Because I'm Not Good With Words

To Say 'I Love You'

"Jaehwan-Sunbaenim!"

Jaehwan reluctantly turned away from his favorite hyung, to face the first year student running up to him, red-faced from the physical exertion. Pushing aside his irritation, he smiled. It wouldn't do for anyone to see the school's 'aegyo king' with anything but a smile on his face.  "Eunkyung-ssi, right?" He asked when the girl had finally caught her breath.

The poor girl flushed a dark red, ecstatic that their school's most popular vocal student had known her name. She held out a slightly rumpled folder with trembling hands, "Kim-seonsaengnim said that this is your assignment for the upcoming showcase in December". He accepted the paper with a kind smile and waved the first year bye as she rushed off, no doubt to tell all her friends that the Jaehwan knew her name. 

"Aren't you going to open it?" 

Jaehwan turned to look at his expressionless hyung, a genuine smile on his face this time. It was rare for his hyung to speak at all, their conversations being mostly one-sided with Jaehwan doing all the talking. For this very reason, people often avoided the quiet third year music student, wrongly thinking that he was being rude. They couldn't have been more wrong. His hyung was a man of few words and to top it all off, shy and easily embarrassed. He was the most fascinating person Jaehwan had ever met. 

"You must be really curious to see who I got partnered with, if you're actually bothering to ask, Taekwoon-hyung", Jaehwan teased, playfully poking the older boy's cheeks. 

The older boy blushed, something that was extremely out-of-character for him despite how often he was embarrassed, before pushing away the finger currently abusing his cheek. "I'm not curious", he mumbled. 

"Well, I'm curious but knowing Kim-seonsaegnim, he won't have wrote down who my partner was. The only thing in that folder is probably the practice schedule and  what practice room we're assigned to ", Jaehwan said as he slipped the folder into his back pack. He then stood up with a frown. He truely was excited for the showcase, especially Taekwoon's performance, but the preparations would be cutting into his Taekwoon time as well. Jaehwan sighed, his obsession with the older boy was seriously starting to worry him. "Well, I better go report to Kim-seonsaegnim", he said, silently praying he didn't sound as disappointed as he felt. 

Surprisingly, Taekwoon stood up as well, pulling his backpack on. "I'll walk with you", he muttered, already walking towards the music building, "I need to meet up with my partner too". 

Jaehwan hurried to catch up with the taller boy. As he trailed behind his hyung, he couldn't help the frown forming on his face. He had been unpleasantly surprised at hearing the third year pianist had also signed up to be partnered with another student. Ever since he had started attending the J.F. Academy of Music in middle school, Taekwoon had always performed solo. Even after they became friends, no matter how much Jaehwan had begged and pleaded, his hyung would resolutely refuse. Today just wasn't his day. Not only would this keep him away from Taekwoon but someone else would be taking up Taekwoon's time as well. 

So lost in his own self pity, he didn't notice the older boy stopping and promplty bumped into his back. "Wah! Sorry, Hyung! ", Jaehwan quickly apologized, a sheepish smile on his face as he rubbed his forehead. 

"We're here", Taekwoon replied instead. 

The younger looked away from the stoic boy's usual expressionless features to find that the other had led him to his vocal teacher's classroom. A warm, fuzzy feeling filled his chest. He had been experiencing it more often whenever the third year music student was around, especially when the older did unexpected things like this. 

Taekwoon had undeniably walked him to his class. The staircase to the practice rooms were in the front hall of the music building and they had passed it a while ago. The person who was always complaining that the younger did useless things, had walked in the complete opposite direction of where he needed to go, to walk Jaehwan to his class. Honestly, there was no turning back now. Not for Jaehwan. Not when he was already this in love. "Thanks, Taekwoon-hyung", he whispered, still awestruck by how un-Taekwoon-like, Taekwoon was acting today. 

The taller male's mouth opened slightly, he looked as if he wanted to say something. There was an expression on the older's face that Jaehwan couldn't quite place but it was gone almost as suddenly as it came. Shoving his hands in the pockets of his school uniform's pants, Taekwoon gave the younger a quick nod before walking away.

