Will you be my Mrs. Wu?

Mrs. Wu

2 years had passed since the death of Amber Wu, deceased wife of multi-billionaire Kris Wu. Kris decided to start moving on by opening himself to start a relationship with someone. He wanted to try falling in love again and he also wanted to find Jacob, his five year old son, a Mom.

 

Kris was now standing in front of Amber's tombstone bringing a bouquet of yellow tulips which were her favorite. Kris smiled as he placed the flowers beside her tombstone.

 

Hey beautiful, I brought you you're favorite flowers again. A bouquet this time.”, said Kris.

 

Kris never misses a day without visiting Amber, bringing a single yellow tulip to her despite his busy schedule.

 

So I guess now is the right time to fulfill what you asked me to.”, said Kris as he sat himself on the ground.

 

Amber died because of cancer. The day before she passed away, there were some things she asked Kris to fulfill.

 

Kris, baby. You know how much I love you and Jacob. I just want you to promise me, that if I'm already gone, don't be afraid to fall in love again. Find someone who can be a good wife to you and a good mom to Jacob...”

 

Kris dropped a tear as he remembered what Amber told her.

 

Jacob is a big boy now. Sometimes I do not know how to handle him anymore. I guess it is really the right time to fulfill what I promised you.”, said Kris with a smile.

 

Kris smiled and stood up.

 

I will always love you, baby. You will forever be in my heart. See you later.”, said Kris and left.

 

 

Kris drove to 'Lime Resto'. He was on his way to fetch Jacob. As he parked the car, Jacob immediately ran to him and hugged him tightly.

 

Dad! Let's go to Myeongdong! Marie didn't want to take me there!”, said Jacob.

Hey! I told you to call me Auntie Marie! I'm older than you, you silly kid!”, shouted a girl wearing a Chef's uniform.

 

Kris smiled as he gave Jacob a pat on his head. He waved and smiled at Marie.

 

Jacob, I told you to call her Auntie Marie, right?”, said Kris.

Yeah, yeah, I know. I call her sometimes. It's just that sometimes I feel that our brains are on the same age.”, said Jacob.

Hey! How could you say that!?”, said Marie pointing at Jacob as she approached the two of them.

Hi Marie. Thanks for picking up Jacob.”, said Kris.

Oh sure! No problem!”, said Marie.

Do you still have work?”, asked Kris.

I'm actually going home in a bit. I was just finishing making fresh pasta dough for tomorrow.”, said Marie.

I'll be taking Jacob to Myeongdong. Can you come with us?”, Kris asked.

Yey!!! Myeongdong! Come with us Auntie Marie!”, said Jacob who was jumping in excitement.

 

Marie was hesitant but Jacob held her hand pulling it so that she would come. Kris smiled at her.

 

Oh boy... Ok, I'll come with you since you called me Auntie this time!”, she said as she messed Jacob's hair.

Yey!”, said Jacob as she kept jumping.

I'll just go inside and change my clothes.”, said Marie.

 

Marie finally came out.


“Let's go?”, said Kris.

Let's go.”, said Marie with a smile.

 

As they arrived at Myeongdong, Kris parked the car in a safe place. They decided to just walk around. Jacob was enjoying so much. He kept entering different shops and bought a lot of candies, toys and other stuffs. Jacob found an arcade. He quickly pulled Kris and Marie inside the arcade.

 

Dad, I wanna play!”, said Jacob.

Okay, here you go, buy some tokens at the counter. You enjoy yourself. Auntie Marie and I will just wait for you here.”, said Kris.

Okey dokey, Dad!”, said Jacob who quickly ran to the counter.

 

Kris and Marie sat on a bench inside the arcade.

 

So you've visited Amber earlier?”, asked Marie.

Yes, I did.”, said Kris.

So you've decided to fulfill your promise already?”, she asked.

Yeah, I guess it's the right time. Two years has passed and Jacob is growing up so fast. Do you think I'm doing the right thing?”, asked Kris with a sigh.

Hey, cheer up. You're doing what Amber wanted you to do. She'll be happy about it. How about Jacob? Does he know about this?”, she asked.

Jacob and I talked last night. He was positive about it but he says only if the woman I'm going to date would pass his standards.”, said Kris.

Wow! At that age he has his standards already! That silly kid. He's really just like you, Kris.”, said Marie patting his back.

Are we?”, asked Kris.

Super alike! I remembered when we were still in kindergarten, a girl named Jane gave you chocolates and you said to her, 'you like me?? well I don't like you! You don't pass my standards!'. I really couldn't forget about that.”, said Marie as both of them started laughing.

Wow, I was that mean before...”, Kris said as he rubbed the back of his neck.

You were so mean! Good thing Amber came to your life. She's an angel sent by God for you.”, said Marie.

Yeah, she's an angel.”, said Kris.

 

Marie smiled at him.

 

So, who are you going to date?”, asked Marie.

Remember Anna? She's coming home from states. I'm planning on dating her.”, said Kris.

Oh.. Anna! She was your first girlfriend, right?”, asked Marie.

Yeah, that's her.”, said Kris.

Ohhh... I see. Well, good luck with your love life!”, said Kris.

 

Half an hour has passed. Jacob was tired of playing inside the arcade.

 

Dad! Let's go home now! I'm sleepy and tired.”, said Jacob as he sat on Marie's lap.

Here's a power hug for you so you'll be energized!”, said Marie hugging him tightly.

 

Kris smiled at how the two looked so cute. He was really thankful that he has Marie taking care of Jacob when he's away.

 

The power hug didn't work Auntie Marie.”, said Jacob.

Oh, I think you need one more power hug!”, said Marie as she hugged him again.

 

Jacob began giggling.

 

I'm now energized Auntie Marie!”, said Jacob as she kissed Marie on her cheek.

Awweee... how sweet.”, said Marie.

 

Jacob stood up and held Kris' hand.

 

Dad, can you piggy-back ride me? I don't want to walk anymore.”, said Jacob.

Okay, let's go.”, said Kris as he piggy-backed Jacob and they walked together with Marie back to the car.

 

 

Kris drove Marie to her place.

 

Thanks for the ride, Kris. Bye Jacob!”, she said while waving.

You take care and thanks again!”, said Kris.

Bye Auntie Marie! See you tomorrow!”, said Jacob.

Bye Jacob! You both take care!”, said Marie as they left.

 

 

Few days later...

Kris was at the airport to pick up Anna. Anna came wearing a red dress and high heels. Kris was so happy to see her.

 

Kris, you look so handsome as always.”, said Anna as she cupped Kris' cheek.

You look so beautiful too. Let's go grab some lunch. You should meet my son, Jacob.”, said Kris.

 

Kris reserved a table for them. Anna was so delighted about it. Jacob came with Marie. Kris waved at them.

 

Oh, Hi! Sorry if we're a bit late. It's because of the traffic.”, said Marie.

It's alright. Anna, this is Jacob and this is Marie, my best friend.”, introduced Kris.

Oh, hi Jacob! It's nice to meet you. Come, let me give you a kiss.”, said Anna.

 

Jacob was grumpy about it but Marie poked him so he was forced to let Anna kiss him.

 

Good boy.. Nice to meet you Marie.”, said Anna.

Nice to meet you too, Anna.”, said Marie.

Sit here beside me, Jacob. I already ordered for the three of us.”, said Anna.

Three?? how about Auntie Marie?”, exclaimed Jacob.

Jacob, Auntie Marie is going somewhere. She's not actually going to join us.”, said Anna.

Dad! I want Auntie Marie to be here!”, insisted Jacob.

Shhh.. Stop it Jacob. I can't join you. Okay? Just enjoy your lunch with them.”, said Marie.

But I want you here with us!”, said Jacob.

Stop it Jacob. Anna is here for you, anyway.”, said Kris.

 

Jacob became angry and didn't say anything.

 

Stop being so grumpy now. Be a good boy. I'll see you tomorrow.”, said Marie as she kissed him and left.

 

 

Marie went home. Jacob was grumpy the whole time at the restaurant.

 

That night...

 

Kris called Marie.

 

Hey, how did it go?”, asked Marie.

Well, the two of us are doing great. She liked the thought of the two of us getting back together.”, said Kris.

That's great! How was Jacob?”, said Marie.

He was so stubborn. He didn't even eat.”, said Kris.

Oh my...”, said Marie.

It's okay. Maybe he'll grow to like her.”, said Kris.

Yeah, he will. Let's just be optimistic about it. Maybe Anna will be a great Mom to Jacob.”, said Marie.

So you're going to pick him up tomorrow?”, asked Kris.

Oh, err... well, about that, I was actually going to call you but you called me first. Well, I'm actually going to be very busy starting tomorrow. I just got promoted as head chef so I don't think I can take care of Jacob.”, said Marie.

Oh, you got promoted? We should celebrate!”, said Kris.

