Shooting Competition

Peacemakers
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Eagles' Shooting Club. Outdoor field.
 
The competition is held at an outdoor venue. Aaron went to register while Hebe and Wangzi went to the audience area.
 
'Hebe! We're here!' Sunnie waved to Hebe. Danson, Sunnie, Xiujie and Genie were already seated at the third row. Wangzi and Hebe went to sit next to Danson. It was a rather full crowd. The competitors were standing at the field checking their gears.
 
Wangzi looked out and saw Jiro's car, 'Jiro-sir's here!'
 
The others looked at Wangzi's direction as well.
 
Jiro, Selina, Xiaogui and Guigui got down from the individual doors.
 
'I'll go register.' Jiro smiled at them and he walked away. Selina, Xiaogui and Guigui walked towards the audience area. Selina glanced over at the audience area and spotted Xiujie. Xiujie was looking ahead and didn't spot her.
 
'She's looking at you.' Genie whispered to Xiujie. Xiujie just nodded as acknowledgement.
 
'Wangzii!' Guigui ran towards Wangzi. Wangzi smiled at her. She then sat next to Wangzi. Xiaogui and Selina sat at the same row as well.
 
'This is going to be awkward…' Danson mumbled to himself.
 
'Why?' Hebe asked.
 
Danson just shook his head. Indeed, it was rather awkward. From the extreme end, there's Selina, Xiaogui, Guigui, Wangzi, Hebe, Danson, Sunnie, Xiujie and lastly Genie. A combination of the civilians, the police, a lawyer and the crooks… What a unique combination, isn't it?
 
Over at the field, Aaron has finished checking his gears and he's ready to go anytime. This year's competition only has one round. Today's match is based on both time and accuracy. Every person is given 1 minute to complete a round. Those who go beyond the timing will be disqualified. Also, the winner will be determined by the accuracy, then the timing.
 
Aaron heard footsteps approaching him.
 
'Aaron.' Jiro paused at his spot.
 
'Why do I bump into you wherever I go?' Aaron meant it to be a rhetorical question.
 
'I'm surprised that you'll actually turn up this year… I thought you won't compete with me again.' Jiro tried to strike a conversation.
 
'Compete with you? We're on different levels.' Aaron walked away.
 
Jiro looked down. From afar, Hebe could see their interactions. She just felt bad for Jiro-sir… He's already trying his best to make up to Aaron, but Aaron just doesn't appreciate it. Just then, Aaron suddenly turned and looked at her. Hebe was surprised and looked away. Her eyes must be playing a trick on her! She must stay composed!
 
'Wangzi, I'll go to the restroom.'
 
Wangzi nodded. Hebe smiled and made her way out. 
 
Back at the field, Aaron's eyes were actually following her movements… She was the only one with penguin shirt around. Could she really be April?
 
---
 
Eagles' Shooting Club. At the washroom.
 
Hebe came out of the cubicle and saw a lady standing in front of the sink, clenching her fists. Hebe was a little shocked but she went to wash her hands at the sink beside. The lady was wearing a black shirt and jeans, with thick black gloves and a pair of shades covering her eyes. She then carried the huge travel bag on the floor and walked out. Hebe stared at the lady's back… Such a hot day, she's wearing full black with gloves? Is she in the wrong season? Aha! She must be one of the competitors! Hebe admired her own analyzing skills and walked out of the washroom.
 
---
 
Eagles' Shooting Club. Outdoor Field.
 
'And ready… Go!' The emcee announced and the whistle was blown.
 
We could see 10 men standing at the firing spot, loading their guns. A distance of 500m ahead of them were 10 different target boards.
 
Bang!
 
Bang!
 
The firing has began.
 
Hebe just got back to her seat.
 
'What's happening now?' Hebe asked.
 
'The competitors have one minute to load their gun and fire 10 accurate shots at 500m away.' Danson explained. Hebe just nodded.
 
The time keepers began to announce the timings.
 
'1:02!'
 
'0:59!'
 
Jiro was the tenth one.
 
Soon, it was his timekeeper's turn to announce his timing, '0:49!'
 
