I'm sorry - Shori

Shori The Victory

This is going to be my first competition for some reason I have to win either way. I can’t believe Miyuu-chan would trick me like this. It was not that I want to be recongnised by others. Until to this stage, you want to embarrass me in front of many people. No. I can’t say that. I must win. Sakura sensei is here. I mean Yuuzuki-san. I was in a ready position when my eyes shifted to where Yuuzuki-san sits. She balled up her fist and mouthed ‘good luck’ I nodded to her and put on my goggle.

Soon when the whistle was heard, I glide down like what I’ve learnt before. Nothing is impossible before you try out. I can win. My name is Shori. I bring victory to my life. That’s me.

*~*~Shori The Victory*~*~

“First runner all district goes to Horikoshi Gakuen with 950pt. Congratulation!” Miyuu-chan went up to the stage and took the trophy while I stood by her side, holding to the trophy as well. I won the best swimmer for male below 18 and she won for female below 18. Other than that, we won the best pattern too. To sum up, my school won most of the prizes and collected a lot of points. Sakura sensei, thank you.

“I didn’t expect you will be that good.” Miyuu-chan mouthed.

“You should have expect a cat like me who is afraid of water can succeed in the meantime.” I said.

“Congratulation then. Although I’m not sincerely say it.”

“You wouldn’t have say it out. Better let your crush or shall I call him Kikuchi Fuma? practice more to have my position. Wouldn’t it be great for his girlfriend who are quite popular among boys to teach him?” I said and walked down the stage with a lot of medals around my neck. Grrr…It is heavy.


“So sensei, are you free now? Maybe we go out for 2 hours at least?” I asked, walking next to Sakura sensei.

“Sato-kun, I have told you not to call me sensei outside of the clubhouse -.-”

“Oh sorry. I forgot. Yuuzuki-san…”

“Maybe it will be fine. Wahhh, you have won a lot of medal. Good good. That means I get to have a lot of bento after this. Haha” She joked playfully. We broke into laughter as we headed to one of the restaurant in a shopping mall.

After we ordered our food, Yuuzuki-san permitted herself to go to the bathroom as I was waiting; someone nudged me, giving me a terrifying look. “Hey, what are you doing here Shori?” It was my schoolmates. What a coincidence we met here.

“I’m having lunch with my friend.” I replied.

“Was it the girl who just walked out from this restaurant?” One of them asked.

“Ayyyyyy… Shori has a girlfriend now. And the worst part he never told us though. Bad..Very bad..” Said the other one.

“LOL, he is afraid maybe one of us would have snatch her from him. Haha. Oh my god.”

“NO! We were just friend. Not more than that.” I said but I don’t know why I felt tint of pinkish at my cheeks and I feel so embarrassed about it.

“Well yeah. You aren’t but why are you blushing if you are not? Means it is true.” They provoked again. Fine. Fine. Fine. Ah wait! Did I just admit it? OH MY GOD!

“Let us go now. Don’t disturb their lovey dovey moment. Anyway, I heard you won for the district level. Sorry we couldn’t attend. We had a singing competition that time. Congratulation!” They added. They were representing school as a group or I guess as a bandmate. I didn’t know we had a lot of competition falls on the same day.

“Never mind. As long as our school won. Yay!” I replied. I was so happy that I won and they bid goodbyes, and now leaving me all alone in the restaurant. I wonder where Sakura sensei is. It has been 20 minutes now. The food is getting cold. I fished out my cellphone from my pocket and dialed her number. It was ringing but nobody picked it up. I wonder what took her so long.

After 15 minutes I hung up, I can feel vibration at my laps. I took a look and it was an unknown number. “Hello?”

“So this is Sato Shori?” The other line asked.

“Yes. May I know who is this?” I asked. But it took a while for him to answer and I can chattering from the other line.

“SATO-KUN! DON’T COME HERE! I BEG YOU PLEASE DON’T! IT IS TOO DANGEROUS!” Sakura sensei!! It is her voice!

“Well you have heard her voice. My mistake. I should have just cover . Well, never mind. If you want your sensei to come back alive. You! I want you to come here without telling anyone. Just you alone. And don’t dare to bring any weapons with you. I don’t need money but just yourself, alone. Meet me at this area and you have 1 hour left if not this girl that you like so much will die.” He said and hung up before I could speak a single word.

“Aish!” I punched the table earning attentions from the people around me. I don’t care anymore. Who the heck is that guy and what he has to do with me and Sakura sensei. And how did he know about my…..feelings?

I ran towards the store where he mentioned before and I can hear people giggling from outside. Maybe I should call the police now. Just in case.

BAAAAANNNGGG!

The door fell as I kicked it hard. Yeah. This is boiling me up. “I came here with bare hands like you asked me for. Now where is Yuuzuki-san?”

“She is here.” He said and walked away. She was tied all up at the chair with a tape covered . I ran to her but then one of the gang kicked me at my stomach. Ouch.

“Hey. Calm down your horses. Of course I don’t want to let her go for free. There is something that I want from you.” He said.

“Who are you?! What do you want from me?!” *coughed*

“You can call me devil if you want to because I’m the devil that wants to vanish his intruders. Sakurako Yuuzuki was belongs to me at first when there is a mice running around her. Of course I’m mad when she is stolen from me. Which is you! I confessed to her first but unexpectedly she ran to you, which is totally unfair for me.”

“That is your problem. Why do I have to be involve and we are not even in a special relationship or what. We were just going out to have lunch but you interrupted us.”

“Not in a special relationship eh? Then I must have mistaken seeing you having your eyes on her. Laughing together is really boiling me in the inside. Finish him up.”

The gang started to beat me up. It is not fair where 6 versus 1. How can I win when they are taller and in a bigger size than me. What can I hear is Sakura sensei’s crying, asking the leader to stop. I can see myself spitting blood. I couldn’t fight anymore. My body is very weak. My head is spinning. I tried to stand on my feet but my vision is getting blur.

“As a reward, you have to die here.” He said and took the wooden chair next to him over my head. “Hope you will be happy living in hell.”

“NOOOOOOOOO!!!!”

BAAAAANNNNNGGGGGG!!!!!

Small pieces of wood flying in front of my eyes as Sakura sensei fell on me. “Sakura sensei! Sensei! You will pay for this!” I shouted and hugged Sakura sensei in my arms. The blue-red lights beaming into the room and I can hear the sound of the siren outside of this store.

“Runaway guys! Runaway!”

~*~* Shori The Victory ~*~*

“Sensei? Can you see me?” I asked, waving my hand in front of her. She slowly opened her eyes, adjusting to the lights in the room.

“W-where am I?” She asked.

“We are in a hospital. You fainted right a few minutes before the police arrived.” I said, scratching to my itchy head. Gosh! CAN I JUST OPEN THIS BAND AID AND SCRATCH IT AS MUCH AS I WANT?! SO ITCHY!

“Hahah, you look so funny with those band aids covering your small head.” She blurted. “I mean you look like a zombie.”  She burst.

“Hey. I became like this just to rescue you okay?” I said and hit her left shoulder.

“OUCH! Don’t hit a patient okay?! It is forbidden. I’m going to make you swim for 50 rounds after this!”

“I don’t care. I’m an expert now.” I said, sticking my tongue out and hit her again. She groaned in pain and her eyes shut; looking pain.

“Hey.. Don’t playing around with me!” I said and hit her again.

“No. It is so painful.” Her soft voice said. I pushed the wheelchair and pressed the emergency button. The nurse and a doctor in charged ran into my room.

“Doctor, please take a look at her.”

-At the MRI room-

Sakura sensei entered into the MRI machine and the doctor showed to me an x-ray result from his computer. “Looks like she broke her shoulder. This dark area shows where there is a crack. But this won’t take long and will recover after some surgery and physiotherapy.” He said.

“Does that will affect her activities? Can she still swimming?” I asked.

“I’m afraid no. She has to stop from swimming and it will cause major injuries.” That doctor explained again and I can see Sakura sensei looked down to her laps. Swimming is like her second life and now she has lost it just because of me.

If I didn’t join the swimming class she wouldn't have to suffer like this. I feel so guilty. It is my fault. I’m the one who made her can’t swim anymore. Both of us went back to her ward and the nurse helped her laid on the bed.

“Sensei…”

“Please leave.” She said, turning her head away from me.

“But sensei..I just w-“

“I need some time alone. Please..” She said again.. Sorry sensei.. I didn’t mean to hurt you like this.