Bestfriends

Bestfriends

 

Onew is my best friends for years now. We move Seoul because of my mom’s work. We became neighbors. At first his mom and Onew always come to our house for dinner, or for weekends and holidays. Onew and his mom always stay on our house most of the time for bonding until Onew and I became close. As in super close.

He always fetches me when going to school and take me home also. Sometimes Onew always eat dinner with us. We don’t have any secrets. When he is courting someone he makes sure he’ll get my opinion or advice and blessing. I also do the same when someone is courting me. I also knew about his girlfriend, past girlfriends, their break up stories and stuff and vice versa.

                Until now we always like before. People also misunderstand us. They told us every time we had our lone time to have fun together, they told us we are so good together and we are a cute couple. Onew and I also hangout with our other friends and they also tease us that why we have to find our Mr. /ms right if we already had each other. As best friends we also say “we’re just best friends” to them.

                Even to our parents they want us to be together. I don’t know. I have a boyfriend and she had a girlfriend.

***********

February 14, 2013

                It was Valentine’s Day and it should be my happiest day of my life right? Kris and I second valentine’s day as a couple. After work Kris promised me to have dinner with me because he has something important to tell me. I called Onew.

“Hi there handsome” I greeted him.

“Hello there beautiful” he told me.

“What are you doing?” I asked him.

“Getting ready for my date. How about you?”

“I’m still at work. Kris and I will meet at dinner. He told me he has something important to me What do you think it is Onew?”

“Hmmmm. I don’t know Jaehee.”

“What if he’s going to propose tonight Onew. Should I say yes already? You think it’s still early?”

“Yah! You’re too excited. Just wait for tonight okay. I have to go now. Lizzy might be waiting for me already”

“Okay. Okay. I’ll just see you tomorrow?”

“Okay beautiful. Bye!”

“Okay bye handsome.” Then I hung up.

                After a few hours Kris and I meet up on our favorite restaurant when we had our first date. He didn’t rent the restaurant like he always does when we’re having our date. There are also other costumers. We sit and ordered our food. While waiting for our food Kris remain silent and it bothers me.

“What’s wrong babe?” I asked him

“Nothing.”

“Tell me what’s bothering you?”

“Jaehee.”

“Hmmm?”

“I…I…I want break up with you”

I was shock by his statement. I don’t know if heard him right. Is he really breaking up with me? On this special day?

I laughed. “Stop joking Kris it’s not funny”

“I’m not joking Jaehee. I’m breaking up with you”

“You know I know you’re tired from work. This not a perfect timing to cele----“

“I love someone else Jaehee” he cut me off.

Now tears started to roll down my cheeks. I can hold it anymore.

“I’m sorry Jaehee. I should’ve told you earlier. Not this day but I can’t think a proper timing how to tell you”

“It’s her? Minah?” he nodded.

That’s it. I stood up from my chair and say goodbye to him. I ran away from the restaurant and drove my car to where I don’t know where I’m going to. I cried hard inside the car while driving. I punch my steering wheel. How could he do this to me? I love him for 2 years. Does he love me back? I wanted to call Onew but I know he’s busy right now. He’s having a date with his girlfriend also. I went to the beach. I was still inside my car. I’m staring at my phone scanning our photos with Kris. Every time I look at our photos I can’t help it but cry. And I called Onew. I was directed to a voicemail.

 

“To Onew: Hi there handsome. Are you still on a date? Kris and I went home early tonight. He told me he has important things to do tomorrow. And guess what he didn’t propose (I laughed). He…He… (I just can’t hold it anymore and I cried hard and I hung up)…”

 

ONEW’s POV

I have a beautiful and successful date with Lizzy. We had a whole day Valentine’s date. We went to amusement park and had our dinner together. But I can’t help to think about what’s happening on my best friends date. After having a date with Lizzy and on my way to go home I look at my phone and I have one voicemail message. It’s from her.

“To Onew: Hi there handsome. Are you still on a date? Kris and I went home early tonight. He told me he has important things to do tomorrow. And guess what he didn’t propose (I laughed). He…He… (I just can’t hold it anymore and I cried hard and I hung up)…”

After hearing her message I got worried. I park my car on the side of the road and call her. After nth rings finally she picked it up.

“Oh hi there handsome. How’s your date?”

“Yah! Where are you?

“Uhm. You what I love him so much. I thought he is going to propose hahaha but I guess I was wrong Onew. I was wrong”

She told me and then I heard her crying.

“Tell me where you are. You’re making me worried” I heard her sniffing

“I’m here at the beach where our families always have our vacation”

“Okay. Stay there. I’m coming.”

After a few minutes I arrived at the beach. I saw her car. Maybe she’s inside. I park beside her car and went out of my car. I immediately open her car and I saw her sleeping already. There is this sudden feeling I don’t know what. She’s so beautiful while sleeping. I can’t help it but to look at her. To look at her beautiful face. I wipe the strands of hair on her hair and put it behind her ear. Suddenly tears drops while her eyes close. I felt a clenched on my chest. It hurts me seeing her cried. I don’t know what happen to her and Kris and I also don’t know why I’m feeling this way towards her. She’ my best friend. I shouldn’t felt this way. Then suddenly she moves and wakes up. She suddenly looks at me and she cried again and she hugs me.

“Onew. He broke up with me.”

“What?”

“Kris broke up with me. He told me he’s in love with someone else and its’ my best friend Minah”

I am still hugging her and seeing her like this makes my heart hurt so much. I caress her back.

“Just cried it out Jaehee. I’m here”

And she literally cried. We stayed there until she calms down.

                Days have passed and I finally get over to Kris. I don’t have any love life. Onew is having a strong relationship with Lizzy. I always call him but he’s always busy or worst he’s always with Lizzy. It’s almost a month we’re not having fun together like we always do before.

                One day I went to their house.

“Good morning Mrs. Lee”

“Good morning Jaehee. I bet you’re looking for Onew” I nodded. “He’s still in his room. Still sleeping. You can wake him up”

“Thank you Mrs. Lee”

I went upstairs to his room. And there he is sleeping like a prince. I went beside his bed.

“You know what; I like you ever since we became close. I thought having a boyfriend will help me forget you I guess I’m wrong. You know I’m jealous when you’re with your girlfriend instead of me. But what can I do I’m just your best friends. It’s funny because I want you to be y boyfriend but I guess that would be just a dream. I know you are happy right now.”

“Really?”

I was shock that I was so startled.

“You...You’re awake?”

“Uhm. A few minutes before I heard you entering my room.”

“You. You. You heard everything?”

“Every single word Jaehee.”

I was dumbfounded right here. I can’t move. I can’t breathe. Then I pretended to faint.

“If you won’t wake up Jaehee I’ll kiss you.”

I still close my eyes.

“You’re still not going to open your eyes?”

Then I can feel he’s coming closer. I can smell his scent. This early morning he still has beautiful scent. Honestly I want him to kiss me. Then finally he kisses me and I smile. He is about to move away when I grab his neck and make the kiss deepen. It was a passionate but gentle kiss. And we parted from the kiss. We both laughed. Forehead touching each other.

“I need to tell you something.” He told me while his forehead still resting on mine.

“What is it?” my hands still on his neck.

“Lizzy and I broke up”

“Why?”

“Because I love someone else. She already had my heart ever since”

“Really? Does she know about it?”

“I bet she knows now. She already confess to me while I’m sleeping”

I smiled. I knew it was me he was talking about.

“I love you handsome”

“I love you too beautiful”

And we cuddle and kissed again. This time more passionate, gentle, romantic, rhythmic and full of love.