The emcee immediately took the microphone, 'Oh my god! We have a record breaker here! Mr Jiro Wang has broken the record made by Aaron Yan two years ago! Let's give him a hand!'
 
The audience applauded. Aaron just rolled his eyes.
 
After about 5 to 6 rounds of different competitors challenging the board, it was the last round. It is also Aaron's turn.
 
'Next is Aaron's turn!' Sunnie exclaimed excitedly. Xiujie smiled at her.
 
Hebe looked at Aaron… Finally, she get to see him shoot again… Three years ago, he shot someone to death in front of her. Oh well, that was not a pleasant experience. But, it's okay! She get to see him now!
 
'And ready… Go!' The whistle was blown.
 
Aaron grabbed the handgun on the table and load the bullets in. Everything was done in 6 seconds and he aimed at the target.
 
Bang!
 
Bang!
 
Hebe was watching in awe. He's really fast…
 
Bang!
 
The timekeeper stopped the watch. He also looked at the timing in disbelief.
 
Jiro looked at Aaron's target board… Aaron scored full points.
 
'Report the timings please!' The emcee announced.
 
'0:41!'
 
'As expected of the Top Sniper, Mr Aaron Yan! Aaron has hit a brand new record of 41 seconds! Let's look at his target board! He's also gotten all bullseye! That's an incredible feat! Let's take a 20 minutes break and we'll announce the winners shortly!'
 
The emcee walked away while there are some personnel clearing the guns and tables.
 
Hebe sighed, she didn't spot any checkered shirt guy… She didn't manage to meet Seven… Hebe watched through the whole competition just to find Seven… Oh well, at least she enjoyed herself, looking at so many good looking guys… Wait a minute, guys? Hebe paused and wondered, 'Danson, there are no female competitors?'
 
'Of course there are! In fact, there's too many girls so the organizers made it a separate match. They competed yesterday!' Danson replied.
 
Hebe was bewildered. If the lady she met at the toilet wasn't here for the competition… Then… And the huge travel bag she was carrying… It could might as well be firearms! But what if it's a bomb?
 
Hebe shook her head, she shouldn't be making wild guesses here. She should tell Jiro!
 
Hebe took out her cellphone and dialed Jiro's number. Jiro's phone started ringing but no one picked up. Hebe has to find him… She walked away from the audience area.
 
'She's acting weird.' Xiujie stated.
 
'Maybe we should follow her?' Sunnie suggested.
 
'Let's go.' Danson stood up as well.
 
Hebe was already a distance away from them. She walked towards the entrance of the shooting club. At this moment, Aaron walked out of the club.
 
'Blur Penguin?' Aaron greeted Hebe.
 
Hebe smiled nervously, 'Rude Panda, I…'
 
She can't possibly tell him that she's looking for Jiro right?
 
Hebe was squeezing her brain juices to get to Jiro without letting Aaron know. Just then, she saw a tiny red spotlight appeared on Aaron's chest. That spotlight… No, wait! It's laser!
 
'Aaron be careful!' Hebe ran towards Aaron and hugged him.
 
Bang!
 
That gunshot caught the police's and the rest of the Peacemakers' attention. Wangzi, Guigui and Xiaogui went to pacify the crowd immediately while the Peacemakers hurried their footsteps as well. Danson looked around the area. He spotted a black figure. He then ran off to chase the figure instead.
 
Aaron let himself fall to the ground, with Hebe in his arms.
 
'Blur Penguin!'
 
Xiujie and Sunnie just arrived.
 
'Call the ambulance.' Xiujie asked. Sunnie nodded and took out her cellphone. 
 
'What the heck were you thinking?!' Aaron stared at her face with his watery eyes.
 
Hebe forced out a smile, 'Tha-thank God you're alright…'
 
Aaron held Hebe's shoulders tight. Why did she took the shot for him?! Why?! He can't afford to lose her… He just realized he likes her... He hadn't got a chance to tell her that. She can't leave him just like that!
 
'You're crying?' Hebe reached her hand out, trying to touch Aaron's face.
 
Aaron grabbed her hand, 'I'm not.'
 
Hebe felt her face wet with tears, 'My back hurts… I'm really afraid now…'
 
Aaron looked at her gently, 'Don't worry, you'll be fine.'
 
