REC

REC
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

R E C

 

Hyukjae was wheezing slightly as he put down a small paper bag on the kitchen table. Sitting down, he noticed with a grin that the table was already set.

“What would you like to drink? Coffee or tea?” he asked and looked down to the other side of the table. The other remained silent, a small smile on his lips. Hyukjae returned the smile. He knew all too well that the other wasn’t good at making decisions.

“I’ve met Youngwoon-hyung the other day,” he started to blabber and reached over to the small bag, grabbing a still warm croissant from it, “He asked me how I was doing and as I told him that everything’s fine he looked very depressed. To be honest, he didn’t look very happy to begin with.”

Hyukjae started to butter the top of his croissant and lifted his gaze. “Don’t look at me like that!” he laughed, “I don’t know what’s wrong with him either.” He looked back at the croissant in his hands, “Something’s odd though. He told me, time couldn’t stand still forever.” Another laugh erupted from his throat, “I wonder how he knows that I have to change the batteries of my watch. I didn’t even wear it.”

He took a bite from his croissant, shrugged lightly and leaned back with a satisfied sigh.

The spring sun warmed up his face and he closed his eyes. Arms crossed behind his head, he was sitting in peace and harmony for the first time since what felt like an eternity. A light breeze was blowing through the open kitchen window. It was soft and mild but it suddenly made him shudder.

The telephone rang.

Hyukjae sat up straight but wasn’t even thinking of answering it. Instead he was holding his head, rested his elbows on the table and hoped the ringing would finally stop and let him be. And it did: after torturing seconds the answering machine started with a loud beep.

Silence filled the apartment until he heard a heavy sigh.

“Hyukjae-yah… It’s me, Sungmin. I… just wanted to know how you feel and if everything’s okay. I haven’t seen you for a long time now and I’m starting to worry. All of us worry about you, you know? Youngwoon-hyung told me he saw you and… It’s been three months, Hyuk. Don’t do this, please…”

He cover

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter