.

She didn't want him to know about her guess, since pregnancy might be a bad news to him. She had recalled about the conversation they had when he was in America. Jiyong's lips were parted briefly, as though wanting to say something but stopped himself after hesitating.

"Let's go then." 

✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞

For the entire meal, none of them talked. Only the sound of jazz music playing in the posh restaurant, faint sounds of footsteps and mumurings from other tables were heard. Yoona stole glances at him and saw that he was looking serious as he chewed on his steak. It was he who had dragged her out to have lunch but yet, he wasn't speaking up.

Could it be he was angry? Should she explain about the situation just now?

"Ji, just now-"

"You don't have to explain anything," he looked up, cutting her off. "It'd always been like this between us isn't it? You do what you like, I won't care and vice versa."

"No! Ji, I-" Jiyong walked out of the restaurant and Yoona chased out, ignoring the stares from the patrons.

She managed to catch hold of his wrist just outside the restaurant. 

"What happen between Daesung and I," she said. "It's the past and it's over." 

He stopped in his steps, his back faced her but he didn't pull away. 

"What if," his voice rang, a tired and hoarse one. "I ask you not to ever see him again?" 

Yoona was caught off guard by that question as her eyes went wide.

"You're in my arms, but you're thinking about the other guy," Jiyong turned around and pulled her into his arms, planting a soft kiss on her lips. "This, had always been your attitude towards our marriage. You don't care and I don't either." 

Yoona wanted to object to whatever he's saying but when she finally found words to , Jiyong had already broke away, walking off, leaving her all alone. And just like always, she could only watch with her eyes, tears streaming down.

"Miss, should I hail a cab for you?" The waiter had asked out of kindness and was careful with his words.

"It's fine..." Yoona gave a gracious smile, with tears still trickling down as she watched Jiyong disappeared from a far distance. 

Yes, she thought it was like this in the past. But right now, she cares. She cares about their marriage, she cares about his happiness, she cares about his anger, she cares about him! 

But regarding about not seeing Daesung, she didn't know how to reply. She wanted to tell him she wouldn't see him ever again, but it seemed like she would be lying and she didn't want to. She didn't know what to say, what to tell him to let him know that there's nothing between Daesung and her now. What happened between them was a past and right now, her present and future would be him and her, soley. 

✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞

Yoona slumped against the sofa, not bothering to even head upstairs to her room. She made a mental note to visit the doctor soon since she'd been experiencing frequent nausea and giddiness and she found out that she'd been getting tired easily these days. She closed her eyes and rubbed her temples, trying to soothe her discomfort. 

"Mrs Kwon," a soft whisper woke her up.

It was Sooyoung who was holding on to a cup of warm cocoa.

"Would you like a cup of hot cocoa?"

Yoona was surprised, taking over the cup from her. "How do you know I want to drink this now?" 

"Whenever you're tired, you would drink a cup of hot cocoa," Sooyoung smiled. 

"You're such a smart and meticulous girl, Sooyoung," Yoona looked at the cup and gave a warm smile. "You always guess what I want."

"Anniyo. I'm so dumb, I wouldn't have guess it correctly," Sooyoung answered. "It's Mr Kwon who told me."

"Eh? What did Jiyong tell you?" Yoona looked up, in utter surprise. 

"Your likes and dislikes!" Sooyoung exclaimed. "The moment I stepped into Kwon mansion, Mr Kwon had sat me down, instructing me about your hobbies and habits; your preference for sweet food and a cup of strawberry milk is a must for your breakfast, your favourite food for dinner being kimchi pancakes, beef soup and stewed chicken, and whenever you're tired, you would drink a cup of warm cocoa to calm yourself down. Oh, and you dislike coffee, but if there isn't a choice, you prefer your coffee to have two sugar cubes."

"W-What else?" Yoona was dumbfounded at the sudden fact and was stuttering.

"Uhmmm, it's all the trivial matters," Sooyoung answered, pursing her lips. "Like your preference for clothes is cashmere capes. Mr Kwon had specifically asked the designer to design a few for you before you return from London. And whenever you're free at home, you like to sit near your window to read your novel, enjoying the weather. That's why, when it's a day before you return from abroad, Mr Kwon would ask me to clean up that area," Sooyoung noticed the change in Yoona's expression and got worried. "Are you alright, Mrs Kwon?" 

"I'm fine," Yoona blinked and gave a smile. "Thanks for the warm cocoa, Sooyoung. I'm heading up now."

"Sure, rest well Mrs Kwon," Sooyoung smiled brightly. 

Yoona walked up the stairs and past Jiyong's room, seeing that he's standing by the window again, gaze a mile away. She looked at him and flashbacks started to fly across her mind.

...Mr Kwon had sat me down, instructing me about your hobbies and habits; your preference for sweet food and a cup of strawberry milk is a must for your breakfast, your favourite food for dinner being kimchi pancakes, beef soup and stewed chicken...

...Like your preference for clothes is cashmere capes. Mr Kwon had asked the designer to design a few for you...

...when it's a day before you return from abroad, Mr Kwon would ask me to clean up that area,

It's normal for him to not notice all these trivial matters about her since he's always that busy with his work. But yet, he had noticed and kept in mind all these things. In contrast, she hadn't done the same for him. Through the past one year plus, she didn't even know what he likes and doesn't like. She recalled about what Seohyun had told her when she was staying with them.

... I know there's something wrong between you and Jiyong oppa. Yesterday during dinner, it's obvious that oppa hates long beans, not touching the plate at all, but you kept on scooping them into his plate. Not only that, the way you froze when he kissed your hand. Unnie, don't lie to me...

She clutched her chest hard, overwhelmed by the sudden rush of emotions. She's so guilty and touched all at the same time.

He cared about her so much, but why didn't she feel it?

Coming to think of it, Jiyong wasn't cold and distant all the time. When they first got married, he would always bring her out for dinner or shopping. He didn't have much words when he's around her, always accompanying her in silence, allowing her to do the things that she likes and wants. But she wasn't that passionate over this and he could sense her discomfort and eventually, he stopped b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter