Raxeira

Raxeira

He’s gorgeous, Junhyung realizes suddenly as Hyunseung laughs at Doojoon for running into the bathroom’s doorframe and whoa, that’s something he never really thought about the blond boy.

Falling in love is weird, he decides after a few hours when he’s brushing his teeth before going to bed. It’s like walking on the edge of the sidewalk with your arms spread to the sides and trying hard not to fall, even if eventually you’ll lose your balance. It’s a fight already lost, yet he feels no fear. If it’s Hyunseung he’s losing to, he’s willing to give up his honor and lose himself in the skinny boy.


Junhyung watches him from afar. He does it all the time, whether they’re in public or just chilling around the dorms. He notices the way Hyunseung swallows nervously before raising the mic to his lips to belt out a beautiful, honey-dripping note. He watches as Hyunseung slowly falls asleep while reading a book on the living room sofa, his arm slipping to the floor as his body relaxes. He watches, mesmerized, as the boy tells a story to the rest of them, a wide smile stretching his lips and his hands making wide gestures in the air, and the members laugh.


Sometimes Yoseob will notice him staring at Hyunseung with nothing short of love in his eyes, but the vocalist will smile and shake his head, clearly amused. It’s because the others know; they always did, even before Junhyung himself realized it. He wondered if he was really that obvious, but he rules out that option. How can one be obvious about something he didn’t even know about?


He thinks he can keep on doing this, keep on admiring Hyunseung from the sidelines, until one day he steps into the dorms after a short visit to the hair salon. His hair is purple now; he likes it. He’s humming to himself quietly as he toes his shoes off and drops his keys on the table next to the front door when his eyes travel across the living room, and he freezes.


“ing hell,” is all he can manage right now. The entire apartment is a mess; there are pages ripped out of books all over the floor, feathers that were once stuffed inside a pillow still floating gently in the air, and one angry Hyunseung standing in the midst of all that mess, a torn pillowcase in his hand and his chest rising and falling rapidly.


“What happened? Did we get robbed? Where are all the others?” Junhyung shoots out questions like a canon, his head pounding all of a sudden and one of his hands now reached out in front of him, palm up. He’s confused and he’s tired and that pillowcase that Hyunseung’s holding looks suspiciously like his pillowcase and , he was planning to take a nap after his hair appointment.


There’s silence for a few seconds as Hyunseung’s face get dangerously red and his entire body starts to shake. Junhyung cringes and mentally prepares himself for a high-pitched scream, but all Hyunseung ever says is—


“You love me?”


His voice is tiny and shaky and it doesn’t sound like what Junhyung was excepting at all, and it’s both a relief and a shock at the same time. Hyunseung’s eyes are b with tears and it feels as if he was punched in the stomach with a 50 ton hammer. A single white feather lands in the middle of his still reached-out palm.


Oh.


He knows.


Junhyung swallows thickly, the atmosphere becoming a bit too tense for his liking. Instead of lying and stuttering and making even a bigger mess of things, he decides to make things simple. So he just nods and looks down, keeping his mouth shut lest he says something stupid.


“You idiot.” Hyunseung whispers the last word and all of a sudden there are arms around his neck and a body pressed against his and Hyunseung’s kissing him, hard.


At first he’s shocked; so shocked, in fact, that he freezes completely, including his brain. But then a few seconds pass and things are starting to become clearer, so he kisses him back. It’s a bit sloppy and hesitant and filled with too much anxiety, but they manage to carry it out to a second kiss and a third kiss and a fourth and—


“I love you too,” Hyunseung breathes into his mouth and Junhyung can taste his smile, that same beautiful smile that pushed him over the edge of the sidewalk, and everything clicks into place.


He loves me, he loves me, he loves me.