First

Stitched Hearts [Pit-A-Pat]

Suzy

I have a dream, you scribbled in your notebook. It was a warm, yet chilly fall day. You were at the market looking for your mom. Your mom ran a small restaurant in the market. She sold all sort of foods which you were proud of, but you felt sorry because not only was your mom busy with work, but she was also a single mom. She had to take care of two children, you and your brother. You always tried to help your mom whenever she was at work, but she rejected every offer because she didn’t want you helping. Not because she didn’t like help, but she always thought of putting your needs before hers, and she knew that you wanted to be an announcer. She wanted you to reach for your dreams and focus on what you needed to do.

However on this day, your mom wasn’t at the restaurant. Her co-worker, your aunt, was there instead.

"Auntie! Where’s mom?"

"Oh she left to pick up some ingredients. Don’t worry she’ll be back soon."

You nodded and sat down at one of the tables. Maybe because your mother’s restaurant was small, but there weren’t that many customers. There would always be an older man drinking by himself while reminiscing his past, a couple who doesn’t know how to get out of each other’s faces and then you.

You never lived the high classy life. Your family was always low-class, but you didn’t mind. Even the neighborhood you were living in, the best transportation you and your neighbors got was biking from home to work. Occasionally your mom would take the bus whenever she was too tired to ride her bike, but that’s how people lived.

"Auntie…what was your dream when you were younger?"

"Me? Haha, I didn’t have one."

"Why?"

"Your grandma didn’t allow us to do anything. She always told us, ‘Girls should be at home cooking food, clean and wait for their husbands to come back home.’ She was such a crazy lady."

You chuckled and kept doodling in your notebook.

"What are you drawing, sweetie?"

"My dream…you said as you smiled."

Himchan

"THIS IS ALL WRONG! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING?"

Your assistant cowered away into the corner.

"B-b-but boss…I did everything you told me to do…"

"DID I TELL YOU TO REJECT THE OFFER FROM KINGDOM MALL? ARE YOU CRAZY?? I’VE BEEN TRYING TO GET THEM TO SIGN THE CONTRACT FOR OVER 2 YEARS, AND YOU JUST BREAK IT OFF? I NEEDED TO RENT THEIR MALL FOR THIS SHOW!"

"I didn’t mean to! I-I-I-I just thought you weren’t in favor of Kingdom mall b-because—"

"I wasn’t in favor?" you said as you grabbed the back of your neck.

"BOSS! ARE YOU HAVING ANOTHER—"

"Leave…"

"Excuse—"

"LEAVE!"

Like that your assistant left at the speed of light. You pounded your fist into the desk.

"People are so stupid. They think they know you, but they really don’t. Stupid Assistant Yang…should’ve known he wouldn’t be any help from the first day I saw him!"

You sat back down into your chair and closed your eyes. You were stressed. You didn’t want to hear any noises. You shut the windows and silenced your phone.

"Peace and quiet—"

Your company phone started to ring.

"I should just plug the phone cord out. I hate everybody here."

You got up from your chair and put the caller on speaker.

"What?" you said annoyed.

"Um…Boss Kim?"

"Talk."

"Um…I just wanted to remind you that the CEO of Kingdom Mall will be here soon to um…go over the contract with you…"

"I know," you said as you hung up.

"Of course I know, I run the place. Does she think I’m stupid?"

You sat back in your seat and closed your eyes.

"I hate people," you thought.

 

Suzy

"Mommy!!!" You ran and gave your mom a big hug.

"Where did you go? I was worried!!" She laughed and brushed your hair back.

"I went to the market to get ingredients. We have a special customer coming in later so we have to prepare a feast for them."

"Special customer? How special could they be?"

"They rented the whole restaurant for the whole night."

Your mouth was agape. You were excited and thrilled because business was a bit slow, but to think that your mother’s whole restaurant was going to be filled with people pleased you.

Your mother walked passed you into the kitchen.

"What about Suho? (it's the same Su so I used the name; not exo suho!)"

"I don’t know…probably hanging out with his friends."

You ran over to the table you were sitting at and kept doodling. You were doodling a picture of you sitting behind the SBS News desk with your fellow anchorman. You drew in the little details: reading off a script, cameras surrounding you, the SBS News logo behind you and everything. You kept giggling as you were drawing. Your mother looked up from her cooking at your face. She couldn’t help but smile.

"Suzy-ah! Come and help your mother!" Your aunt said.

"Sure—"

"No it’s fine. Let Suzy finish what she was doing."

"No mom. It’s fine! I’ll help!" You said as you ran towards the kitchen.

"No baby. I feel sorry. Just go keep doodling. I can do this by myself."

You turned around while shrugging your shoulders at your aunt.

"Just let her help you! You can’t do this by yourself!"

"I know…and that’s why I have you. Get working."

"Always so mean to your sister and not your daughter. Is it because--"

"She’s going to hear you!" Your mother said as she cut your aunt off. Your aunt gave her a dirty look and started cutting the onions.

As they were cooking, you were in your own little world, imagining how life would be if you were a news anchor.

"I would successful, beautiful, rich and—"

"Fat…" you heard. You turn around to see your little brother.

"You forgot fat."

You punched him, making him bend down to his feet.

"I thought I told you not to call me that again. I lost weight. I’m not the same kid I was 3 years ago."

"You are in my eyes."

You started punching your brother everywhere making him cower away from you.

"Will you two please stop? I told you we have a special customer coming later and we need to prepare a feast…A FEAST! So let’s not get distracted."

Both you and your brother hugged and went back to work. You were still drawing in your notebook while your brother was listening to music and feeling the beat.

"Why do you always draw your dreams out?"

"Because I heard if you draw out your future, it’ll come true."

You were 3 years older than your brother, but it always seemed like it was the other way around. Your brother was mature, but you were still childish. Even though you were 21, you still had the mindset of a child.

As you spoke, your brother grabbed your cheeks.

"Aw, you’re so cute."

You pushed his hands away, knowing that he was going to keep bothering you.

"Hey remember…I’m older!"

"Who cares?"

After 3 hours of bickering with your brother, the food was finally done. It was 7pm and the “special customer” was about to arrive.

"Okay, I’m sorry to ask but Suzy-yah, Suho-yah. You guys HAVE to help me and your auntie today, okay?"
You both nodded in unison.

Himchan

"Hello Han CEO…" you said with an awkward tone.

"Hello Kim CEO. I believe you know the reason why I’m here. I’m sorry that you wanted to break off the contract with our mall. I thought all the messages and calls you gave me was begging me to agree with the contract, but I guess not." He said in a haughty manner.

You never liked the CEO of Kingdom Mall. He was rude, cold and arrogant.

"Yes, but um…I think there was a mistake. You see, my assistant misunderstood what I said and ended the contract, but I really didn’t want to."

I look like a loser begging him to sign this contract. I mean I did be before, but this is just embarrassing. Wait until I get my hands on Assistant Yang. You thought.

"I was wondering if you had time for dinner. Maybe we can talk then." You said while fidgeting with your fingers.

"I actually have a dinner meeting in Gwangju, but if you want to come, you can come. I’m not sure if I’ll be able to talk with you in depth, but we can try."

"Gwangju? Sounds good! What time?"

"7:30pm. Please don’t be late." And like that Han CEO left.

You were sweating like crazy.

"I’ve never been this nervous before," you said as you took a sip out of your cup.

"Assistant Jung!"

"Yes sir?"

"Bring the car out at 6. We’re going to Gwangju."

"Right on it sir!"

Suzy

"Where are these people?"

It was a little past 7pm and the “special customer” was nowhere to be seen.

"Mom are you sure they’re coming tonight?"

"Yes. And Suzy-yah, it’s still 7. They’re reservation is at 7:30."

You let out a frustrated scream and sat down at the tables next to your brother.

"Suho-yah, change the channel."

"No. My show is on right now. I have to watch this."

"Turn the news on! It’s 7! The news!"

"Go watch it somewhere else! My show is on!"

"You’re a freaking 18 year old and you’re still watching that stupid anime?"

"HEY! NARUTO IS NOT STUPID!"

You started to bicker with your brother again, frustrating your mom.

"Kids please, please, please stop fighting! This is a very important night for our restaurant and I don’t want anything ruining it!"

You both answered in unison.

You looked at the clock and it said 7:25.

"They’re going to be here soon!" you said as you got up and turned the TV off.

"But—"

"No buts! The ‘special customer’ is about to arrive! And as you said that you heard the door to the restaurant slide open.

Welcome!" you said with a smiling face.

 

"Hello." A tall man wearing a checkered suit said.

"Are you here with the Han party?" Your mother asked.

"I am actually, but…no one is here,” he replied.

