The Melody that Leads Me to You

The Melody that Leads Me to You

FInal chapter; the melody that leads me to you


page-divider-105.gif 

Day One:

Do you believe in love at first sight? I had better things to care about than love but it changes when I encountered a beautiful melodic sound.

I stepped inside the café before it started to drizzle. There was something special about this place that I have yet to discover. I was greeted by the beautiful melody playing, merging with the light sound of the raindrop tapping against the ground and the window. I was too immersed into the song. I became attached to the melody rather than the player him or herself. Is that even possible?

Day Two:

Summer has just begun yesterday and until now, I have been tapping onto the black and white keys set on the piano, trying to perfect his rendering piano piece of Canon in D Major. As time grew, I became frustrated. I had the musical piece perfectly memorized. I was abruptly got up, grabbed my messenger bag, and then fumed out.

The bus ride was long but it did not matter; I wanted to meet this amazing pianist who managed to catch my heart like no other person. I sat down and ordered the usual. A moment later, a slice of tiramisu cheesecake and a large green tea latte arrived at my table. I appreciated the fact the waitress placed it down without a clacking sound. I continued to stare at the white grand piano, replaying the musical piece in my mind.  The phone vibrated violently on the table. I heaved a sigh and glimpsed at the caller display. I guess I will come back tomorrow; I thought sadly and left the café.

 

 

Day Thirty-One:

It has been a month since I have heard that musical piece. I waited and waited but I never heard that melody again. It saddens me that I might never have a chance to hear his or her playing again. People would have thought it's about time for me to give up on something deemed as delusional. For my birthday, I only wish to hear that melody again. I can give up anything but that melody. If you were me, would you give up something that has a meaning to you? I assume you would not, am I right?

I stepped into the café, greeted by the waitress. They did not have to take my order; they knew me well enough by now. "Are you waiting for that mysterious pianist of yours again?" I slightly averted my eyes, smiling weakly, and nodded. "I hope he or she will come by today." She walked away after placing my drink down.

Not a moment too long, I saw a short, male figure walking towards the white grand piano. His fingers slightly touched the black and white keys before proceeding to play the selected musical piece of his. I closed my eyes and smiled to the beautiful sound emitting from the piano. It's him, it's definitely him... but something is different. This feeling, how do I describe it? I waited for him to finish playing. Questions pondered on my mind; I needed to confront him.

Minutes passed and he finally finished playing Canon in D Major. It was the perfect timing to ask him. He walked towards the front door but halted to a stop upon my utter. "Excuse me!" He slightly turned around and smiled, slightly bowing as a greeting. I walked until I was in front of him.

"Is there something wrong, Miss?" I nodded my head, everything was wrong. "How may I help you then?"

"Are you the one who played the exact same song, a month ago?" I questioned immediately. He let out a chuckled and shook his head, "I am sorry but you must have mistaken me for someone else. I assume you must be talking about the caramel-colored hair guy, am I right?" I gave a little thought before nodding.

"He is a friend of mine. Apparently, he asked me a favor to play a song here for the one. She was his first love." So he has a girlfriend, I thought disappointedly. He noticed my face was starting to lose color. "I think you are the one he is talking about. Would you like to meet him?"

It was a long ride towards wherever the destination he was talking me. They say to never follow a stranger and yet here I am, sitting next to a stranger on the bus. "Listen to this. This is something precious to me, but I am sure it finally found its owner." He handed me the iPod with that goofy smile of his. I plugged the earpiece into my ears and listened to the angelic voice ringing through my eardrums. What do I call this feeling?

I followed behind him to wherever he leaded me. I tilted my head upon seeing the vast field of Baby's Breath. "What is this?" I mean who wouldn't be confused upon seeing words engraving on the tombstone.

"I think it's best if I leave you two alone," he answered and softly whispered something almost inaudible, "I hope you will remember something important, ." He walked away without any other words.

Kim Sung-Gyu.

Our beloved son, brother, and boyfriend

April 28, 1989 - July 02, 2013

You and your voice will always be missed and remembered.

The tears were continuously flowing down upon her cheeks, although she didn't have a reason. "Thank you, Kim Sung-Gyu ssi, for allowing me to hear your beautiful musical piece that day. It would be nice if we will get a chance to see each other in the next lifetime."

Strange; I barely know you, but yet I feel deeply connected to you. Crave; I never had you, but yet I feel so lonely without you. Safe; I barely know you, but yet I feel secure when I am with you. Strange; I don't even know you, but yet I feel so strong and bold when I'm with you. 

 

page-divider-105.gif 

Author's Notes;  Hello there, a little note from Alice Lei. I hope this wasn't too rushed compare to the last one. I know I am mean for making Sung-Gyu died. I just can't help it, even though he is my ultimate bias. Of course, I mean no harm either. I have rewritten this, hopefully you all think it is better than the previous one. Excuse for the grammatical errors, it's not my strong point. Ideas were taken from my incompleted fanfic "Voice of My Heart." This one shot is written for Infinite Writing Contest - Timeless. Link is in the foreword. Hope you all enjoy reading and good day to you all(:

» layout credit