interlude

`[ ░▌counting stars ☆
●●● interlude

The radio in the car was ringing with Conway and Loretta's duet song. Airi let an involunteray smile slipped onto her face. Who still listens to Conway Twitty and Loretta Lynn nowadays? Her parents for sure. She shook her head and carried on taking one of the many luggages into the car, tucking it in so it would fit just nice inside the cramped trunk of the green Honda fit.

'I pack my clothes and I caught a plane. I had to see Joni, I had to explain' the radio sang on, the voice rang clear modulated as it filled the blue summer sky with its sad lyrics. And Airi's eyes shifted from her hand on the luggage's handle to the slightly open door and soon, her mother came out with the biggest smile she had ever seen. It was a radiant smile that takes years off her face, yet as soon as she laid her eyes on Airi, her head was tilted to the side and she spared her a bitter smile.

"Oh pumpkin," her mother said as she waddled towards her daughter's side. "Smile! It's only going to be another year. And you can always come back home for nea year!"

She gathered her little princess into her arms, caresseing her head as she pulled her in closer, as if wanting to keep her there, in her arms forever and always. But both knew with a bitter ackonwledgement that it was impossible in every sence. Everyone has to say goodbye at one point or another.

"This is just a see you later, mama." Airi whispered into her mother's chest as she dug her face deeper, not wanting her mother to see her tears.

"Oh ladies!" Airi snapped up her head as she heard her father's voice and saw him with his hands on his hips, a fond smile on his face he looks at his wife and daughter. "Airi's just going to university! She'll see us during school breaks! Come on now, we've spent time here long enough to make sure Ai-chan got whatever she needs. Jirou must be lonely, home alone with mother."

He checked to see if everything's already in the trunk before ruffling his daughter's head and gave her a kiss on her forehead. Airi sniffled, still wrapped in her mother's embrace.

"Be good, Airi, make sure to eat well and study hard okay?" Her mother too, kissed her forehead, then her cheeks before she playfully flicked Airi's nose, her eyes glimmering with unshed tears. They never really stay apart from each other for a long perios of time. This is absolutely her first time living without her parents for more than a week. 

'It's okay though. I can manage.' she thought as she watched her parents got into the car. Her hands slowly rose to wave at them slowly as she watched them getting into the car and speeding away from her line of sight and as the bright smile she wore on her face slowly decays as they disappears slowly.

"Yeah, I can do this. Ganbatte, Airi!" pumping her little fist into the air she encouraged herself before turning to walk back to her apartment.




 

 

► author's note eue

look who the hell is back omg ha ha ha /slaps sels

mmmmmmmmm this is a proloque. this is short because it is supposed to be short.

goodby

e