In The Name of My Death

Love and Death

 



 

“Do you love me?”

Every time she asked him that question, he always plastered a smirk which she considered it as a smile.

 

*18 victims*

That night, moonlight helped Yoona to see Donghae’s beautiful patterns in front of her apartment. Although she couldn’t clearly describe his expression, but she could clearly see a tarnished blood splattered on his white shirt and black jacket. She looked at him deeply.

"You ki-killed someone a-again?" She asked. Her voice broken, even nearly lost in his cold and sharp gaze. But again, she still loved him. The world knew it, Yoona knew it even Donghae knew it.

"Yes" He replied calmly as usual. Donghae was always calm even though he had killed many lives that night. Because dealing with the girl who deeply in love with him, he would always be able to breathe in the quietest rhythm.

Her tears then fell. And at that moment, Donghae looked at her eyes warmly. He slowly stepped forward and hugged her tightly.

 

Every skinship she made with him, he was dying wanted skinned that soft fair skin of hers.

 

*21 victims*

"21 ..." Donghae smiled proudly "Dead"

"You're sick!"

"Yes! But you still love me, right?"

She was silent, but slowly nodding for his question. He widened his smile.

Because loving him was an absolute fact. Even when world was surely afraid of him, even when she never knew whether Donghae loved her back or not, or even when she knew Donghae would kill her sooner or later. There would never be any doubt in her heart about loving him.

Even when she had known at the first place that loving him wasn’t an exception for her not to be killed. She knew Donghae was a crazy psychopath. He could kill anybody around him when he was craving for someone’s death.

Save the best for the last.

That was probably what Donghae thought about her all the time, and Yoona was aware of it but she was never once afraid of him.

"Can you stop killing people?" Her serious question suddenly created a deep silence in her apartment. Both looked at each other in a long time.

Then Donghae looked Yoona at the most serious level of his gaze "No, of course not"

There were no words that Yoona could throw to respond him, though she hated his answer so much. Only sweat trickling on her beautiful forehead, but she remained calm.

"What’s wrong Im Yoona? Are you afraid that I'll kill you someday? Don’t you love me so much? Or…” He stepped towards her “Would you die for me then?"

 

He was a crazy psychopath, yet she was ready if he was the one who took away her life.

 

*29 victims*

Lee Donghae was the only man who could make Yoona losing her normal sense. But once again, she still loved him. Always. Yesterday Donghae had killed 29 people. Yet the police still had not been able to catch him. How not, Yoona's father was a police chief.  That was an easy case for her to convince him. She, who also grew as a smartest law student in the Seoul University could easily make a perfect alibi to cover all his sins. Although Donghae never asked her to do it and hell already wanted to invite him, Yoona would always protect him. Like definitely.

 

Every time he saw her sweet smile, he wanted to up her blood.

 

She knew she always loved him. But now she knew, she could no longer feel it soon. Because tonight, on 29th may at 23:45, her time finally came.

 

Every time she breathed near him, the more he wanted to rip apart her beating heart.

 

Yoona had been tied tightly for hours on the chair by the one she loved the most tonight. In the shed outdated and dirty place that Donghae considered to be his home. Yoona resigned, didn’t wriggle, nor fear. Although fear was an expression that Donghae always wanted to see from her beautiful face, but unfortunately he never once got it.

A sight of her tied body on the chair was enough to make Donghae feel so relief. With a knife in his hand, he scratched weak Yoona’s cheek. She swallowed hard. Her head avoided a cold long metal he held.

"We're both sick Yoona. You're not supposed to love a killer maniac like me at the first place"

His smile at that time was creepy but Yoona found it sweet. His strong statement before vibrated her heart but Yoona would never listen him anyways. Any reason from him or her could never make her stop loving a murderer like Lee Donghae. Her heart would always say different in the end even when what Donghae said was right. And if loving him meant she was sick, then Yoona preferred to remain sick.

Donghae then squatted right in front of her. He stared at Yoona firmly, but once again Yoona considered it as warmth gaze. Donghae moved forward and suddenly brought his lips to hers. He squashed it slow. It surprised her but Yoona obviously responded it, even when the ties limited her move to enjoy it more. The kiss was not aggressive yet sweet for her. The sound of their passionate kiss and her moan could be heard in his quiet warehouse, until the lack of oxygen finally stopped them.

Yoona panted after it ended. She looked at him with her sweet smile. Donghae soon got up to untied her. She immediately stood up and kissed him freely.

"I love you" Said Yoona between their sweet kiss “And I always do” As their kiss continued passionately again.

 

“I love you”

Every time she told him that phrase, the more he wanted to taste her death.

 

Yoona’s tears then suddenly fell when she realized there would be blood stain on his clothes tonight. As the knife finally had been lifted, and she knew her life would end in a matter of seconds later.

She had prepared.

Then the red liquid splashed, staining both of them. And his 30th victim finally had been created at 00:01.

 

*30 victims*

Yoona's eyes widened. Body suddenly lost strength. Heart was scratched. But her mind was obviously gone when she knew the blood wasn’t from her.

When the fresh blood in front of her eyes belonged to her beloved one.

It was Donghae’s blood.

 

But a brutal psychopath like him still could feel love.

Because even though his mind made by darkness and death, his heart covered by love.

 

"I love you too, Yoona" Donghae forced himself so hard to smile because that simple case suddenly became the hardest thing for him to do right now. But at least he was able to finally confess his love first time for her, even at that time his face was pale from losing blood. His smile was weak for enduring his pain. Donghae was happy.

Then he collapsed, groaning in pain. He just killed himself. Because no matter how happy Donghae killed someone, no matter how he actually wanted to kill Yoona. Donghae would never be able to really enjoy the blood from the girl in front of him, the girl that he loved much deeper than her love towards him.  

 

Because killing her would be same with killing his dream world.

 

Im Yoona was the girl who made him calm when his soul struggling crazy of his own misery. Her sweet smile the only thing that was able to soothing his sick soul. Her deep love was the only thing that could make him feel peace when people looked at him with disgrace. And together with her he could feel sincerity, not a fear like other people shot at him. With her he could feel a sincere love, not hatred like from people around. With her he could become normal, not a crazy psychopath who wanted to kill anybody. With Yoona, he knew that someone sick like him was still worthy to be loved.

And killing himself was what he had to do soon and right away before his desire to kill Yoona grew stronger within him, before he killed his happiness. 

 

Her tears remained. The hell laughed at her, because it was finally his time to come.

 

On her knees, Yoona’s eyes and mouth wide opened. Heart was trembling hard. His blood was every where. She still didn’t understand. She was still difficult to understand. She knew what was going on in front of her, but she could not understand it. She didn’t want to understand it. It was still hard for Yoona to digest everything in front of her eyes, even when she finally heard a phrase love from his mouth. She couldn’t joy in happiness when she clearly saw a knife in his hand stabbed deeply in his stomach.

 

And the clock reminded her, that her time to love him almost over.

 

Started hardly breathe was him. Donghae knew this was coming to an end, as his disease also finally over. There would be no souls killed by his hands again. There would be no more suffering lingered inside him. He no longer had to hold himself not to kill Yoona. He finally won over himself.

He was glad even when his ​​body had lost strength to remain conscious. But his eyes still could look at her with sincere. And once again it was the first time the sincerity in his eyes had been showed to her.

"I love you, Yoona” His voice barely heard “So much. More than you’ve ever thought. And…” He tried hardly to smile “Happy birthday my love"

And his weak smile slowly disappeared, sincere eyes slowly closed and his last breath was finally exhaled. As the soul she loved the most had finally gone.

 

I Love You, In The Name of My Death.