After watching the older boy disappear down the hall, Jaehwan practically floated into the classroom, no doubt with a goofy smile on his face. Unfortunately, he was brought back to Earth when he recieved a smack to the back of his head. From experience, he jumped out of reach before the next slap came. "Sunggyu-hyung", he whined, "You're going to give me brain damage if you keep hitting me like that". 

"Yah!", Jaehwan dodged the hand again, "I sent for you almost twenty minutes ago! What the hell took you so long?!" 

The vocal student couldn't help but laugh at his teacher. Kim-seonsaengnim was the instructor for the advanced vocal classes and had been Jaehwan's teacher since he started at the academy. The two had quite the reputation around campus, students and staff a like making jokes about their 'love/hate relationship'. 

"Sorry, sorry", he cried in between his laughter, skilfully avoiding more slaps from the older. When they finally called a truce, both student and teacher were lying on the floor, exhausted. 

Eventually, Sunggyu stood up first then pulled his student up. They stared each other down until Sunggyu's eyes became so small that Jaehwan burst out into laughter again. This earned him another slap, this time to the side of his head. "Listen up, brat", the vocal instructor glared, his small eyes nearly disappearing, "your partner for the showcase actually requested a punk like you, so you better not mess around". 

Jaehwan, who had ended up sitting on the floor again, looked up at his teacher in confusion, "Who's so special that you let them choose who they wanted to be partnered with? And why didn't I get a say in the decision?!"

The small-eyed man scoffed, "In case you've forgotten, which you seem to do frequently, I'm the teacher in charge of the showcase so I can do whatever the hell I want. Also, I don't give a damn about what bratty kids like you have to say. Now, you better practice your off because I will personally make the rest of your life a living hell if you give that music student any reason to complain to that  egotistic , Woohyun".

Jaehwan and the rest of the students all wore identical smirks at their teacher's last comment. Everyone and their mothers knew about the rivalry between the head vocal and music instructors. It also didn't take much to see that the two were madly in love with each other...or at least attracted enough by their lust for one another to not kill each other. "Sunggyu-hyung", he threw the rest of the class a look, making sure they were ready to duck in case of flying objects, "You really shouldn't talk that way about your boyfriend". And true to form, the small-eyed teacher let out an outraged shout before grabbing the closest thing to his hand and flinging it in Jaehwan's direction.

The vocalist ran from the classroom, laughing loudly as he went. He was lucky that Sunggyu secretly (oh so very secretly, almost to the point where the teacher didn't know it himself) thought of him as his favorite student. When he was far enough from his small-eyed teacher's rage, he leaned against a wall to pull the folder with his room assignment written in it. As he was going through the papers, he happened upon the practice schedule. The first was scheduled for that same day at 12:30, right after lunch break. Wait...12:30? The vocalist checked the time on his phone and jumped up in a flurry when he saw the time. He was nearly half an hour late. Jaehwan sprinted up the steps to the second floor. Sunggyu would get over the teasing but he would never forgive him if Nam-seonsaengnim came and complained about his tardiness.

He cursed at his luck, Sunggyu would assign him to the rooms at the back of the building, which were slightly bigger so they could hold grand pianos. He cursed again, this time at whoever was his partner. Who would be pretentious enough to want to work on a grand piano just for practices?

As room 207 came into veiw, Jaehwan slowed down to fix his clothes and hair. Even if he was already late, he still wanted to salvage what was left of his chances at making a good first impression. It was important that he and his partner get along seeing as they would be working together for the next few months. Taking a deep breath, he twisted the door handle and pushed the door open. "Sorry for being late- HYUNG?!?!?" Jaehwan could feels his eyes widen as he was met with Taekwoon's usual poker face.

"You're late", was all the older student muttered before turning back to the piano keys. Jaehwan closed the door behind him, still in shock. Was this fate? No, Sunggyu had said that he had been requested. Wait...

"You must be really curious to see who I got partnered with, if you're actually bothering to ask, Taekwoon-hyung".

"I'm not curious".


"Hyung, you requested to work with me", Jaehwan asked in disbelief. This was a dream come true. After years of begging, he would finally get to stand on stage with his hyung. A sudden weight fell on his shoulders. Taekwoon was already in his last year. The upcoming showcase would be his last performance here before his graduation. Jaehwan silently promised to himself and his hyung that he would practice hard to make this his- no, their best performance ever.

