Endure the Pain

Endure

Kai's POV

Another day in school means another day that I have to see him. Seeing him means pain. But I have to endure it. I have to endure the pain. The pain that my heart is thumping all about. The pain that I feel every time I see him with Sehun. The pain that I feel everytime he talks about Sehun. I think I cannot do anything about this. This feeling that I have felt for the first time. Just let the pain subside, Kai. You can do this. Sigh. 

"Hey. What's with that deep sigh?" He lifted me from this deep thoughts that's been my soul. 

"Ah? Oh. Nothing. Just... just thinking about our investigatory project. I can't seem to find enough information." An alibi escaped my lips just like how I wanted to escape from this prison feelings. I looked at him when I sensed that he sat beside me." 

*thump thump thump* Here we go again with this fast heart beating when he is near.

"I've been looking for you, you know. And also Sehun. We noticed that recently, you're not playing the violin anymore. What's happening to you? You've been out of yourself lately."

Am I that obvious? Tss. He wouldn't know and notice anyway. 

"Nothing. It's just that... there is this guy that I like but it seems that he likes someone else." I gave him a hint. Well, was that a hint already?

"Oh. Well, that is heart breaking." *I know and you don't.*

"Sigh." That was the only thing that came out from my mouth because my mind is too cloudy to formulate words and thoughts to say to him. 

"Where is everybody else?" I asked him. "Soccer field, I think." He said.

"Let's go?"

"...mmm." 

While walking, I noticed that he's been looking at me from time to time. Luhan, please do not torture and abuse my feelings. You're killing me, you know. Imagine those brown orbs looking and striking at your soul. 

"What?" I snapped.

"Oh. Sorry. I just want to say something to you... It's about me and Sehun."

I am ready for this heart shattering news.

"What is it? Spit it out now. We're already near the field." 

I am ready to hear the words "I like him.".

I am ready to hear my heart breaking into pieces. 

"We are dating already. I'm going out with him."  What?! That was not the sentence that I'm getting ready for! What can be worse that this? The guy that I like is going out with my friend. Luhan is already going out with Sehun.

"Am I the first one to know?" I smiled and jumped with joyWhat a nice acting skills you've got there, Kkamjong.

"Yes, you are buddy." Buddy. Yes, I am your buddy. *sigh*

"Really? Good news for you." I hugged him for sympathy. WHAT THE HELL, KAI! ARE YOU A MASOCHIST?

 


"Where have you been, Jongin?" Kyungsoo asked.

"Music room. I want to unwind. Gonna go first." I stood up and looked at Luhan who is flirting talking with Sehun. I think Kyunsoo saw that glance and made eye contact with me. I walked towards the school garden and sat under the tree. Didn't know that Kyunsoo followed me. 

"What's up?" He asked with a hint of concern in his voice.

"You know what is up. He is already dating Sehun." 

"Whoa there. Really?" 

"I know. And it freaking hurts. When he said that, it feels like there is a knife ripping my heart."  Sobs. "Whoo. I do not know what to do anymore."

"There, there." He patted my shoulder to comfort me. That is Kyungsoo. He doesn't know how to comfort people when they are crying. 

"You know-" I started. "..saying "there there" will not help me." He cut me off. We looked at each other and...

"Hahahahh." we laughed. I dried my tears away and stared at the ground just like how I look at Luhan.

"I know. But that is the only way that I know to comfort people but apparently that does not work on you." We laughed again. Pfft.

Kyungsoo: the only person who can comfort me without trying.

"Let's go back now. The others might notice. They also saw the way you glanced at Luhan and Sehun." He said while getting up and dusting the invisible dirt on his pants.

He reached out for my hand when he saw me getting up.

"Aish. I should stop looking at him. You know, I want to stop this feeling. It's so ridiculous that I even started liking him even though I already knew that he likes Sehun. It's so freaking ridiculous.  so ridiculous that I want to scream until my voice runs out."

"Then, stop. You're being a masochist." He said in a 'duh'manner.

"I want to but you know, there is this little fire in my heart that's been saying all this time that do not give up on this stupid feelings. Saying that there is hope. But my mind says the otherwise. Saying that "Stop it already. You look stupid still hoping for Luhan to look at you as a lover."" 

"Hey, guys." We greeted them when we reached the school cafeteria. 

"Oh. The Kaisoo couple is already here." Chanyeol snickered and everyone laughed. 

I looked at Kyungsoo who lowered his head. "Yah. He's my bestfriend." I said. 

 


After 3 months

Right from the start, I have known that he likes Sehun. But I did not stop liking him just because of that reason. I don't know why I pushed through with that feelings. Ha! I feel so dumb and stupid. 1 week has passed, Luhan and Sehun are not attending classes, not picking up our calls, not joining our hang outs. Which drove us crazy because two of our friends are out of their minds.

"Hey, Kai." Huh? I think I've heard someone call my name. That sweet familiar voice.

"Hey,Kai! I have been calling you countless of times. Are you okay?" Oh, now it is clear. Luhan was the one calling me. He is present today, huh? Is he or are they okay now?

"I want to talk to someone. Are you free?" He asked me with that problem filled face. I think he's been crying all night long. 

"It's okay. Where do you want to go? Cafe or the usual place?" I asked him and slung my arm on his shoulder.


 

 

Hi guys! I was about to write something longer but I need to sleep. This was supposed to be updated last night but I forgot to unhide it. hihi. Mianhe. I will just update the other half of this story next time. Please bear with me. Sorry for the grammatical errors. Subscribe Comment and Upvote. Thank you. Love you guys.

Your *insert adjective here* Author,

Aleakimmm

follow me on twitter : @SELULUATLOLA