"The reservation time was at 7:30, but they’ll be here soon. Please come in and sit. Suzy-yah, help the man."

You led the man to his table and sat him down.

"Would you like anything to drink?"

"Just water please."

You were a bit irritated with his cold tone and manner, but you couldn’t do anything about it. You ran to grab a cup of water and placed it in front of him.

"Would you like to order anything else?"

"What did you just hand me?" he asked with an irritated face.

"Excuse me?"

"I said, what did you just give me?"

"You asked for water, so I gave you water."

"Is this tap water? Do you know how disgusting tap water may be? Sure it may ‘look’ clean, but tap water isn’t good for you! Especially for me. I carry a very expensive body. And this expensive body has to manage a very expensive company. I’m the leading man and I don’t believe the leading men in dramas ever, let me repeat, EVER, drink tap water so, if you wouldn’t mind, please give me some CLEAN, ice cold water please."

You were dumbfounded. You wanted to punch this guy in the face.

"I’m sorry sir, but all we have it tap water. And I’m sorry if we’re not able to serve you at your level. Actually I shouldn’t be the one sorry here. I think you should be the one reaching our level. Sure we’re not as rich as you, but that doesn’t mean we’re inexpensive. My mom has managed this restaurant from my grandfather for the past 30 years. She has been cooking all her life and has won many cooking competitions in Gwangju. Sure the Gwangju may not be as rich and civilized as Seoul, but we’re not cheap. My mother’s hand probably costs more than your stupid Burberry cuffs or your stupid Louis Vuitton wallet and—"

"I could care less about your family history," he said as he cut you off.

"I don’t care what you say because it won’t change my mind. Now, get me some clean, I repeat, CLEAN, water please."

You couldn’t hold in the anger. You literally wanted to grab the collar of his shirt and punch the arrogance out of him. You were infuriated. You clenched your fists together when you suddenly had an idea.

"I’ll get you your clean water. Just a minute." You said as you turned around into the kitchen.

Himchan

"We’re 10 minutes earlier than the appointed time! You know how I feel when I’m the first one to arrive at events." You said as you pouted.

"I’m sorry sir. I guess there wasn’t a lot of traffic today," your assistant said as he wiped the back of his neck.

"I’ll get out in 5 minutes."

5 minutes have passed and you got out of the car.

"This is the place?"

Your assistant nodded.

"It’s the size of my grandmother’s booger. Why would he choose to eat here?"

You tweeked your head to the right, and proceeded to walk.

You opened the door to the restaurant to find two children fighting over what looked like a remote.

"Childish…" you thought.

One of the children came over and assisted you. She looked like a baby.

You followed her to the table. You ordered water and when she brought it to you , you were furious. You complained because you brought you what you considered, “dirty water”. You complained to the waitress and she started telling you about her history and this crap. You forgot what she said but you knew it wasn’t of importance to you and it wouldn’t affect you.

When she walked away to get you clean water you were relieved.

"Finally she stopped talking. Why would such a young girl have so much to say?"

You arched your back and looked at your watch.

"7:28…it’s only been 3 minutes." You said while letting out a sigh.

Suzy

"Wait until I get that jerk…" you thought.

As you went into the kitchen your mother stopped you.

"What are you going to do with that water jug?"

"Don’t worry mommy."

Your mother tilted her head and wanted to ask you something, but you left before she could stop you. You carried a water jug filled to the top. You were struggling, but you were able to bring it to the table.

"Is that the clean water? Looks dirty to me…" the spoiled man said.

"Dirty? I’ll show you what’s dirty," you said as you poured the water all over him. You shook the jug to make sure every little drop came out.

"Look who’s the dirty one now?"

You stuck your tongue out and placed the water jug on the table. You dusted your hands off and as you did the door to the restaurant opened. You look over to see about 10 men wearing suits.

"Kim CEO? Is that you?" One of the men said.

"CEO?" you thought.

The arrogant man turned his head and tried to hide, but the men quickly ran over to him.

"Nice look." The men scoffed at him.

Even though you were the one who poured the water over him, you felt sorry because the men were laughing at him.

The man quickly got up from his chair and walked over to you.

"Where’s the bathroom?" He said calmly. You were shaking and pointed towards the back.

"Thank you." He said.

“Did I do something wrong?” 


yay first chapter! and already 4 subscribers!! :)

please anticipate for future chapter, but i hope you enjoyed the first chapter! please comment! & don't forget to subscribe! <3