Sheet music was suddenly in his face. He backed away, startled, before taking them with wide eyes. He looked at the top of the sheet for the title. 'Love Letter'? He had never heard of it before. "Hyung, where did you find this song", he asked as he looked over the accompaniment music. It was a ballad.

"I wrote it", Taekwoon seemed to hesitate before quietly adding, "for you". He then turned back to the piano, an obvious blush showing, going all the way to the very tips of his ears. Letting out an awkward cough, the third year music student's fingers began to move over the keys. "Sing", he commanded.

Taken aback by the sudden request, Jaehwan scrambled to get the sheet music sorted on the stand in front of him, then catch up to where the other was in the intro.

Even if I'm not good with words, please understand me

I'll tell you everything that I've kept inside.

Do you remember the first day we met?

When you smiled at me with your pretty lips?

 

The younger looked up to stare at his hyung when there was a pause in the lyrics. Did Taekwoon feel the same? The older boy threw him an expectant look, nodding for him to keep singing.

 

 

After that day, I was determined

That I never wanted to let you out of my embrace

 

Jaehwan's voice cracked. He couldn't keep singing, not when he felt like this. Hell, he could barely see the sheet music anymore because of the tears gathering and making his vision blurry. Taekwoon stopped playing to stare at him, a worried expression on his face. The younger opened his mouth to say something, he wanted to. Desperately. Anything to confirm what he thought this song meant. But before he could form a coherent sentence, the older boy, again, turned back towards the piano keys. He took an audible breath before he started to sing where the younger had left off. And it was heavenly.

 

That I would go till the end.

 

 

Although it's not enough to just say that I love you

I'm still going to confess today.

I wanna be with you

Don't ever forget, that there's always a person one step behind you

That will protect you.

 

 

 

If he had been teary eyed, Jaehwan was positively crying a waterfall now. Taekwoon liked him. Him, Lee Jaehwan. And he had confessed all of his feelings in the sweetest, most sincere song lyics ever. It wasn't like that pop, I-love-you-wait-I-hate-you crap either. It was a song that screamed Taekwoon, that was so raw and fragile, Jaehwan was almost afraid it would break. Taekwoon had shown a part of himself that he kept hidden, safe from the cruel society that would tear that innocence to shreds. Yet, Jaehwan had not only been allowed to see, he had been allowed in.

Wiping his eyes, he moved to sit next to Taekwoon, who hadn't moved from his spot on the piano bench. Smiling, leaned over a placed a soft kiss on the older boy's cheek. When he pulled away, Taekwoon turned to stare at him, eyes a fraction wider than what they normally were.

"I love you too, Taekwoon", Jaehwan replied as he gently took his hyung's hand and intertwined their fingers. The older boy said nothing, instead looking down to stare at their interlocked hands in wonder. They would have to go slow, in every aspect of their relationship. Emotionally and physically, the elder wasn't ready for any sudden changes just yet. Based on what Jaehwan had found out from the older boy's mother on one of his many outings to the Jung residence, Taekwoon had never dated before and found intimacy, even with his own family members, difficult.

Jaehwan looked down when the grip on his hand tightened ever so slightly.

"Thank you, Jaehwan".

He would wait. He would do everything in his power to make this work. To earn what he had been given today. Jaehwan would prove that he was worthy of the place that Taekwoon had made for him in his heart.

 

 

 

 

 

-  -  END  -  -

LOL cheese festXD Lawl sorry, I happened to read 10080 (against my better judgment) and had to write something to make myself feel better. Umm...awkward~ This is my first keo fic and I've only recently been introduced to VIXX so umm sorry if the characterizations are completely off (Of course the characterizations are 'off', you pabo, this is a freakin slash fic) Anyways, I haven't really gone through it yet to check for mistakes and what not but that'll probably be done later. On a completely unrelated note, OMG!! Leo is sooooooo adorable~~ I think I have a thing for guys that look tough but are actually sweethearts *cough* TaoER~ *cough* Well, ciao^^