'I can't die yet…' Hebe cried, 'I… I promised him that I'll protect her heart.'
 
Aaron was stunned for a moment, 'What?'
 
'I promised him that I'll safeguard his girlfriend's heart.'
 
Aaron dropped Hebe's hand. He was thunderstuck…
 
He remained in a state of shock, trying to process what happened.
 
Hebe coughed out blood as she shut her eyes. She then lost consciousness.
 
'Blur Penguin! Don't sleep! Wake up! You can't sleep! Wake up!' Aaron yelled at the top of his voice, trembling as he held Hebe in his arms.
 
'The ambulance's here!' Sunnie exclaimed as the paramedics pushed an empty bed towards them. They then carried Hebe up to the bed and wheeled her into the ambulance. Aaron tagged along on the vehicle. His mind is blank now. Hebe is… April?
 
---
 
At the top of the hill.
 
The lady kept her rifle in the travel bag. She smirked and walked away.
 
Danson stopped right in front of the lady.
 
'You can't run away after injuring a person!' Danson exclaimed.
 
She grinned, 'It's been awhile.'
 
Danson looked closely at the lady's face.
 
She removed her shades.
 
Danson widened his eyes, 'It's you?!'
 
'Miss me?'
 
All Danson's memories flashed by his mind. This lady standing in front of him is Mike He's cousin, Cyndi Wang. She was the one who destroyed his happiness…
 
'Too bad that I didn't kill Aaron Yan today… But fret not! It'll be your turn really soon. But I couldn't bear to kill you, I think I'll kill your lawyer girlfriend instead!'
 
Danson clenched his fists and attacked Cyndi. Cyndi dodged the moves. Danson subdued Cyndi in less than a minute.
 
'Ahhh! Molest!'
 
Danson immediately released her.
 
She ran away.
 
'You-' Danson stopped at his tracks. He should go check on Aaron and the rest now.
 
---
 
Eagles' Shooting Club. Outdoor Field.
 
Jiro ran towards Wangzi, Guigui and Xiaogui. Selina, Genie, Xiujie and Sunnie were with them too.
 
They were done taking statements with Xiujie and Sunnie.
 
'Jiro-sir, where were you?' Xiaogui asked.
 
'I lost my cellphone. What happened?'
 
'Jiro-sir, a sniper appeared and tried to kill my brother…' Wangzi looked down.
 
'Sniper?' Jiro questioned.
 
'It's Cyndi Wang…' Everyone turned back. Danson was walking towards them.
 
'I fought with her but she ran away.' Danson added.
 
'But… Isn't she supposed to serve time now?' Wangzi asked.
 
'Who knows.' Danson replied. Danson stole a glance at Genie, she was lost in her own thoughts when he mentioned Cyndi.
 
Jiro asked, 'So what happened? How's Aaron?'
 
Xiujie replied, 'He's fine. Hebe took the shot for him.'
 
Jiro was surprised, Hebe shield Aaron?! She's only getting close to Aaron because Mike told her to wasn't it? She don't have to risk her life on it! Wait… Cyndi was the sniper. It means that Mike knew about it. If Mike wanted Aaron dead and Hebe saved Aaron, what would Mike think of her? Would her identity be exposed? He has to find a way to protect Hebe.
 
'Let's go to the hospital.' Danson walked off. Xiujie, Sunnie and Genie followed behind him.
 
'Jiro-sir, can I go too?' Wangzi asked.
 
Jiro nodded. Wangzi ran towards them.
 
---
 
Mike's house. Living room.
 
'She even saved Aaron Yan when I'm trying to kill him! I told you that she's a mole!' Cyndi sat down and passed Mike Jiro's cellphone.
 
Mike clenched his fists, 'She betrayed me!'
 
On Jiro's cellphone, there were a number of unknown phone calls. But yet, the most recent one actually tallies with Hebe's phone number.
 
'Boss, how do you want us to deal with her?' Fred asked.
 
'Kill her, of course.' Cyndi laughed.
 
'No.' Mike replied coldly.
 
'You actually fell for her?' Cyndi mocked.
 
Mike smirked, 'I want her to die in front of Aaron Yan.'
 
----------------------------------------------