Oh, No need, Kris. About Jacob, I think Anna can start taking care of him. So that both of them will get closer.”, said Marie.

Err.. I guess that would be a good idea.”, said Kris.

Just let her take care of Jacob.”, said Marie.

Okay. Thanks Marie.”, said Kris.

It's nothing. I hope the three of you will work out.”, said Marie.

 

...

 

A few moths has passed. Kris and Jacob haven't met Marie for a while. Kris had been so busy with work and Marie was also so busy at the restaurant.

 

One night, Jacob saw Kris sitting at the living room without even doing something. He approached Kris.

 

Dad, are you alright?”, asked Jacob.

Oh, I'm fine... You? How are you and Anna?”, asked Kris.

She's... fine.. I guess. Err.. Dad, do you really love Anna? I mean.. do you want her to be my Mom?”, asked Jacob.

 

Kris was surprised to what Jacob asked.

 

Well, I do love her. And I hope you also want her to be your Mom.”, said Kris.

 

Jacob sighed.

 

What's the problem, Jacob?”, asked Kris.

It's just that if you love her then I couldn't do anything about it. But, I just want you to know that if I am the one to choose, I would only want Auntie Marie to be my Mom. .”, said Jacob.

 

Kris went speechless. He was surprised.

 

I'm going to bed now, Dad. I miss Auntie Marie. Good night.”, said Jacob.

 

Kris couldn't believe what Jacob said. Kris dialed Marie's phone.

 

Marie?”, said Kris.

Oh, hi Kris! How you doin'?”, said Marie.

Are you busy? Can we go out for some ice cream?”, asked Kris.

Err... It's late now. But I think you have a problem to share. I'll just change.”, said Marie.

Ok, I'm on my way to pick you up.”, said Kris.

 

Marie knew something was bothering Kris. That's what he does everytime he needed someone to talk to. Marie was the first person he calls.

 

The two walked to a convenience store.

 

So, what's bothering you?”, asked Marie.

Jacob told me that if I do love Anna, he couldn't do anything about it. But he said he has someone he wants for his Mom to be.”, said Kris.

He has someone he want to be his Mom? Who?”, asked Marie.

He wanted you.”, said Kris.

 

Marie coughed. She was shock.

 

He's crazy.”, said Marie jokingly.

 

Kris stared at Marie.

 

What do I do?”, asked Kris.

Well... Err.. I don't know. Just make him more closer to Anna. They'll be fine.”, said Marie.

 

Kris sighed.

 

So how's work? How's your life?”, asked Kris.

Well, work is fine. And I'm fine. Remember Luhan?”, asked Marie.

Luhan? The one who kept courting you when we were still in college?”, said Kris.

Yes, that's him. He actually came from Italy this morning. He wanted me to work with him there at the restaurant he works in Italy.”, said Marie.

Is he courting you again?”, asked Kris.

Well...”, uttered Marie.

Oh my gosh he's courting you again!! Seriously, Marie?”, exclaimed Kris.

Why are suddenly getting mad?! Don't you like him?? Actually, we're already dating.”, said Marie.

What? You're already dating?? Oh god...”, said Kris who placed his palm on his forehead.

He's a nice guy! If only you weren't like a bodyguard when we were in college I should have said yes to him!”, said Marie.

Wow! Unbelievable! So you're going to say yes to him and go with him to Italy?!”, exclaimed Kris.

Why not!! He's a nice person, we have the same wants and he's handsome!”, said Marie.

Fine! Do whatever you want! Anna and I are going to have a party with some friends, bring him with you 'cause I need to see him first before you say yes to him.”, exclaimed Kris.

 

 

Few days after...

 

 

Luhan and Marie went to Kris and Anna's party with some friends.

 

Kris, this is Luhan.”, said Marie.

Hi, nice to meet you, Kris.”, said Luhan as he offered his hand.

Kris shook his hand and said, “Oh, Hi! This is Anna, my girlfriend.”

Hi nice to meet you.”, said Luhan.

Nice to meet you too.”, said Anna.

 

Kris whispered to Marie, “He still looks so gay.”

Shut up! He's not!”, whispered back Marie.

 

The party started, drinks we're served. People kept conversing. It came to the point where some of Kris' friends gathered and played Truth or Dare Game. It was Anna's turn, she wanted Luhan and Marie to kiss in front of everybody. Kris didn't like the thought. Marie didn't want to but Luhan and the rest were forcing them.

 

Oh. No, please stop. I don't want to.”, said Marie to everyone.

 

Suddenly, Kris stood up which startled everyone.

 

He said, “Stop it everyone! The lady said she doesn't want to so quit forcing. Party's over.”

 

Everyone was surprised why Kris suddenly became furious. Kris grabbed Marie's hand as he dragged her outside. Marie was so confused of what was happening.

 

As they were out, Marie gets Kris' hands off her.

 

Are you crazy? What's with you?? Why did yo do that!?”, exclaimed Marie.

You said you didn't want to be kissed by that guy so I did get you away from him!”, exclaimed Kris.

But how could you end your party that way. And worst, you left dragging me with you!”, said Marie.

I hated what I saw! I hated how they acted! I hated the thought that you and Luhan are going out together! I hated the thought of you gping out with some other guy!!”, said Kris.

 

Kris couldn't control himself and his words anymore. Those words just came out from his mouth which made Marie confused and at the same time mad.

 

Luhan and Anna came out. The two actually heard everything.

 

Marie said, “I'm going home now. Let's go Luhan.”

 

Luhan and Marie left. Kris was so mad about it.

 

 

A few weeks has passed...

 

Kris was on his couch blankly staring at the floor. He was actually thinking of Anna who went back to the States earlier. Anna actually broke up with him.

 

Dad, how's Aunite Marie now? I haven't seen her anymore.”, said Jacob.

I don't know either. I miss her too, Jacob.”, said Kris with a sigh.

Don't you love her, Dad?”, asked Jacob.

 

Kris started to think of what Jacob asked him.

 

I think … I do..”, said Kris.

Then why don't you get up and go see her!”, said Jacob.

 

Kris smiled at Jacob.

 

Thanks Jacob. You're one smart kid. Just like your mom”, said Kris.

I know. Now go!”, said Jacob.

 

He got up and drove to Marie's house.

 

Marie! Marie!”, said Kris as he kept knocking on Marie's door.

 

Marie's neighbor suddenly came out.

 

Err.. Mister. She actually left. Airport?? Yeah, I guess she's off to the airport.. Just now”

 

Kris was going crazy as the old lady said Marie was off to the airport. Kris knew Marie would be leaving with Luhan for Italy. He quickly drove to the airport.

 

As he reached the airport he searched for Marie. He saw Marie standing there with Luhan. They held their hands together and they looked happy. Kris didn't care anymore. He took the courage to approach them.

 

Kris..”, said Marie who was surprised to see him.

Marie, I know you and Luhan may be happy together now. I know you two are going to live a happy life in Italy. I know you hate me. And maybe we won't be seeing each other again. But... I just want you to know that I do love you. You were the one who was always there for me. I just didn't realize that I was actually in love with you. And I guess I am too late now... But at least you already know how I feel about you.”, said Kris.

 

Luhan and Marie was staring at him.

 

Marie said, “You're really an idiot. Luhan and I are still just friends. I just came here to send him off.”

You're not going with him?”, asked Kris.

No, I'm not. I won't be leaving Jacob.”, said Marie.

And he won't be leaving you.”, added Luhan.

 

Marie and Luhan smiled at each other while Kris couldn't believe what was happening.

 

I'm leaving both of you now. You guys should talk. I have to go now or I'll be left by the plane. Kris, I hope you'll take care of Marie. And never let go of her again!”, said Luhan as he waved at them and left.

 

 

Marie waved at Luhan. As the two were left. Kris was still speechless.

 

So what now, idiot?”, said Marie.

 

Kris suddenly hugged Marie tightly. Marie was so surprised.

 

I really thought you were going to leave.”, said Kris.

 

Marie smiled and said, “No, I wouldn't do that. I won't be leaving you and Jacob.”

 

Suddenly, Kris pulled something from his pocket. He knelt down.

 

He showed this ring and said, “Will you marry me?”

 

Marie was so shocked. She really didn't expect Kris to do that right there and then.

 

Isn't that supposed to be Anna's?”, said Marie.

I guess it wasn't for her. When I bought this I used my pinky to fit it, knowing that you're ring finger and my pinky have the same size. I thought it would fit Anna, but it didn't. So I guess this really belongs to you.”, said Kris.

 

Marie was so confused yet happy.

 

Kris asked, “So, will you be my Mrs. Wu?”

 

People at the airport started to notice them. Marie was starting to be embarrassed.

 

So she said, “Yes, I do.”

 

***

 

... Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed it! 

The sequel is out! Just check my stories and you'll find it there. <3